Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Introduction Jules Abramson

Go down 
+6
MikeO
DennisB
dspevack
honda_silver
Opalsboy
trooth2u
10 posters
AuthorMessage
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Introduction Jules Abramson Empty
PostSubject: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm

[img]Introduction Jules Abramson Gisfor12[/img]Hi, I just joined...I am a 63 year old part-time dentist living near Warrenton, VA. I am on my 3rd SW of 3 since 2004 and have a total of 127,000 miles on all 3... 66,000 on this one, a 2006 ABS. Being single, I ride most of the time, including all weather if there is traction. I use Gerbings heated clothing/gloves in the cold and wear Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh in the heat. The new Givi Airflow windshield I bought is nice...I like that it goes lower than the stock shield for slower riding and provides a nice breeze to the face. I've had it up to 70 and saw no flexing..it's pretty thick. Also like the now-plugged rear Sumitomo car tire. I've been on the Yahoo Silver wing group since 2004. Introduction Jules Abramson 744535
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Welcome Jules. You are going to be right at home here. Post any time you want to add something to any discussion.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 pm

trooth2u wrote:
Hi, I just joined...

Welcome to the friendliest SWing forum.

trooth2u wrote:
I am on my 3rd SW of 3 since 2004 and have a total of 127,000 miles on all 3... 66,000 on this one, a 2006 ABS.

I am curious why 3 SWings.

That is good amount of miles ... how much does winter effect your driving??

trooth2u wrote:
Also like the now-plugged rear Sumitomo car tire.

Another darksider Introduction Jules Abramson Icon_cool

How did you plug the tire .. internal or external plug??

trooth2u wrote:
I've been on the Yahoo Silver wing group since 2004.

I am "honda_silver_wing" on the Yahoo forum since honda_silver was not available.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood.
Have a look around.
On this forum we are a friendly bunch and will answer any questions you may have.
Although with 3 bikes and 127k miles under your belt you probably know as much or more than we do.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Doc,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join in. Great looking scooter.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Hello and welcome from me, too! Introduction Jules Abramson Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Welcome aboard.Ride often and safe.
Craig
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Jules,

Welcome to the forum. You are quite a ways up there in the Old Dominion State. Not too far from Front Royal? I ride into Southwest VA quite frequently as I am in the Tri Cities area of Northeast, TN. I've been as far north as Skyline Drive/Luray, VA. Beautiful Country up there! Good to have you on board! Ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Beautiful bike. I love the blue.
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:22 pm

"I am curious why 3 SWings."
Totaled first 2: hit wet painted line on a curve, rear-ended by car.

"That is good amount of miles ... how much does winter effect your driving??"
It's seldom a problem with the heated gear and often I can dial in a more comfortable temperature than in hot summer.

trooth2u wrote:
Also like the now-plugged rear Sumitomo car tire.

Another darksider Introduction Jules Abramson Icon_cool

"How did you plug the tire .. internal or external plug??"
It was plugged externally while still on the rim...I had to rasp it alot since it's steel belted to avoid allowing the steel fibers to cut the gummy worm. It's been perfect for several thousand miles since.

trooth2u wrote:
I've been on the Yahoo Silver wing group since 2004.

I am "honda_silver_wing" on the Yahoo forum since honda_silver was not available.[/quote]
Awesome, and thanks so much to you all for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 pm

ronjr009 wrote:
Hi Jules,

Welcome to the forum. You are quite a ways up there in the Old Dominion State. Not too far from Front Royal? I ride into Southwest VA quite frequently as I am in the Tri Cities area of Northeast, TN. I've been as far north as Skyline Drive/Luray, VA. Beautiful Country up there! Good to have you on board! Ride safe.

Thanks, not far from Front Royal is correct, perhaps 35 miles or so. I've passed by your area about 80 times going to AR via I-81 and I-40. But now I drive it in a car.
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm

DuggleBogey wrote:
Beautiful bike. I love the blue.
Thanks! If you ever see the Julia Roberts movie, Duplicity, the same color SW appears in a scene in Italy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:32 pm

I grew up in Manassas btw. It was very different when my family moved there in 1972.
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 pm

DuggleBogey wrote:
I grew up in Manassas btw. It was very different when my family moved there in 1972.

Yeah, I know what you mean...I was born in Alexandria in 1946 when the population was about 30,000, no beltway, no Wilson Bridge, I-66, etc. The Zoo and Smithsonian were much more interesting, most homes had Christmas lights......
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 pm

trooth2u wrote:
It was plugged externally while still on the rim...I had to rasp it alot since it's steel belted to avoid allowing the steel fibers to cut the gummy worm.

I switched to Nealey Tire Kit ( http://www.tirerepairkit.com/default.htm ) due steel belts in the darkside tire.

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am

Jules,

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 am

Thanks, how do I get my mug shot on the author field like many have?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 am

Jules there is a FAQ section called "Tips on Using This Site". I don't know if that specific topic has been addressed, but you could check there.

If you select on Profile in the main menu bar it will take you to a page that displays a second menu. The fifth choice in that second menu is "Avatar". Selecting that menu item will take you to a page that will allow you to upload an avatar. Width should not exceed 150 px and height should not exceed 200 px. Image can not be larger than 64 kb.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 am

I searched on "Avatar" and this thread will provide an expanded version of the above: https://www.silverwing600.com/tips-on-using-this-site-f8/placing-an-avatar-in-your-profile-t30.htm?highlight=avatar
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 pm

[quote="jdeereanton"]Jules there is a FAQ section called "Tips on Using This Site". I don't know if that specific topic has been addressed, but you could check there.

Thanks, got it.
Jules
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Indeed Jules, I see that you did get it.. Happy to help when I can.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 pm

If this posts shows up somewhat twice please excuse my ignorance with this computer technical stuff as I was writing the origonal and it dissapeared into the great dark hole somewher. Anyway.....
Welcome to the forum Jules.
I lived in Warrenton all of 1966 thru July of 1968. I was stationed at Vint Hill Farms and was discharged June of 1967. Helped Joe Hollidge when he started Hollidge Sport and Cycle (Now Blalock Cycles) and was the first motorcycle mechanic in that building. We sold BSA and then Kawasaki. While in Warrenton I rode a 66 Superhawk and a 441 BSA after going to work for Joe.
My daughter was born at the hospital on the hill.
I really liked Warrenton then and still do except for the traffic now. Its such an easy ride up 211 to Skyline Drive and the mountains beyound.
I still stop at the old dinner when passing thru. It sure brings back memories.
Take care and I'm sure you will enjoy this site. Dick
Back to top Go down
trooth2u
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trooth2u

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 pm

dickie wrote:

I lived in Warrenton all of 1966 thru July of 1968. I was stationed at Vint Hill Farms and was discharged June of 1967. Helped Joe Hollidge when he started Hollidge Sport and Cycle (Now Blalock Cycles) and was the first motorcycle mechanic in that building.
Take care and I'm sure you will enjoy this site. Dick

Thanks, I live a mile from Vint Hill and bought 3 SW's from Blalock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Jules Abramson   Introduction Jules Abramson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction Jules Abramson
Page 1 of 1