Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

After the first good long ride

Go down 
+8
transam86
crahar
DennisB
masscoot
jdeereanton
JeffR
GaryL
odessa
12 posters
AuthorMessage
odessa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-08-02

After the first good long ride Empty
PostSubject: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 am

Greetings all from western Maryland. Put the new tags on this late afternoon, and took a first ride with the Mrs. over hill and dale here in semi-rural Civil War country. She seemed to like the view, seat comfort, and lack of shifting 'lurches', though her eyes watered from the air stream. I also like quite a bit about the new-to-me bike, such as brakes, power, controls, but need to work on the seating position: I seem to want to move way back, so I'm going to temporarily remove the already adjusted backwards buttrest, and see if that helps. I'm about 6'2", and the stock windshield seems too short for me also: the air flow doesn't direct up over my face/eyes enough. From what I've read here, I'm interested in the Givi Airflow. My presumably stock shield is 20.5 measured up the face. How much taller will the Airflow adjust than that?
I appreciate the effort you folks have made to create this forum. It's good to be able to look over the shoulder (so to speak) of all you more experienced Swing riders here, to look for solutions to increase the riding safety, comfort, fun, etc.
I have definitely never had such a deluxe ride; my next oldest real road bike is an 82!
I'm taking it in for a check-up this week, since I just got it, and would like a Honda mechanic to give it a once-over, change some fluids, and so forth. Once I know the bike has a clean bill of health, I can get serious about having some fun with it.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 am

Odessa,

Welcome to the SilverWing community! There is lots of good information contained within these posts, so read, ride, and enjoy!

What year is your SWing?
Back to top Go down
odessa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 am

2007 - thanks.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 am

odessa,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. I have a review of the Airflow here:

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/givi-airflow-adjustable-windshield-review-t1677.htm

It is a great screen too. I have had the stock screen, the XL Clearview, and the standard Givi and the Airflow is my favorite. It is taller than the stock screen but I don't know how much. But it pushes the air over my head and I'm 6' tall with a longer torso. When you get time pleae go to the "Albums" section and create your own folder so you can put pics of your bike and some good pics of rides you do. We would all like to see some. Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 am

odessa,

Welcome to the site - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 am

Odessa,

Thanks for the kind words about the site! You will like it here!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Odessa,

Welcome to the forum, Happy you decided to join in. Lot's of great people and information to be found here. Post some pictures if you get a chance.

Again, Welcome. After the first good long ride Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 am

Howdy and welcome aboard, enjoy the read and the ride. This site fills the bill when it comes to help and knowledge. There's also quite a few ideas floating around that prove to get ya thinking about how ya do stuff.
Craig
Back to top Go down
odessa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks to all. I hope I can contribute something useful eventually. Once I get my riding comfort/fit settled, I want to look in to what modifications are generally recommended or highly rated by users for safety, convenience, .... for instance, I think I would like to get a topcase, but wondering if there are some besides Givi that users have found to be well made and reasonably priced.
I've only spent a few hours reading here, but it seems like DennisB has invented/manufactured several useful devices to make these Silverwings better in one way or another. I particularly like his trailer hitch, though I have never pulled a trailer with a bike.
Thanks again for the welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Another option for your airflow issue is the Laminar Lip. I recently got one and it improved my rides 100%.

I thought it was kind of expensive for what it is, a curved piece of clear plastic. But some smart people told me it was well worth it and boy were they right.

If you don't want go to the effort of replacing your stock windshield you might consider it.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:26 pm

UNCLE BLINGY RINS DA GIVI ALSO and loves it . Im getting my shield today for my 09
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm

+1 for Givi...

...and welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
odessa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks again for the welcome. My local shop called to say the bike is good to go, and the weekend weather looks promising ....
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Odessa,

Welcome to the group! Enjoy your weekend ride on that new Swing!
Back to top Go down
brendam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 am

From one newbie to another newbie "Welcome"... seems like great people and lots of good advice here.

Ride safe
Brenda
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 am

Even if the mirror arms touch the Givi screen, the Swing is almost turned to a fully locked position, however, you can loosen the adjusting nut and reset the mirrors aft towards the rider and that may solve the problem, ....or

Better yet, buy an inexpensive pair of mirror extenders and apply them. Not only will they NOT hit the Givi windshield, but they will increase your field of view to the rear immensely. billc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the first good long ride   After the first good long ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the first good long ride
Page 1 of 1