Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Helloooooo.

Go down 
+5
eddy
madcatta
MikeO
DennisB
dididowell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dididowell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Everyone,
Another new member to your club. I currently ride a Piaggio X9 250evo which has given me much pleasure and trouble free riding.
However I am now considering getting a Silverwing or a Burger, Any advise to make up my mind would be very much appreciated
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:29 am

Hi dididowell,

Welcome to the forum. Happy you decided to join in. As fare as what scooter is next....Well, They are both great scooters...But, I always look down the road, I mean the cost of maintenance over time and the ease of getting things done. If you go by that alone then it is clear....Silverwing, hands down.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:33 am

Hello, Brian!
'Tis good to see you here. Helloooooo. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 am

dididowell wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Another new member to your club. I currently ride a Piaggio X9 250evo which has given me much pleasure and trouble free riding.
However I am now considering getting a Silverwing or a Burger, Any advise to make up my mind would be very much appreciated

Gidday

I had a Piaggio Beverley 250 which uses the same engine as the X9 (I think?) before upgrading to the Swing - can't comment on the Burger but I do like my Swing - I feel much safer on the bigger scoot with more; power, stability, storage, and braking performance than the Bev

I also find this site very helpful for all sorts of information on the Swing with many of the contributors obviously long term owners of all sorts bikes and scoots with extensive experience and knowledge - they're a clever and friendly crew!

Good luck with your decision making I'm looking forward to some serious touring over the next 12 months on my Silverwing

Regards
Scottie

Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:00 am

The choice was also for me hard.I think the Burgmans are great scooters.The BM 400 > 2007 are hard to find here at a reas. price.I was afraid for the complexity of the BM650.Because i want to do the maintenance and fixing myself.
So i choosed for the SiWi 600.
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
dididowell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks for the warm welcome eveyone, especially my old X9 owning pal MikeO
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 am

There are far more aftermarket customs for the Silverwing than the Burgman.
Back to top Go down

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm a Silver Wing owner so of course I'm biased, but I just bought mine recently so I basically had the same decision to make as you.

What made the decision for me was the Honda engine. I ended up buying a 2002 because I got a steal on it, but I'm not worried about it because at 4900 miles it's practically new, even though it's 8.5 years old.

I wanted something that will just run, and I think that's the Honda.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 am

Brian,

Welcome to the forum. My wife and I are SilverWing owners so are biased in favour of the SilverWing. I never even considered the Burgman - can't really give any negative reasons not to buy. I am full of positive reasons for the SilverWing not the least of which is the old ad campaign - "You Meet The Nicest People on a Honda."
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

dididowell:
Before I bought my SWing, I was convinced that I wanted to buy a Burgman. Then I sat on one and to me it felt "fat" and cumbersome. I ended up buying the Swing and I have never regretted my choice. Hondas are knows for their reliability and quality and both of those characteristics are apparent in the Swing. I would suggest that you sit on both and make sure that they feel right to you. I think DennisB is correct about the cost of maintenance, and someone else mentioned the abundance of aftermarket parts available to modify the Swing. These are also important considerations.
Back to top Go down

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Y'know, when I saw the "car mirrors" on the 650 Executive, I laughed and asked if they were taken from a Toyota Corolla. For some reason they are a huge turn-off for me.
Back to top Go down
dididowell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Thank you all for your words of wisdom, but solely due to the fact that there were no second hand Silverwings on the market (which speaks volumes for "the Wing"). The choice was made for me and I have bought a nice used Burgman.
I suppose I have now made myself "persona non grata" on your site. There were many things about The Wing which I really liked, but if there are non on sale I can't buy one can I?
Enjoy your rides and hopefully we may meet on our travels in the future.
Regards, didi
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 pm

didi... don't leave man. EVEREONE IS WELCOME HERE...
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Brian, I'll give you a slap in September! Helloooooo. Icon_razz

Good luck with the Burger, though, especially on your trip to collect it.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Mike, inform Brian that he is welcome to visit us anytime... I know I am not the only one that would enjoy hearing some comparisons of his Burgman to our Swing... I was looking forward to learning from him.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 pm

I will for sure, Gary.

Brian's organised a weekend's riding in Brittany in September for a group from the X9OC, five of whom will be on Burgers (four 650s and one 400) and Darek and me on Silverwings.

Brittany is a beautiful part of the World, whatever the weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helloooooo. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloooooo.   Helloooooo. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: