Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Booster Plug ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2023-07-28

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 5:33 pm

I was looking at getting a booster plug for a 03 swing which has NO o2 sensor ,question from reading the post is the booster plug is nothing more then a resistor with a dummy sensor or the thermo sensor is the resistor and what it detects changes the resistance in the circuit Hummmmmmm I may have just answered my own question, well how does it perform on non o2 sensor swings???????????
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 5:55 pm

From what I understand the plug fools the ECU into making the mixture a little richer (may be wrong about this) and  therefore less likely to backfire with a change in exhaust. There was a member here and I bought his Delkevic carbon fiber exhaust and he had the plug- I declined to buy it because I wasn’t certain how to install it or if it would be of any benefit. With mine, it pops just a little on deceleration (and doesn’t bother me at all and the Delkevic sounds really good). I have an 03 as well so yes, there’s no O2 sensor.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 5:43 pm

I don't know on none O/2 bike but it will add about 6% more fuel at all times making a lean engine have more power. Aftermarket air filters, mufflers it will definitely help but will burn a bit more fuel.

I've been using one for years and have zero problems with it. 2013 with a Delkevic 18" Oval steel muffler and stock air filter. Very slight popping on decel. only when almost to a stop never just rolling off the throttle at speed.

More power.
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 3:38 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
I don't know on none O/2 bike but it will add about 6% more fuel at all times making a lean engine have more power.  Aftermarket air filters, mufflers it will definitely help but will burn a bit more fuel.

I've been using one for years and have zero problems with it. 2013 with a Delkevic 18" Oval steel muffler and stock air filter.   Very slight popping on decel. only when almost to a stop never just rolling off the throttle at speed.

More power.
Mech thanks for that info I have these items in the KITTY with the filter being a K&N brand but I saw on a previous Booster Pug post that guy was using a pod type filter so I'm trying to find that info as well
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 4:39 pm

Small update I installed the 18"Delkevic and like most I like the sound, the booster plug made it to the US so that will be next can't find any installs with non o2 sensor models but bit the bullet anyways, I'm going to install a o2 sensor and gauge to spy on what the bike is doing in that configuration Might be over kill but curiosity Won't kill this KAT LOL and like many I really appreciate all the feed back bad or good but as for the gauge I found a used DISPLAY/METER cover for cheap that i can cut a hole in, to mount gauge if it turns out to be an eye sore i will go back to original one Cool

Last edited by ezed1 on Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 5:55 pm

ezed1 wrote:
Small update I installed the 18"Delkevic and like most I like the sound, the booster plug made it to the US so that will be next can't find any installs with non o2 sensor models but bit the bullet anyways, I'm going to install a o2 sensor and gauge to spy on what the bike is doing in that configuration Might be over kill but curiosity Won't kill this KAT LOL and like many I really appreciate all the feed back bad or good but as for the gauge I found a used FRONT COVER METER display cover for cheap that i can cut a hole in, to mount gauge if it turns out to be an eye sore i will go back to original one Cool
Booster plug installed added a connector to the sensor so i can unplug it when removing the filter housing mounted sensor inside intake tube, haven't rode bike much because its a restore project but i can say with the booster plug the take off is MUCH better:)Booster Plug ? Img_3114Booster Plug ? Img_3117
Booster Plug ? Img_3116
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 10:18 pm

Please give further info. on A/F gauge readings interested to see actual readings before and after install.

What kind of gauge is it? Digital that shows actual A/F or just some kind of bar graph type?  Digital much better.  14.7 to one best for less pollution but best power around 12.8 ratio on throttle.
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2023 2:41 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Please give further info. on A/F gauge readings interested to see actual readings before and after install.

What kind of gauge is it? Digital that shows actual A/F or just some kind of bar graph type?  Digital much better.  14.7 to one best for less pollution but best power around 12.8 ratio on throttle.
Yes Its a digital off brand gauge kit, Gauge cables and sensor I installed one on a previous 250cc project it made it a whole lot easier to adjust the carburetor. I went cheaper this time because its only for monitoring
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404643193248?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=plwbklcgqme&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=FbN8yt18RIa&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: 03 Swing std NON o2 sensor   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 9:54 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:

Cold Start stock AFR 14.7>@ Idle
Operating Temperature stock AFR 13.9 to 14.5@Idle
Cold Start Boosterplug AFR 13.5 to 14@Idle
Operating Temperature Boosterplug AFR 12.9 to 13.5@Idle
Light cruse 12.9 to 13.5
so it did richen up the mix these reading are @ IDLE only and one spin around the block
have not done any throttle position runs as of yet
I also decided to balance out the look by putting a volt meter on the other side
to monitor me Battery ,when riding you do have to look over the handle bars to
see the two gauges but for me no big deal
My current set up is
18"Delkevic
K&N dro p in
Booster PlugBooster Plug ? Displa11
Booster Plug ? Displa10Booster Plug ? Displa12
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 11:21 am

That turned out very well. What kind of lights/LEDs are you using making the green back with gauges?
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 12:18 pm

THANKS

Last edited by ezed1 on Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 12:20 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
That turned out very well. What kind of lights/LEDs are you using making the green back with gauges?
THANKS 😊
I found this video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEanWxIfa0k
and I used this LED part number :
846-SMLZ24E2N3TT86CT-ND
From www.digikey.com
they are blue but gives off green appearance ,if you can solder his video makes this mod really simple as to which ones to change and the ones to leave alone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Booster Plug ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Plug ?   Booster Plug ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Booster Plug ?
Page 1 of 1