Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Better search term for this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

Better search term for this? Empty
PostSubject: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 11:39 am

This is a somethingorother holder on a 2004 wing (probably a nav system). I went to the manufacturer to see what they do these days, but zero of the products I found there appeared to mount the way this does. All I seem to see are handlebar mounts. My internal doofus check suggests that I'm not looking something up right.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
Better search term for this? AttachmentIMG_6701.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(132 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:07 pm

If you go with a handlebar mount, you can consider trimming the end of the plastic handlebar cover on whatever side you like, maybe just ~ 1” or so (with a Dremel used carefully), then you can use a handlebar mount any way you see fit. I did that to mine and the handlebar plastic cut is now completely hidden. You can do this with a handlebar GPS mount as well (there is one that uses the same bolts for the left or right switches).
Back to top Go down
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

PostSubject: Re: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:17 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
If you go with a handlebar mount, you can consider trimming the end of the plastic handlebar cover on whatever side you like, maybe just ~ 1” or so (with a Dremel used carefully), then you can use a handlebar mount any way you see fit. I did that to mine and the handlebar plastic cut is now completely hidden. You can do this with a handlebar GPS mount as well (there is one that uses the same bolts for the left or right switches).

Noted. But what do we call the mount that screws right into the whateveritis it's screwed into? Either Ram doesn't make that mount any more, or it's called something I'm not able to find....
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:36 pm

I was looking for something similar months ago (unsuccessfully)- if you trim the plastics of the lateral handlebar cover, you have a lot of options including a Tackform mount (anti-vibration mount for a phone as apparently too much vibration of a phone may affect the camera of the phone) or a GPS mount (I ultimately chose a phone mount, otherwise it would have required wiring the mount for GPS)- not a dealbreaker, just that I don’t use the GPS too much (I have the other bikes wired for the GPS mount).

In the center of the cover in your pic, I keep my TPMS monitor there:

Here’s my dash setup:

Better search term for this? Img_3210

On the right (magnetic mount) is my GPS speedometer (battery powered), on the left is the phone mount (under which I trimmed the plastics) and in the center is my battery powered TPMS. The phone mount I got second hand- it was an Amazon anti-vibration mount (a cheapie) but it works in a pinch if I need my phone as a GPS. I might swap it for a Tackform mount (they’re better but a little pricey). For now, this setup works fine for me. The cord on the right is for my airbag vest (pull cord in the event I separate from the bike).
Back to top Go down
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

PostSubject: Re: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:46 pm

Yes, it is clear I could adapt a handlebar mount to work on my new to me S'wing. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better search term for this?   Better search term for this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better search term for this?
Page 1 of 1