Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Some of us Read the ADS...

Go down 
+2
JeffR
Opalsboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Some of us Read the ADS... Empty
PostSubject: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Not that I am excited or anything... but I called Trinity Trike again today just to touch base with them about some details of the trike kit. Talking to Bob, he told me that he had looked on this site last week and noticed my mention of their company in my signature. He thanked me for it and said that they had a big spike this past weekend on their site. Go figure. The hits doubled to almost 200 for Saturday. I told him that about 30 of them was me. He laughed and told me that the software he has reports unique IP addresses. That indicated to me that there are quite a few of us that are interested in looking at items that pertain to our Silverwings. I know I sure do. Don't always buy them, but I sure do like to look. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that we don't mind ads as long as they are not the banners trying to hook us up with dating companies or weight loss programs or the likes.
Dennis, you keep pushing your great products. Bill, Jeffr, Dale, Dan and all the rest of you that try new products and report here to the group, yall are doing a service to the rest of us that follow the suggestions that we are interested in. Saves me a lot of Googling.
BTW... I am getting no compensation from Trinity for any promotion. I just want to pass the word for anyone looking for a great way to extend your riding enjoyment in the future.
I can't wait to do this deed with THE Dennis.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Gary wrote:

"BTW... I am getting no compensation from Trinity for any promotion. I just want to pass the word for anyone looking for a great way to extend your riding enjoyment in the future.
I can't wait to do this deed with THE Dennis."

Gary,

Then how do you explain the big bags of $100 bills on your front porch??? I used google maps and saw them dump huge sacks of money on your porch just now. Keep us informed on what you plan to do and when. I did look at the site and I have to say I like that trike alot. I'm only 51 now, but when I'm really old...like 55... I think I will be getting one for sure. Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_twisted

It looks really cool though and I bet it would ride nice too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Those bags were placed there BEFORE I said anything. Since then, not one penny. Nor will I accept if offered. BUT, wave some Zucchini bread in my face and I will say anything. Even that I forgive King John..... NAH
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:29 pm

JeffR wrote:
Then how do you explain the big bags of $100 bills on your front porch???

Gary,

What is my percentage of the big bags of $100 bills on your front porch for referring you to Trinity Trike in the first place Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_razz

I always liked their logo
Some of us Read the ADS... Logo

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resized picture)
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Gary,
About the "worlds first true triked Silverwing" -- look here:

http://www.3wheelers.com/projgal47.html

I'm glad that you are excited. I'm also glad that I didn't wait, I really enjoy the Danson and I disagree with Bill about the Logo. Some of us Read the ADS... 922695
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:52 pm

I wonder how many belts and clutches he has destroyed moving all that weight?
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Wow.... Jon... with all due respect, I have said I MAY have the first true trike on the earth. After looking at the site you suggested, my claim still stands. When I finish my conversion, I will still have the SILVERWING. Just as you do with your Danson. I am not sure what that guy called his, but I really doubt that he was posting and bragging about his Silverwing Trike. Not a big deal if someone out there supplies new information about a scooter somewhere that has been converted. My feelings are that there is not one, jury is out.
Yep, I am a little excited. I apologize if I get a little giddish about this. I haven't been this excited in 35 years. The day Debbie said yes and changed my life forever.
I had many options to choose from for the front to apply the trike kit to. I chose the Swing because I love it. I expect this vehicle to allow me to ride for the rest of my life. Jon, I know you are excited about your Danson. I am excited for you. They do make a good product. Ride it and enjoy.
As for the Trinity logo... I guess it is just a matter of perspective. I have a little personal connection to it. Kind of a comfort zone. Art is like that. Some folks probably don't care for mesas in the desert with clouds. I like em, but there are some masterpieces that I have to shake my head and wonder what the artist was on when he/she created it.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Gary I think Trinity's logo is fine art and think we both have the same personal connection.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:51 am

Woke up this morning... guess what I thought of early on... no, it wasn't about Obamacare ....

Project plan ...
Pick up my 05 Swing in Texarkana one week from today. I will trailer it back here (my ankle is still mushy).
Remove seat and send it to Russel in California. Will take about 3-4 weeks to get it back.
Kits wheels will be shipped here for tire mounts. Fenders will come to be painted to match scoot.
Rest of kit will be sent to Glenpool for Dennis to become familiar with.
I will install the Russel seat when it gets back.
Kit and seat should all be completed about the same time. When that does happen, I will trailer scoot, fenders and wheels to Glenpool for the magic to be completed. Dennis is gonna have some of his mods ready for adding and in a just a few days I will trailer the new machine back to rison for use .
I hope to put together a little two or three day trip just to test it out. If any of you have a couch or porch swing to rent for a night let me know and I might come let you see what all the excitement is about. There should be plenty of pictures taken during assemble and soon to be of the scoot on mountain overlooks, gulf beaches, Arizona desert mesas with clouds and who knows what.
sunny
For another positive ray of sunshine in the life of Gary... some of you remember the little wifey episode I experienced right after my accident. At that time, I really wasn't sure I would ever be allowed to ride again. Well, the tide has turned. She is really getting into this trike thing too. I get a thrill out of her sitting here picking out features and talking about seats (she is why I am going to spend nearly $1,000 on a seat! what am I thinking). I am going to do all I can to make my scoot safe, comfortable and something to be proud of. I already am proud of my wife. So I will do some extra stuff to make her safe and comfortable. Wouldn't be any fun at all without her on my back telling me to slow down. Enough for today. pirat
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Project plan ...

Always good to plan.

Opalsboy wrote:
Remove seat and send it to Russel in California. Will take about 3-4 weeks to get it back.

I would be interested in the details of shipping it.

Opalsboy wrote:
I will trailer the new machine back to rison for use .

What will the width of the Trinity Trike including tires and fenders??

Will the Trinity Trike still fit on your trailer.

Will you be using the handrails or the someplace on the Trinity Trike to fasten??

Opalsboy wrote:
I hope to put together a little two or three day trip just to test it out. If any of you have a couch or porch swing to rent for a night let me know and I might come let you see what all the excitement is about.

Texas Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:44 am

Gay,

Word of caution -- spend the first dozen hours or so on the nearest large parking lot caused by a new Wally World learning how the DRIVE the trike.

The little paper published by Bob Witte is absolute in its advice.

I'm sorry I raised your hackles a bit when I doubted your claim of the "world's first ...." It was done mostly in jest. Also, almost NOTHING remains to be done as a "world's first" anything. My guess is that there are a bunch of custom Silverwing trikes (real ones) in Japan or other Asiatic locations. Probably even some that have been converted to delivery trucks or some such. Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 am

GaryL wrote:
I wonder how many belts and clutches he has destroyed moving all that weight?

That one probably added 300 lbs, the Danson adds 250, I'm not sure of the Trinity, about the same I'd guess.

To answer your question -- probably no more than I (or you for that matter) will in the same period of time.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:21 am

Bill, I don't have ALL the shipping details down. I will give you the details when I get them nailed down.

Bob told me the trike is 5' wide. Not sure that is exact. It will fit my trailer.

Tie down tbd @ site. The will be all kinds of new potential places for tieing.

Jon... I really thought there was some humor in your post. I know I am not competing with a Silvervette. Or, dump truck.
I am expecting a learning curve, but I won't have to go to a parking lot. Rison is a big lot.
Just saw that your pic is on forum now. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 am

Gary,

We are in the same boat. You still have the MAJOR FUN (and, I'm sure, frustrations) of building the trike. I truly envy both you and Dennis for being Bob's initial guinea pigs. I hope the result is a fun to ride trike as well as a very well written and photographed install manual.

The single hardest part (for me) of riding the thing is tight figure 8's. That's where the paved empty parking lot is a good thing.

As I remember, the box to ship the seat to Russell is about 44 x 20 x 12 or so. FedEx called it Very Large. It cost me about $25 or so. I had a bunch of old boxes around to cutup and tape together to make the shipping box. I also had a lot of leftover bubble wrap from the foundry to use for padding.

Every time I sit on the seat it gets a little more comfortable -- I've lost about 25 lbs since I got it, so the break-in is still happening.

Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks for the shipping tips....
AND now..... the seat is comfortable AND a weight loss machine. My wife ran across the room and took the phone away from me when I read that part to her. She may drive to Russell and plck up the seat now.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:35 pm

It is not the seat's fault.

Along with a recent case of gout, I've almost totally quit alcoholic beverages as well as any thing like good food. I'm afraid that is the cause of the weight loss. Some of us Read the ADS... Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey Jon! Your SWing looks good, I hope you like the trike addition. The finishing detail looks pretty complete, nice job.

Ride safe

Wes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of us Read the ADS...   Some of us Read the ADS... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of us Read the ADS...
Page 1 of 1