Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» noise under load
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:48 pm

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wow, what a Bike!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2022-09-07

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 5:28 am

Greetings to all,

I'm excited to be here and learning much there is to learn about this great motorcycle...I was fortunate enough to find a 2012 Silverwing (Black) with just 330 miles, immaculate condition, owned by a mechanic, who is meticulous by nature...please don't be mad at me 🙂...

As a previous owner of a 2014 Yamaha FJR1300 (fastest color Red) and a member of the Iron Butt Association,  I do have about 40 years of riding experience (I did reveal my older age). I've owned a Goldwing, a Yamaha Roadstar, a Honda CB750 Nighthawk,  a Kawasaki KLR650, a Honda CBR250R, a Yamaha Vstar650, just a to name a few...

About a year and a half ago, I had a Total Knee Replacement that altered my riding capabilities, which had me searching for a Bike that would accommodate my older Body...and as fate would have it, along came the Silverwing...

I can't believe how much fun this bike is! As a Gear Head, I was adamant that a Bike had to have gears and a clutch...geez, I was so wrong! The power of this twist & Go ride really surprised me, along with the comfort of the feet forward position have my knees riding in Heavenly comfort...

I know for a fact that the Silverwing is  capable of an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours or less). It would only require more frequent fuel stops. If someone can recommend a mechanical Cruise Control, I'd appreciate it.

As I said, I'm glad to be here. I wouldn't trade the Silverwing for any of the Bikes I've owned and that is truly saying something!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:11 am

Welcome! I too found the Silver Wing after a career of many motorcycles! I love it. I use mine for touring, running around and I ride with a bunch of Harley riders. Once they found I could keep up, no problems.

As to a manual cruise control, I use a Crampbuster, not great but I do not plan on an Iron butt. 400 miles is pushing it for me. My only complaint is I would love an electronic cruise ala the Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:30 am

Thanks for the reply. I did some searching on Amazon, and came across several "Throttle Locks." ATLAS Throttle Lock - A Motorcycle Cruise Control Throttle Assist, BOTTOM KIT, pricey at $145.00, but with Arthritis in my right thumb (which becomes pins and needles after holding Throttle for just 20 miles), it may be a good investment. I do have a cramp buster, but still doesn't solve this hand pain. My Yamaha had electronic cruise control, and that's what I miss the most over the Silverwing. Geez, I drive around smiling and laughing on this thing, probably look like a Dork, Lol!
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 9:19 am

Great intro and welcome aboard the board Swingbatter.  You might want to get acquainted with the "Search" function as the topic of "cruise control" has come up many times. 

Also, you may want to check out MC Rider on YouTube.  He has a video on the "pins and needles" and the root cause of these sensations may not be what you think. 

P.S. - nobody will be mad at you ... just happy for you and perhaps a teensy wee bit envious is all.
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 3:17 pm

I have seen many of MC Riders Videos, very informative (Kevin). Arthritis in the knuckle in the base of my right thumb (30+ years in the Trades) but it won't slow me down. I appreciate the reply, have a great day!
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2022-04-17

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 3:25 pm

I have the aluminum adjustable Go Cruise on mine. It functions well as a throttle lock. I tried their cheaper plastic version first but it didn’t seem to hold the speed very long.
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Thank you, I'll check it out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wow, what a Bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a Bike!   Wow, what a Bike! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow, what a Bike!
Page 1 of 1