Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Yesterday at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Also installed DennisB's GPS mount

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Also installed DennisB's GPS mount Empty
PostSubject: Also installed DennisB's GPS mount   Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Thank you Dennis,

It took me all of 4 minutes to install.
Fits perfectly!

Now to install the 12 volt power socket in the left fairing pocket.
I have the wiring installed from the battery under the seat coming through the left front fairing hole.

I just cannot figure out how to attach the power socket.
Need to know how to take the left signal light out that you mentioned in a prior post.
Thanks Dennis!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Also installed DennisB's GPS mount Empty
PostSubject: Re: Also installed DennisB's GPS mount   Also installed DennisB's GPS mount I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Tom,

That's just the left hand turn signal light BULB only and this is so you can get your hand squizzed in this area behind the left hand glove box. With my big hand and arm I needed to put a little soap on my arm to get it in this area, but it can be done. You needed to remove the windscreen to get into this area through the access opening above the
head light.

Check this information out: http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=6176;hl=remove%20windscreen

You should have purchased your glove box HONDA power outlet at your local Honda M/C dealership only, like I mentioned to you....the one you needed to buy WAS the one made to be installed into the Goldwing's glove box. Sounds like you went to WalMart and got the wrong one for this installation.

Giving help to somone with emails is a not an easy thing to do. By trade I write and illustrate technical manuals for companies. I do try to help people when they ask about how to do things, but you needed to get the right power outlet for this installation.

It's not to late. You need to go to the HONDA M/C parts counter and get the right part that fit's this glovebox hole. This will work for you.

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down

Also installed DennisB's GPS mount
Page 1 of 1