Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

45 seconds of Thailand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

45 seconds of Thailand Empty
PostSubject: 45 seconds of Thailand   45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 pm

A wonderful wonderful country. I was there doing some filming last Nov and will be back again in less than two weeks. It's a shame they had the riots a few months back since it gives Westerners the wrong idea about the place. If you spend some time with Thai people (tuktuk drivers and tourist touts definitely don't count) you'll fall in love with them.

Anyway here's just one short video I made as part of a series for a Missionary organisation.

http://vimeo.com/13490514

Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 45 seconds of Thailand   45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Keep up the good work, looks good and I imagine most folk if they could just give it a chance would enjoy it. Being able too travel and work like that is a dream, a mixture of vacation and job.
Craig
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: 45 seconds of Thailand   45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 pm

yeah, true, I love my job, but it throws up all sorts of challenges since I'm basically a one man band mostly organising and producing videos from the other side of the world. It can give you grey hair real fast! However quite often I've seen miracles happen, although some might call them coincidences. Last November I was supposed to shot one crucial interview for a video I was producing out in Thialand. Two days before the shoot the interviewee decided they didn't want to do it any more. A few prayers went up that day... most asking for the gift of forgiving others!!!

As a consequence that whole video went on the rocks (so I thought) and I decided to head over to another province in Thailand and spend two days covering a story I hadn't planned for (normally there are months of pre-planning) but had heard about. When you're making videos two days is not a lot of time. But those two days were amazing, so many things came together one after another. I truly couldn't have planned it better myself, in fact I wouldn't have taken the risk of scheduling so many things each day! For example at one point I asked the driver to stop at the side of the road to allow me to shoot something. But then I noticed something else worth recording 90 degrees round, oh and then something else another 180 around. That same day I shot two interviews in about one hour, something I've never achieved before then (I like to take my time).

Anyway I finished editing that video a few weeks back and it told the story of 60 years worth of missionaries working in Singburi (the Buddhist heartland). During all that time they saw virtually no converts but then about two years ago all of a sudden a load people come to faith and several churches sprung up. In the missionary world it's what you might term a 'breakthrough'.

Anyway the other video that I thought was on the rocks, I had another look at it when I got home and found a completely new angle for it that worked just as well with some extra footage I'd picked up along the way.

So all I can say is things don't always go plan... but then I guess it depends on whose plan I'm following ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 seconds of Thailand   45 seconds of Thailand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 seconds of Thailand
Page 1 of 1