Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Drive belt prices
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Pull behind Trailer

Go down 
+7
Sweendog
dspevack
honda_silver
Jeff Rosenkranz
JeffR
DennisB
tonylumps
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Pull behind Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I have been looking for a Trailer for quite awhile I think I found it The trailer had to be lite, No wider then the Swing,2 wheels (Less side stress on the hitch),And no clanging noise at stop and go. Well I think I found it . 80 Pounds empty,28 inches wide, two wheels and it uses a pin coupler The type that is used on the Bushtec trailer. It is called a TAG-ALONG Made by D+P Enterprises I spoke to Dennis about the Hitch He said No problem Just needs a smaller hole drilled Anyone using this Trailer or know anything about D+P. Tony
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Tony,

Just thought I would include the D&P web sight thread.

http://www.lilthoroughbredtrailers.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Those are nice looking trailers. One day when my wife and I can go on long rides I will get one of those too. Post some pics if you get a hitch and trailer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 am

Will do. One of the reasons for buying the trailer I am trying to combine my bicycle time with my Swing time I have a Montague folding bicycle that might fit in the trailer. Riding around on the roads on a bicycle in this area is a little dangerous But we do have some good Rail- to-Trail paths that I have to drive to.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Good for you Tony! Combining two sports is a great way increase the outdoor fun. I've visited with a few recumbant riders, and they say it's the way to go. And yours folds? Cool. I've been trailering around my old 78 Le Tour, and my kayak with my 03 Silverwing this year, and now if I die and dont make it to Heaven.........well at least I've been pretty close. Really....if the streets are paved with gold in Heaven, wont that create a bit of a traction problem?
Hey, a Harbor Freight mini trailer narrowed significantly would weigh less 100lbs.....$179.00. Good luck with your project. Jeff. Pull behind Trailer 126978
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Jeff I wish my Recumbent did fold. But the Montague I bought is an upright frame So until they make a good folding Recumbent this one will do Just my Riding time will cut down a little. I thought about that Trailer on Northern tool I do have a set of Torches and a Mig Welder But decided against that because of my welding Expertice and the ball hitch was not the way I wanted to go But I could have saved some Money with the Northern Trailer Thats for sure. Tony

Last edited by tonylumps on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Cant wait to see the finished project Tony. I was really curious as to how the whole trailering FEEL was going to be.....but after a mix of riding city, highway, and good old two lane country roads, [ cue the John Denver music ], I'm cautious, but comfortable with my partner behind. Dumb butt me, I never bought a spare.......and of course, looked behind me to see my 8in tire happily rolling along, supporting the trailer, kayak, and bicycle, but had broken the bead...flat. So I obliged and let that tire take me to the nearest town......2 miles....if you stopped, she'd flatten out, but at 20mph, she was happy to take us to Tire Town.
Tony, the Harbor Freight trailer is a kit trailer, so the only cutting that I did was with a Sawzall...even the axle. From there the frame was just a re-drill, and bolt together. The axle was re-welded for me at a muffler shop for $20.
When you pull up at the local convenience store, or ice cream shop with your Silverwing and trailer w/bicycle be prepared to visit awhile......." Whatcha got there sonny?...." Pull behind Trailer Icon_smile
Have fun.....Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:06 am

Jeff I was just looking at that trailer on northern Your are right it is just bolted together I thought it was welded It would have been easier than I thought Maybe that will be a nice winter project If I get some extra money The shipping is what hurts I have a Harbor Frieght not to far from me they may have something coming up soon Tony
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:42 pm

My trailer arrived about an Hour ago Put it together in about 20 minutes I was a little leary about Buying this Trailer Online Just a Picture on a Website. When I took the trailer out of the box it was more than I expected All LED Lights, The stock Gel coat Good enough for a wax Job All of the Hardware First class. The Hitch pin fit perfect on Dennisb Trailer Hitch.Real personal service from Don and Pam at D+P Trailer When I get all Lights hooked up and Take it out for a Shake Down I will let you know how it pulls behind The Swing Tony
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am

Way to go Tony. Cant wait to hear about your "tow behind" adventures. You know it used to be easy and kind of fun to dodge/weave around manhole covers, potholes, and turtles, as a two wheeler......but now.......your new trailer will remind you that you're a little wider than you used to be. Shoot.......a scooter pulling a bicycle on a trailer.......yep, even the Harley riders will be giving you the "Low Wave". Tell us more and post a pic when you get a chance Tony. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:12 am

Hey Tony.......Some of the trailer guys will recommend using a powered wiring harness......since you're all LED, I wouldn't think that it would be necessary. My Harbor Freight mini uses standard filament bulbs, and I have conscientiously monitored the wiring for any heating........cool as a cucumber. But, the powered systems have their peace of mind, it's just that the LED's are supposed to use a fraction of the juice. Ya know....DennisB has a quick connector.......Do you have any suspension on your trailer? Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 am

Jeff I don't think I will need it ,even though my big trailer has all LED it has a power Harness but it has a lot of Lites on it and they put it on in case I wanted to add more The only suspension is the air adjustment in the tires 4.80x8 with full wheel bearings The Trailer i had back in 1987 had the same wheels no suspension but the bearings looked like the ones I have on my pedal bikes I always had extra bearings with me then Yes i am using DennisB wire Harness That will make it easy for me This is a picture hooked up to a Battery not wired swing yet Tony
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Are there any reflectors or LEDs on the sides??
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Did not come with them But looking on EBAY Tony
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Like the trailer....

A little eyeliner around the lights...
A little lipstick around the license plate frame....
Paint on a few lashes....

Drivers behind you will smile and not crash into you.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Your right It does look a smiley
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: You need a monster-teeth license plate.   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Pull behind Trailer DSC00239
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

I don't think some of our law enforcement will go for it.But maybe they will LED flash 3 seconds Then on I just put the tag on Pa Trailer tag is just to big for these small trailers.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey Tony. Excellent!........That is one sharp trailer.......chrome wheels, great design, and flawless finish. You're right....just wax that gel coat. She looks like she was designed by Da Vinci. Ya know, Illinois will allow the use of the motorcycle size plate, if the trailer is being towed by a two wheeler. I found out too late and also have the full size plate. Now......back to this bicycle thing......how in the heck are you going to carry that chain driven, paint scratching,pedal powered, sharpedged,axle nut, handlebar from hell, bicycle of yours in/on that Mercedes Benz trailer?? Jeff
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I sent an email to Bushtec Trailers they have a Luggage rack that may fit on top of this trailer If it does I will mount a Fork brace with a Quick release mount on the trailer tung and a Yakima Bicycle system that will bolt to the Luggage rack I hope. If Bushtec does not fit I will have to look at another company D+P did not show one on there web site And never did ask Don I will email them after the Holiday. So the Bicycle will be Upright on the trailer It is only about 24 LBS. Now my folding bike will fit in the trailer but can't close the lid The folding bike is a Diamond Frame I would rather get set up for a Recumbent It will be a good Winter project Along with my Stebel horn Install. Tony
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Jeeez Tony........did you say "winter"?. Ouch.....I'm having a hard time accepting the season change this year. Hey, it sounds like you have this thing figured out. I also went upright with a homemade bike mount, next to my kayak. Half the fun was trying an idea, seeing it through, and chucking it entirely, for a better idea. Of course....it was winter, and the dream of good weather kept the project fresh. What about a channel on the tongue for the rear wheel, and the fork mount on the trailer top.? Would this lower the overall height? I'm with you on this.....sounds like a great study. OR....... a lay down mount on the trailer rack??? Darn it....this is going to keep me up tonight! Experiment on Tony!!! Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:09 am

That may be possible would have to scrap the ready made fork mount and fabricate a new one That would be better because my Reumbent has a 20" Front wheel and a 26" rear The whole thing depends on what type of luggage rack I can find. tony
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:46 am

Have you seen those pictures of a man, his wife, two kids, a load of produce, and firewood, all strapped to a Honda Cub step thru.......??? That is every other vehicle from India to Viet Nam. Sort of makes your recumbant hauler seem all the more possible. If you get a moment, tell us all why you ride/prefer the recumbant over a standard style bike.....what are the benefits, etc...........and Tony.......if you get chased by a dog, does he still go for the legs, or some other part of the anatomy that may be about canine teeth high to your back pocket.????? Jeff.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:39 pm

There has to be some kind of cartop bike rack with starps to clamp on the lid around somewhere.
Kinda like roof gutter clamps that came with my cartop carrier.
Modified to fit of course.

hehehehehehehe
MaxB ( meds kickin in now , being silly)
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

i have ll kinds of auto bike racks Roof type, Hitch type Need a Luggage Rack for a base to build on Once I locate one I can build from there I have all the parts to mount the Bicycle
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Max, Max, Max........you know that we all love you ......but C'mon.....car top bike racks with "starps" are "so yesterday"......The hot ticket is a set of "cungee bords" with an adjustable "burntuckle." ..........Dude.......we must be going to the same pharmacy. " Yes Nurse Cratchit....I'm ready for my meds,......and a sponge bath!" Now there's a mental image unworthy of a Sunday afternoon. Tony......don't let us distract you from your honorable pursuit of bicycling excellence, with Silverwing assist........But Max........really.........my vote goes for "starpless" when it comes to DennisB's sweety ShaniaB. bounce bounce Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
Have you seen those pictures of a man, his wife, two kids, a load of produce, and firewood, all strapped to a Honda Cub step thru.......??? That is every other vehicle from India to Viet Nam. Sort of makes your recumbant hauler seem all the more possible. If you get a moment, tell us all why you ride/prefer the recumbant over a standard style bike.....what are the benefits, etc...........and Tony.......if you get chased by a dog, does he still go for the legs, or some other part of the anatomy that may be about canine teeth high to your back pocket.????? Jeff.
The reason for a recumbent I don't believe no pain no gain Standard bikes were putting a Hurten on me Hands got Numb Strain on the neck after about 2 years I finally gave up Jeff go to this site http://www.bentrideronline.com It will show all types of Recumbents Tony
and this http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=63684
Talk about a speeding ticket on a Bycycle
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
Max, Max, Max........you know that we all love you ......but C'mon.....car top bike racks with "starps" are "so yesterday"......The hot ticket is a set of "cungee bords" with an adjustable "burntuckle." ..........Dude.......we must be going to the same pharmacy. " Yes Nurse Cratchit....I'm ready for my meds,......and a sponge bath!" Now there's a mental image unworthy of a Sunday afternoon. Tony......don't let us distract you from your honorable pursuit of bicycling excellence, with Silverwing assist........But Max........really.........my vote goes for "starpless" when it comes to DennisB's sweety ShaniaB. bounce bounce Jeff.

I'll trade ya 2 of my blue ones for 1 of your yellow ones. hahahahhahaha
MaxB (feelin better tonite)
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:11 am

Wiring done on Trailer Took it out for a shake down Put about 50#in it. Dropped the pressure in tires down to 20#. The Good news you don't feel any difference in the ride. Quiet because of the coupler. Bad news you might forget you are towing a trailer and speed climbs very easy.No problem with Braking at all. Tony
Attachments
Pull behind Trailer AttachmentDSC00251.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(143 Kb) Downloaded 44 times
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:25 am

I'm insanely jealous!
It looks terrific! cheers
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks Mike now I have to try to mount my Bicycle on it. Tony
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Tony. I think that you have found the Holy Grail of Silverwing trailers. This may be the start of something big among the SW riders. I know that your intent is a bicycle hauler......but right about now ALL the SWing guys are " insanely jealous". And on the lighter side, Max and I are just generally "insane"!! I wasn't familiar with the hitch type. Looks excellent. I was envisioning more of a farm/ag type of hitch.....but this answers the pivot/lean questions that riders will have. Good on ya Tony.........Oh, if those are tubeless tires, and you have dropped to 20lbs, you could run the risk of popping 'er off the bead. If you have this happen, just put in tubes and you should be good to go for that sudden pothole hit. The cost of the trailer is..........????? Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Jeff the Swing I did not know to expect. I Bought used 2002 it had 6000 Miles Got it for a good price. After doing some nice long Rides I would not hesitate to do a cross country trip on the swing. Even though I bought the trailer to Transport the bike to local Rail to Trails I could see a lot of 3+ 4 day Weekends spent with the Swing and Trailer as Far as what it cost Here is there website My biggest problem was the Hitch and Dennis took care of that problem. Tony
http://www.lilthoroughbredtrailers.com
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:45 pm

DennisB to the rescue! cheers If only there was a DennisB.....M.D....plumber......mechanic.......therapist.......HVAC tech.....caterer......reception D.J........parachute packer......you know, someone that you could count on to do something well!! Tony, would you recommend a recumbant that is on the price conscious side.......I think that I need to try one. Thanks.....Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Jeff there is a company called Action Bent they only sell on ebay.They get good marks for price Quality Not your High end Good for beginners But with all 2 wheel recumbents you need a lot of practice. If you can try and locate a Recumbent shop or a Bicycle shop that sells them near you and try them out first. Did you try that web site.A lot of good info on Bentrider. Like here Ask and you shall recieve One thing they are a little more expensive than a Standard bike Because they are not Mass produced a lot more of the low end frames are made in china. Tony
PS There is another type of recumbent it is called a Crank Forward Looks like a standard frame very comfortable and easy to ride i ride this about 80%of the time and a company called Rans Aircraft makes them
http://www.ransbikes.com/
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks Tony........I'm looking for my reading glasses, and hiding my Mastercard until I do the research. Your new trailer looks aerodynamic enough to tow behind your bicycle. I live on the Great River Road, [Mississippi] and see a lot of single track, one wheel trailers behind bicycles. Is this the current hot ticket? Sure looks like a lot of work. Would touring on a recumbant be more efficient than touring on a standard bicycle? Thanks for the links and I will follow up on them. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 pm

I think it would be more comfortable once you get your Recumbent legs It could take anywhere from 300-500 miles to retrain your legs and that is conservative It took me longer I never did any touring I did a lot of charity rides or mainly ride myself at my own pace.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks Tony. Let us know how your work is progressing. I showed your pix to a Goldwing rider today and he was really impressed. Will you by chance be applying "STP" stickers, and various "Wisconsin Dells" memoribilia, to that pristine Gel coat? "Wall Drugs". Now there's a fashion statement. Take care, and post pix when you figure out that rack. I'm just curious enough about this recumbant thing to do something stupid. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:12 am

Tony,

The tralier looks great. How does it pull with the SWing? I bet it hauls alot too. Good going.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:34 am

Jeff i think it pulls to good I put about 50#in it for a test ride and you don't feel it at all.I may forget it is back there No clanging on stop and go and over some bumps because of the type of coupler. It is a small trailer not wider than the Swing I think it is around 9CF. Tony
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Just an update on hauling a Bicycle with a trailer. Fabricated the fork stand and Temp. mounted on trailer still waiting for the luggage rack to get chromed Hope it works If not Will lose Bike and maybe Trailer. This is what it will look like Well almost.Tony
Attachments
Pull behind Trailer AttachmentDSC00264.JPG
(145 Kb) Downloaded 31 times
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Very impressive! cheers
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Mike I hope it works I am waiting for a larger luggage Rack to spread the weight out a little and tie the rear of bike down. People haul there bikes like this on the roof of there car It should work.Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:17 pm

I can't see why it shouldn't work very well, Tony.
I agree a bigger rack makes sense for sure.
Where does the front wheel go?
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Oops forgot about that. Kidding Mike How is this. I have 2 Bungee cords fasten to frame of bike.The wheel is only about 900 Gr.
Attachments
Pull behind Trailer AttachmentDSC00266.JPG
(139 Kb) Downloaded 25 times
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Seems that their site is down... will check in a bit
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Jim try this
http://www.lilthoroughbredtrailers.com/id2.html

Last edited by tonylumps on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Now it won't load. I was on a minute ago
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:44 am

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

I will email Don The owner and try to find the problem Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pull behind Trailer   Pull behind Trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pull behind Trailer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next