Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

4 pin connector and ODB2 reading

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clicmaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2023-09-18

4 pin connector and ODB2 reading Empty
PostSubject: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 8:36 am

Hi guys
I've a 2k13 SWT 600 with a 4 pin connector on the side panel.
I'm from France and here we have a supply of "E85" (85% ethanol 15%gasoline). I want to convert my SWT and for that I need to read in real time the ECU LTFT correction.
My question is: did someone here tried to read from this 4 pin connector the sensors? Do we know if the reading is possible ? (ODB standard protocol)
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi clicmaster. I cannot answer your question but putting E85 into an old motorcycle engine doesn't sound like a great idea.

Why not use E5 or E10?
Back to top Go down
clicmaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 2:49 pm

Hi
In France we do that, no big problem if you respect between +15% +25% motor fuel mix and you introduce E85 smoothly at the beginning. Need a E85 kit as well to increase the motor fuel mix.
I have a 2005 French car 100k miles, did the job and it works great!
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 3:18 pm

The SWing does not use an ODB2 connector. There is a diagnostic connector but all that does is switch the FI indicator light into diagnostic mode that blinks out fault codes.
Back to top Go down
clicmaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Thx
There are cable adapter to ODB2, does someone tried it and maybe read something with ODB2 software?
https://kds-online.de/en/obd-adapter-honda-motorcycle-4-pin-to-obd2-k-line.html
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 8:40 pm

Lots of IF's here. If the PCM is programable then it would work. E85 takes almost twice the fuel flow of gas to run properly. Honda uses PGMFI system on SW old type design from the 1980's up to about 1995 on cars at least in US.

Injectors won't flow that much and or fuel pump may need upgrades. Injectors usually can only flow + -
30% even at full duty cycle.  Ethanol has only 60% the BTU's of pure gas add 15% gas it's still needs more flow. Without a true Dyno and exhaust gas measurement it's risky to run an engine very lean burnt valves, fried pistons.

Another thing to consider is the fuel lines and pump most likely not designed for E85 10% yeah but not the stronger brew. Rubber seals and pressure regulator seems to be a problem on some SW's with it failing and dumping lots of fuel .

Back to top Go down
clicmaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 8:30 am

As I told you, my car is from 2005 and no problem. We are a lot to use it in France even in motorcycles. As I explained, E85 is a combined fuel 85% ethanol 15% benzine. We use "ethanol kits" connected on injectors pins which increase the injection time so at the end the E85/air mix to be sure you are in the good range.
But as a starting point I prefer to be able to read the ECU monitoring (LTFT) to see how it works now before modification, that's why I need to know if it's feasible or not Wink
Back to top Go down
Appleman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2020-02-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2023 7:00 am

This may help from the owner manual page. 212 It is list on this site.

Was unable to copy the pages.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cpsqEmvlpa4A4qDPLVGbqlwMfpqnZ0EM
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com/profile?mode=editprofile&page_p
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2023 7:23 pm

clicmaster wrote:
As I told you, my car is from 2005 and no problem. We are a lot to use it in France even in motorcycles. As I explained, E85 is a combined fuel 85% ethanol 15% benzine. We use "ethanol kits" connected on injectors pins which increase the injection time so at the end the E85/air mix to be sure you are in the good range.
But as a starting point I prefer to be able to read the ECU monitoring (LTFT) to see how it works now before modification, that's why I need to know if it's feasible or not Wink

The answer is no PGMFI System doesn't support LTFT readings.

Ethanol kit increasing injector duration if fine but if injector can't flow enough fuel at max. pulse with the fuel type it will have a lean A/F ratio.
E85 has no benefit on this engine nothing to gain in power or HP. Modified engine increased compression ratio, turbo yeah. E85 has about 110 octane and 14-15 to one compression ratio would still make the same power as gas.

E85-E10-E15 around in US. for years but that's the Government pushing it with a bunch of B/S on improved Emissions and such. Ethanol takes just as much energy to produce-refine and ship as gas and delivers less fuel economy. Big scam. I'm still waiting for my SW replacement bike that can ride all day with a 5-minute recharge.
Back to top Go down
clicmaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2023 10:25 am

Ok guys thx for the info. I understand no LTFT info can be read thx
I forgot to explain why I want to do that, it is not for power increase, it is just because here the E85 is 50% cheaper cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin connector and ODB2 reading   4 pin connector and ODB2 reading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 pin connector and ODB2 reading
Page 1 of 1