Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi all,

Been riding and working on (repairing) motorcycles for 50 years now. Owned this 2008 Silverwing for almost 2 years now. This model has been in production for 8 years now.

Reading this forum and the .org sight for some time now.

Has anyone ever heard of any one ever having engine problems with this Honda scooter... I never have.

Valves, Springs, Bearings, Cylinders, Connecting Rods, Bushings, Pistons and Rings.

What a GREAT BIKE! A VERY, VERY TRUSTWORTHY Machine. Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Icon_sunny

It seems, not a day go's by with out talking to someone about what a great scooter it is.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:41 am

Yeah, I'll second the thought - I've been reading the SilverWing threads for some time and do not recall reading anything about an engine failure on any of them - going all teh way back to the Yahoo SilverWing group.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Question for DennisB   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:19 am

Dennis:
I know that this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the thread. I need to clean my air filter and wanted to find the pictorial showing which body panels to remove to get to the air intake box. Can someone post the link.
Thanks in advance.
DaveC
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:17 pm

One of the reasons I chose the Silver Wing.

Never read a bad word about the bike. Yes there were the riders who said buy this and buy that but couldn't quantify there comment with any facts. Buy a Suzuki, (because they had one), buy a TMax, (because they had one.

But on various forum's there were posts about faults and failures. Couldn't find anything adverse about the 'Wing'.

Long may the serviceability continue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

DaveC,

Here is the link for the air filter:

https://www.silverwing600.com/pictorials-how-to-perform-maintenance-f21/air-filter-pictorial-t56.htm

Dennis,

I know what you mean by bullet proof. I was riding through Oakland, Ca. one day when I got caught between 2 rival gangs. They opened fire with many different automatic weapons, shooting my SWing many times, and it came through running as good as ever. Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Jeff,

Shooting a Silverwing Scooter is like shooting a Unicorn...IT JUST SHOULD NOT HAPPEN! EVER!

Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Unicor10
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:35 pm

JeffR:
Thanks for the link. That is just what I was looking for. So, how are you liking your Metzlers? So far I would have to say they are much better than the Hoops I had on before. They feel much stickier in high speed sweepers and roll side to side really well too.
Thanks again for all the advice and information you guys provide about the Swing.
DaveC
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Dave,

I really like my Metzlers. They are equal to the Diablo's in all ways but excel in the cornering. The Metzlers and Diablo's are better than the Hoops, IMO, but I will have to see if they Metzlers last as long.

Dennis,

I agree. You should never shoot a Unicorn !!!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Jeff,

I for one, believe there is still allot of magic in this world. I personaly have never seen a scooter or motorcycle with a heart so strong... Yes...it is magic.

Every time I ride the Silverwing, I get a smile on my face. Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Jeff, are you serious about the gang shooting? If you are, that is incredible. How do you drive defensively for that. Cars pulling out in front of us is one thing, but SHOOTING... that is something else.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Gary,

I was just kidding about the gang shooting. I do have to go to Oakland a lot for my job and there are a couple of areas that you need to go early, since the drug dealers and users don't wake up until about noon. So you go early while they are still sleeping.

BTW Gary... how are you doing now? Hope things are getting better and you get back on the SWing soon. Take care.

Dennis,

I still have that smile too when I ride. This is the first time in my life, and i'm 50 now, and I never think of thinking I need something else or something better. I've had many m/c's and it seemed I was always thinking of the next bike, and I don't think that with this one.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Jeff, give yourself a gotcha on that one. Glad I don't have to worry about you dodging bullets. Here I have to dodge Dodges.
Five weeks from today the cast comes off. That is going to be a long five weeks. Getting a little stir crazy already. I get out a little, but when I do, it takes a pain pill to calm the foot down. Can't learn to use the crutches. And using wheel chair or walker is a lot of work loading and unloading. Friends have been good about coming by to take me out, but sometimes it is more trouble than it is worth. Did I mention that I have five more weeks? Errrrgggghhh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Gary,

Glad you're doing ok and hope that 5 weeks goes quick. When you get it off you will have to tell your wife you need to take a 5 week ride. Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing   Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullet Proof Engine!!!! YEA... a Silverwing
Page 1 of 1