Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??

Go down 
+16
ronjr009
bigbird
buddy19520
tankyuong
DennisB
Janewayfan
crahar
The Scootist
Hammy
tonylumps
MikeO
MaxB
Waspie
GaryL
dspevack
Jeff Rosenkranz
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Empty
PostSubject: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:08 pm

During a visit with a Majesty owner, we were both honest enough to question the reason for the purchase of our "Scoots". We talked about simplicity, convenience, storage, grey hair,......and yes, we both agreed that it is good " to gacefully surrender the things of youth "......BUT......we both reminisced about running through the gears. That rise and fall of the revs,....blipping the throttle at an intersection......watching the tach swing to redline when hitting neutral between 1st and 2nd.....Ouch...... still.... good memories.
So......if Honda offered a Silverwing, 6 speed, manual clutch,..... would you be interested???? Jeff. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? 383825
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Not even remotely. The whole reason for going scooter is because at the time no comparable cvt motorcycle was available.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 am

Not likely, unless there was some other significant reason to do so. Over the years I went from manual shift cars to automatics as they are as efficient as manuals these days. I don't miss the shifting of the bike one bit. I'm into relaxed, long distance riding, not sporty riding (though I have been through the Dragon many times).
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:30 am

In short - No!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 am

No thats why I have my other bikes. the swing is my UAS (urban assault scooter)

MaxB
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 am

Not really - my bike licence is for autos only.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:01 am

When I first bought the Swing I would spend equal time riding my Vstar and the Swing Now it just seems natural to just jump on the swing and go. Now the Vstar 1100 is a real nice bike not too heavy, low seat, and the motor has been on the road since the mid 80's. Air cooled carb, So it has to warm up for at least 10 minutes before you ride The Swing just jump on and Go and Go and Go. I love not shifting, Maybe because I do it all day long. Tony
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:37 am

I can stall anything that requires me to use a clutch -- that and I like being able to ride more or less one-handed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:09 am

The year is 2015. Utility Scooters are still available, but a mutation has occured in the same way that standard motorcycles of the 60s and 70s became todays tourers, dirt bikes, and sportbikes. Honda looks at the demographics of the maxi-scooter rider, in general, and knows that names like Hemi Cudas, Olds 442's, SS396 Chevelles, and split window Corvettes, mean a lot to the Boomers. The horsepower/weight wars are ON, in the Sport/Scooter segment. The CVT is still there with all the comfort and convenience.........But.....the lines have become more aggressive, Honda has hung the FI CBR 600 engine beneath the 2015 CVR Sportwing, producing 120 hp.....weight is down to 310lbs, all sitting on fat road racing tires........and she sounds like a Ferrari......yet, docile as a kitten, reliable as any Honda, but with " Warp Speed Twist of the Wrist". List price, $12k.
Even though we dont really NEED an extra 70 hp, or NEED to lose an extra 100 lbs.........would you have to have one?? Jeff. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 am

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
Even though we dont really NEED an extra 70 hp, or NEED to lose an extra 100 lbs.........would you have to have one?? Jeff. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_smile

I think there are alot of people on this board (myself included) that would love to lose an extra 100 lbs. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_lol Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_cheers Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Lol

I would definitely love to get one, as long as it was automatic.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Jeff:
The bike you described exists today. It is the new Honda VFR 1200 with the automatic transmission. In fact the horse power is reported at 172 which is even more than you stated... The list price for the auto is about $17,000 which is pretty high, but I may need to get one of these...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Once in a while I wish I could pull a clutch to coast into a red light or something...you can feel the CVT go to neutral on the Swing....but sometimes I'd like to be in neutral sooner.

Other than that tiny minor time, no way.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:31 pm

There's also the Yamaha FJR (very popular in the IBA) which comes with the option of an automatic clutch -- you still shift, but the clutch is auto. I guess you could call it semi-automatic, like on some Spyders.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Yes, the FJR is a very nice bike, but I wish it had a larger fuel tank and I have heard that the shifting of the auto can be a bit clunky.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 pm

No, I think I've got what I need or want however you want to look at it. It's like going out and finding the right suit you want the one that fits with the least amount tailoring. You can then add shirt,tie, belt,vest, or whatever you thinks looks the best. Same way with the Swing you tailor it to your requirements be it wants or needs. And if I find that magical way too loose that extra 100+ pounds I'll be glad to share it.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Janewayfan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I don't care about that feature. The Suzuki Burgman 650 already has the option of "shifting" through gears. My wife has one but never uses it. We both used to drive manual transmission cars til foot surgeries put an end to that...at times I do miss shifting in a car, especially in poor conditions. But not on a bike.

To each his/her own...as long as the ride's enjoyable! Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_smile

Janewayfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.inbalancemassageonline.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:21 pm

The way I look at it is, when your going 70-90 on the highway and it's a beautiful day, who in the hell wants to start shifting. I've had shifting bikes all my life and it's great to just kick back and let the scooter do it's thing. HURRAY FOR AUTOMATIC SILVERWING!!!! Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

I agree Dennis. Part of my commute involves some stop and go traffic. I sure don't want to deal with constant shifting or holding in the clutch while I wait for traffic to move again. The CVT is ideal for my ride to work. Now it might be fun to have a shifter for launching out of curves in the canyons...
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:29 pm

I was launching out of many curves on the PA turnpike! The Swing seems to have a rocket booster that kicks in when you twist the throttle at 73mph that shoots you up to 85-90mph pretty quick. Or so it seemed but I was grinning like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 pm

I use my silverwing fo trips and 650r for in town
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I came up to the Swing from a little 150cc scooter; never rode a motorcycle with gears. Don't see any reason to start now, either.

It's not just the automatic that appeals to me. I wouldn't want to live without the storage, I like the room to move my feet around and like the protection from the elements. I have the J Costa on mine, but wouldn't mind another 10-15 horsepower - I would view any more than that as a waste. The bike would get too heavy, drink gas and cost more to purchase. Plus, I would probably get into trouble with it - a ticket or an accident Smile.

What I would like is a higher seat so that I could stretch out a little more. (But then it would probably be too tall for other riders.) And firmer springs up front. Other than that, I like it pretty well. I keep thinking that any other bike would be lacking in some way after getting used to the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Philip:
If you are serious about having stiffer front springs, then you should consider swapping the stock springs for HyperPro progressive springs. It doesn't cost very much and the improvement is incredible.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:15 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Interesting thread to say the least. Especially since I rode my first "shift" bike today as my riding days were born on a Helix and graduated to a Swing. I don't know if a scooter will ever be a "shifting" bike. But like the others have said, their are motorcycles that have an electronic shifter without the clutch from Yamaha and Honda although they are very costly. Another one is the Aprilia Mana 850 GT. I believe it has the same engine as the Gilera. They key to the scooter design is this. It has a step through which makes it easy to mount. The motor is often configured so that the seat can be utilized for storage either under the seat or just behind it. These 2 advantages really make a large touring scooter such as the Swing a practical choice for anyone who wants to ride but has a hard time mounting on a motorcylce and/or wants more space. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is why the Silverwing is popular with the "baby boomer" Segment of the population. I suspect we may see some more "electronic" shifting versions in the future both for scooters and in the motorcycle arena, but I don't think we'll ever see a traditional tranny mated to a scooter. Personally, it's nice not to have to worry about shifting and I can concentrate on riding and hitting my marks in the corners. Maybe that is the beauty of a bike such as the Mana. You can have both and choose to do whatever based on how you feel at any given moment. But I still can't fit 2 helmets underneath a Mana and to me, that is a huge advantage to a scooter.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:41 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Philip:
If you are serious about having stiffer front springs, then you should consider swapping the stock springs for HyperPro progressive springs. It doesn't cost very much and the improvement is incredible.

Thanks for the info. I have seen many posts about the HyperPro springs. I will probably install them some day, along with the performance upgrades (chip and exhaust), but I'm just to cheap to do it now. Everything runs just great, and I hate to mess with things.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:42 pm

The year is 2030. DennisB, Dale, and JeffR are sitting around the table reminiscing about the good old days. Dennis says....." I remember when we put a Mikuni carb on a 76 XLCR Harley.....that was one fast #@$%**!." Dale counters with....." Yes, but open the throttle at 4k on Kim and my old Silverwings with those CVT's....those were some fast #@$%**!'s." JeffR slowly and deliberately looks up and with his best Clint Eastwood and says........" Thats it boys.....tonight were sneaking down to the nurses station....Dale and I will create a diversion by mixing up our Dentu cream with our toupe glue, and DennisB, you swipe those batteries off the defibrillator cart. These Power Chairs are going to be some fast #@$%**!'s ". Kids and Moderators never grow old. Jeff. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi Jeff,

Racin power chairs....Nothing would be more FUN! YEEEEHAAAA!!!

I just hope that Nurse Cratchit never finds out or we will be in big pile of S*#H!
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 am

On the starting line, it's Dale, #52, with 48 volt running through an 05," borrowed" CVT transmission.....next it's JeffR , #34 running a stock [sure] 2027 Rascal from the Scooter Store....."We can get you a Power Chair at no cost to you"......with what looks like a hand clutch off an antique Troy Built tiller.......And finally, it's DennisB # 22, surrounded by bikini clad umbrella girls, with drag slicks, wheelie bars, and 10 Neutroniumcadlithium batteries running DIRECT DRIVE. Dropping the 10 second flag is ShaniaB Twain, but wait.......running across the race course......it''s......it's........Nurse Cratchit.........AAAAHHHHHHHH. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? 87062
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:45 pm

That sounds like one heckuva nursing home! We'll have to start a new forum called "rascal600.com". We can argue about the pros and cons of the rascal versus other power chairs. I do have one advantage over most of you. Having worked on highly modified slot cars, I am very good with electrical motors. With a little dewinding, balancing, and a few other secret tricks.... all ya'll will be eatin' my diapers. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_lol Ol' nurse Cratchit will have to take a 15 minute break to rest from trying to catch my electrical pocket rocket!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:12 am

I have the best of both worlds, an automatic Silverwing and a shifter Goldwing 1800. They both have their uses. Nothing beats the SW in town and on errands, and nothing beats a Goldwing on long trips.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 am

Hi Ron. Thanks for the good memories. I know they didnt have CVT's or clutches or gearboxes, but my hours of slot car building and racing in the 60's was a lot of fun. Brass tube frames hand built and soldered, rewinds, Cox, Mabuchi, MRC controlers, spongies and silicone tires....my last purchase was a LaCucharacha with an all aluminum iso fulcrum chasis....raced on an 8 lane, hand routed track. Track time......50 cents per hour. Those were good times.
If I'm lined up next to you at Mt Mercys home for retired wheel sport addicts.......and the flag drops.....I might just pretend that I stalled er.......and try to get some sympathy from The flag girl........Jeff. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_rolleyes Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 am

I probably would have bought a "ShifterWing" if such a thing had been available. I was looking for something that was
1) fuel injected,
2) comfortable for my wife,
3) had enough power for light 2-up touring,
4) had (or could be made to have) good storage space,
and 5) could be bought used for <$3500 (in decent condition).
The Silverwing was about the only bike that satisfied all these requirements. I miss shifting sometimes, but it was by no means a deal breaker (and there are days when I'm glad I don't have to worry about shifting).
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 am

edbancro wrote:
I probably would have bought a "ShifterWing" if such a thing had been available. I was looking for something that was
1) fuel injected,
2) comfortable for my wife,
3) had enough power for light 2-up touring,
4) had (or could be made to have) good storage space,
and 5) could be bought used for <$3500 (in decent condition).
The Silverwing was about the only bike that satisfied all these requirements. I miss shifting sometimes, but it was by no means a deal breaker (and there are days when I'm glad I don't have to worry about shifting).

I'll put my 2 cents in and vote for the PC 800

http://www.directcon.net/lcshepp/PC800BuySell.html

The one requirement missing from Pacific Coast would be the FI

If i could sweet talk my honey in to one more toy I'll be gaining a stable mate for the other four bikes.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Jeff,

I know I'm only 51 now but just where is this nursing home. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_lol I would like a re-designed SWing with 17" wheels, 5 gal tank, and maybe a 750 cc engine. That is about all I would really want but I'm very satisfied with the SWing I have. I rode m/c's for years and I don't miss shifting at all. The only m/c that gets my interest up is the Honda NT700V. But that is the only one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:24 pm

trouble1100 wrote:
I'll put my 2 cents in and vote for the PC 800

I was considering the Pacific Coast at one point, but the at the time I was looking there weren't any available for sale within a reasonable driving distance (supply seems to come and go). It also seems likes it's gotten to the point where they've taken on such a cult following that they're commanding a price premium - probably well deserved, but I wasn't willing to pay extra to find out since FI was one of my top requirements.

I also briefly considering getting a VFR 800 / Interceptor, but storage and passenger comfort would have been issues. I could have added luggage, but I think my wife is too tall to be comfortable on one. And I probably would have gotten a few speeding tickets, too Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Why JeffR..........Mt Mercy's Home for Clinical June Bug Dodgers, is Huntington Lake. Home of the finest fishing, sailing, and barbecue served up by your hosts......wait for it......Dennis and ShaniaB Twain. Live band on Saturday nights. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? 376570 Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Dang-it Jeff, I wanted to keep all that a secret! O'well the cat's out of the bag now. Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? Icon_cat And one more thing Nurse Cratchit will be there!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??   Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you buy/ride a "ShifterWing"??
Page 1 of 1