Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Had a great Ride

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:30 pm

king Last week i took off from southern Missouri and rode my 600 to New Orleans. Spent two days there and took the rural route through Mississippi and Arkansas bsck home. It was a great ride and a bonus was the stop at Searcy Ark. at the Honda dealership. 1400 miles of pure fun and i am still smileing Laughing
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:30 am

David,

I bet that was a great ride and I wish I was able to take a long ride like you did. Were you able to take any photos you can put in the album? How did the SWing perform , i.e. comfort, power etc? Also, how was the weather during your ride? I would be smiling still myself if that was me making that ride. Congrats. But we do like pics!!! :Not Worthy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Back roads of Arkansas   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:21 am

David, just curious if you passed through Rison Arkansas on your trip to New Orleans and through Searcy. If you ever come back, plan on stopping here for a few minutes and drinking a glass of iced tea with me.
That sounds like a really nice trip. I don't know if I could ever make that length of trip again. Just the right time of year too. A little later and it would melt the brain to ride that far in the sun. Thanks for the post.
Gary 🦋
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:19 am

Opalsboy wrote:
just curious if you passed through Rison
Arkansas on your trip to New Orleans and through Searcy. If you ever
come back, plan on stopping here for a few minutes and drinking a glass
of iced tea with me.

Have your ridden the Natchez Trace before?? In September I am planning on riding on my way to Washington DC area to visit my baby sister.

http://tinyurl.com/nkpagm
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Way long scoot...   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:25 pm

"Have your ridden the Natchez Trace before?? In September I am planning on riding on my way to Washington DC area to visit my baby sister."

No, I have never even heard of that. I have a few nearer trips I need to take before something that long. You may have read me saying I made the trip from here to Rock Port and back in January. That was a really long trip for me. This summer/fall, I want to make one of the scooter rallies in Eureka Springs area. Also making the pig trail ride is on my agenda. Just may not live long enough to do all the rides I want. One of my really really far out dreams would be to pull a "Road Hogs" trip. I have never been west of Hutchinson Kansas or San Antonio Texas. Don't know which is more west.
I have been to Washington a couple of times. Greatest place to visit in our country. I would love to go again. Maybe after I get back from the Pacific. I shouldn't have said that Washington was the greatest, I have never been to Georgetown TX. I have really seen some neat places while traveling to and through Texas... there is one place, I think it is close to you... and I may be spelling this wrong... Gildeod. The fort where hundreds of Texans were killed near the time of the Alamo. I went by there on my way to Rock Port, just didn't know what it was until we reached Rock Port. I could go back there for an extended visit. San Antonio is one of the prettiest towns in our country. Been there a few times and would go back.
So many places to go and see. Why am I sitting here... I gonna go ride a bit.
Gary
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 am

Opalsboy wrote:
No, I have never even heard of that.

http://www.nps.gov/natt

National Scenic By-Way with no commercial traffic with free camping at three places along the route.

Opalsboy wrote:
You may have
read me saying I made the trip from here to Rock Port and back in
January. That was a really long trip for me.

I remember

Opalsboy wrote:
This summer/fall, I want
to make one of the scooter rallies in Eureka Springs area. Also making
the pig trail ride is on my agenda.

I have not made up my mind yet .... the pig trail was a lot of fun.

Opalsboy wrote:
I have never been west of Hutchinson Kansas
or San Antonio Texas. Don't know which is more west.

San Antonio is further west by 0.580576 degrees Razz

Opalsboy wrote:
I have really seen some neat places while
traveling to and through Texas... there is one place, I think it is
close to you... and I may be spelling this wrong... Gildeod.

Goliad Smile where Santa Ana wanted his cannons back.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am

Goliad... that is the place. Goliad... what a great looking castle that is there today. Goliad... a place I had never heard of. Goliad... where hundreds of prisoners of the war with Santa Ana were supposedly being freed and allowed to return to their homes were marched outside in groups and slaughtered. Everyone has heard the cheer "remember the Alamo". We should. Goliad is another remember point in American history. Goliad.. another inspiration to never forget that freedom in this country, whether it is in Texas or Alabama, always costs somebody something. We owe it to all of our heroes to "Remember The Freedom". Never take it for granted. As you ride today, remember some soldier, young or old, male or female, of any colors. I may forget the name or how to spell it, but I will never forget Goliad.

http://www.lsjunction.com/events/goliad_m.htm
Back to top Go down

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Long Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:59 am

I bet that was a great ride and I wish I was able to take a long ride like you did. Were you able to take any photos you can put in the album? How did the SWing perform , i.e. comfort, power etc?

It was a great ride and comfort was not a problem. I have had a lot of bikes and did a lot of touring but the Swing is the best. I sold my new Goldwing two months after buying the Swing. Yes my but gets tired after a hard days ride but unlike most other bikes i am not in pain and suffering after 500 miles. The seating position of the Swing suites me and being able to move my legs into so many positions really helps. Power is not a problem and with the givi saddle bags and a bed roll on the back seat I can carry everything to tour and camp in style.
Back to top Go down

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 am

David, just curious if you passed through Rison Arkansas on your trip to New Orleans and through Searcy. If you ever come back, plan on stopping here for a few minutes and drinking a glass of iced tea with me.
Thanks for the post.
Gary

Gary I missed Rison but if I had known you were there I would have went out of the way to come by. Send me an Email and I will ride down that way and take you up on the tea. Something I would realy like to do is take regular rides to see other scooter riders within two or three hundred miles of Willow Springs Missouri. Thanks much for the invite. davidddavid@centurytel.net cheers 🦋
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am

David Viers wrote:
Something I would realy like to do is take regular rides to see other scooter riders within two or three hundred miles of Willow Springs Missouri.

Talimena Scenic Drive ( http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com ) is about halfway Cool . I wonder how many SWings would be interested in a weekend meet for a ride there.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 am

Bit too far for me :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Don't forget Bill... John rides SLOW.. I would think it really would be bit too far for him.

Golly, there are just gazillions of rides to make... you guys quit coming up with so many until I get a chance to make one you have already suggested.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Had a great Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great Ride   Had a great Ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had a great Ride
Page 1 of 1