Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A Empty
PostSubject: Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A   Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 7:12 am

Hello everyone!

New to me (third owner, per the legend told me by the seller), 14k miles (ain't nuthin', apparently), Silverwing hit my garage yesterday. Headed to the DMV today. Rain forecast for the next many days here in the northeast, darn it.

Former Airhead (I forget my ABC number), drove a Honda CB900C (a weird little Honda with hi/lo drive & therefore 10 gears) around the country, then a much worse example to Milwaukee and back (nostalgia purchase, big mistake), and in the depths of time a Yamaha Special 650, and a few other bikes over the years. Even more than a decade ago I found the Beemer too tall and heavy, so I sold it--but got the bug bad this year and when researching Silverwings (a light touring bike) I discovered...Silverwings? And here we are today.

I'll be posting various mysteries as one finds with a new bike in the appropriate forums.

I notice "Preview" does not actually show the photo I've uploaded, crossing fingers there....
Attachments
Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A AttachmentIMG_6692.jpeg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(69 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A   Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 10:57 am

Nice SWing- lots of great information on this site in terms of maintenance. Unless you have good service records, you’re at 14K miles so the drive belt will need replacement soon (this is an easy job with the proper tools) and when I got mine, I changed all the fluids (oil, coolant, final drive oil, brake fluid) and swapped the 2 plugs for iridium type (copper is fine though). A service manual is a must as it has all the torque specs you need. This is actually quite an easy bike to work on (oil change is a bit messy, final drive is easy, coolant is a breeze to change). When my rear tire got another puncture recently, I thought taking the rear wheel off was a bear, but when I actually did it, it’s quite easy- even changed the tire myself (that was a bear).

Also, check your clutch pads in the back and grease up your rear bearings with the thick red grease as some here have noted that the grease was inadequate when the bikes were built. This job will take maybe 30 minutes (and torque wrenches are a must). An impact gun to break the bolts/ nuts free helps as well.

Use the search function here as it’s quite good.
Back to top Go down
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A   Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 11:28 am

Erdoc48 wrote:
Nice SWing- lots of great information on this site in terms of maintenance. Unless you have good service records, you’re at 14K miles so the drive belt will need replacement soon (this is an easy job with the proper tools) and when I got mine, I changed all the fluids (oil, coolant, final drive oil, brake fluid) and swapped the 2 plugs for iridium type (copper is fine though). A service manual is a must as it has all the torque specs you need. This is actually quite an easy bike to work on (oil change is a bit messy, final drive is easy, coolant is a breeze to change). When my rear tire got another puncture recently, I thought taking the rear wheel off was a bear, but when I actually did it, it’s quite easy- even changed the tire myself (that was a bear).

Also, check your clutch pads in the back and grease up your rear bearings with the thick red grease as some here have noted that the grease was inadequate when the bikes were built. This job will take maybe 30 minutes (and torque wrenches are a must). An impact gun to break the bolts/ nuts free helps as well.

Use the search function here as it’s quite good.

thanks for the tips! I'm not very wrenchy--have done enough to know I'm not very wrenchy Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A   Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple 2004 S'wing FSC600A
Page 1 of 1