Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:19 pm

» New to Me Swing
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 3:47 am

» I said Farewell...
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 10:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! Empty
PostSubject: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi,

Well I finally had the Metzlers installed yesterday and rode home on the interstate. They seem really smooth and I'm sure they will work out good. Although, all new tires are better than old tires with 10,000 miles. I avg'd about 10,000 miles on the Hoops and the 2 sets of Diablo's so I will see how many miles I get on these.

When I was riding hope, which was only about 20 miles, I purposefully rode over manhole covers, bumps, and those little round dics that seperate the lanes, and it was very smooth. I do recall the Diablo's, when new, being the same way. I had the front wheel bearings replaced and was supposed to have the rear replaced, but they didn't order the right seal. So I will take it back in a few weeks.

I will give another review in about 1,000 miles or so. I know I only put about 20 miles on it coming home but they do feel like the Diablo's. I have a long group ride this coming Saturday so I will find out then how I like them in the curves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 am

Hi,

I'm going to Reply to my own post since I have 550 miles on these tires already. I have ridden to work about 4 times (200 miles) and went on a 330 mile ride yesterday around Napa Valley, California. I have to say that these Metzlers are really impressing me. It seems like they handle a bit smoother than the Diablos but don't seem as sticky. They also corner very well and I can barely feel any imperfections in the road.

I'm not saying they are better than the Diablo's, or not as good either, but are a very nice tire. I know I only have about 550 miles on them now and if they last 10,000 miles like the Hoops and Diablo's, then I will consider these just as good as the Diablo's. Like I said, the Diablo's feel a bit stickier in the turns, but these Metzlers feel a bit smoother, but again it is early. So if anyone is considering new tires you should think about these. But I'm not sure if anyone has had these long enough to see how many miles they last. I believe they are fairly new to the states.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 am

Hey Jeff. Is answering your own post the same as talking to yourself. I'm glad to hear your opinons on all the gear you install. You seem to give an honest assessment and that can only help everyone. Thank you. Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks for the info Jeff, I will be installing new rubber sometime this summer and will decide on which tire then. I have 7100+ miles on these hoops. Hope to see 10,000 prior to changing. Patty and I pretty much max out the weight limit and most of our riding is two up. This I'm sure will be a limiting factor on tire mileage. Dick
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

JeffR:
I also recently installed a set of Metzlers on my Swing and so far I like what I feel. I only have about 150 miles on them so far, but my first impression is that I like them better than the Hoops that were on it before. They seem slightly firmer and seem to track better through the sweepers. I haven't really pressed them in the curves yet, partly because I am still scrubbing them off and partly because we still have the occasional random patch of sand on the road from winter and I really don't want to find one while I am pressing hard into a corner. We will see how they hold up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!   Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had the Metzler's installed yesterday !!
Page 1 of 1