Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Disappointed in Dyna Beads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads Empty
PostSubject: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Recently I had my local dealer install my new Diablo tires. They were not able to balance the rear wheel because they said the wheel would not fit their balancer. Go figure that one. After I reinstalled the wheel, I noticed a slight vibration, and after reading about the Dyna Beads, I ordered them and installed them according to their directions. Alas, the slight vibration turned into a shimmy and shake above 55 mph with the beads.
Today, I found a cycle shop that was able to do a regular balance job, and had them remove the beads and balance the wheel. Just installed the wheel and took a test ride, and it's smooth as silk. Dyna Beads may work for some people some of the time, but as for me, they suck big time. BTW, the cycle shop only charged me $25 to dismount, remove the beads, remount, and balance.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:52 am

Wendell,

I'm surprised there were no "Dyna Deads" defenders.

Glad you were able to get a satisfactory result. Good price on the install.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks Dale. Yes, I thought I would get some comment on the beads. I know there are people on the forums that swear by them.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:07 pm

I'll bet theres more swearing AT them...LOL
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I just finished installing Dyna Beads in both my tires. Had it up to 90mph. All went well. My experience was certainly nothing like what you express. Wonder what the difference would be???
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 am

Since you don't do own tire work----hope the orginal rear tire bead set right, etc. I am aware most bike shops cannot balance rears and some feel not necessary.

I don't use the beads---do own tire work----have found "Ride-On" works ok and provides also some sealing protection for small tack holes, etc. Expensive @ $15 a bottle and messy to get in.

Tried on both mc and scooter wheels/tires. I buy from local dealer.

I think "Ride-On" has one advantage--it seems to last for life of tire....and tire balance can change with wear---since scooter wheels are pain to take off=good deal. Spin balance may have to be done a couple of times in life of tire.

I do have balance stand if I want to go that way.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 am

Tyre balancing beads are a naturally occuring product that have a minor grinding/polishing process applied to stop them from sticking together. After this process they are then graded to small...under 13" medium up to19" and large for truck tyres. They come from a South East Asian country and grow quite easily on the plahseebow tree.

Frankly I would rather buy a better tire with the money saved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed in Dyna Beads   dyna beads - Disappointed in Dyna Beads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointed in Dyna Beads
Page 1 of 1