Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 8:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 5:42 am

» checking the oil
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

first vehicle accident on two wheels.

Go down 
+2
MUCHoldERwingguy
AldusFran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

first vehicle accident on two wheels. Empty
PostSubject: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Monday was riding along a city street when a driver in opposite turned left in front of me without yielding . I ended up broadsiding the vehicle at about 35mph,because I only had a bout ten feet notice. I ended up going over the vehicle's trunk after impact. Thank god I had on a heavy leather jacket,full face helmet and jeans. The helmet kept my face from contacting pavement and jeans along with jacket prevented serious  road rash .I have a few scrapes and bruises but overall OK. Now I have to fight driver's insurance company to pay for damages. Since Arizona is not a no-fault state I have to do the work. Sure sucks.
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Your accident had the same set up as mine back in 1973, as bad as it was for you, I wasn't that lucky 6 broken ribs 1 punctured lung, 1 compound fractured rh pinky finger and a broken wrist. I was glorious array of colors from the bruising. I was going about 45 / 50 and went over the top of a Chevy Vega.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Glad to hear you're ok despite the scrapes and bruises. It's the worst scenario having a vehicle facing you as you approach. Even if the driver is looking straight at you, you still wonder, 'is he gonna make his move' ??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 3:03 am

Good to hear you've survived that without major injury, and that is always the main thing.
For us over the pond can you explain what a "no fault" state is?
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 9:48 am

steve_h80 wrote:
Good to hear you've survived that without major injury, and that is always the main thing.
For us over the pond can you explain what a "no fault" state is?

The definition of no-fault varies from state to state that chooses to be a no-fault car insurance state. The term "no fault" refers to the fact that you do not need to prove who was at fault in order to receive compensation from your insurance company.

This means that someone else's negligence won't prevent you from getting help with medical bills or damages to your car if the other driver is responsible for a crash. Let's know which are the no fault auto insurance states and which states use the tort system.

Key Highlights
There are different versions of car insurance, and the state you live in will determine which type you have.
A no fault insurance system means that when you have an accident, your auto insurer pays for the cost of damages up to a specified limit regardless of who is at fault.
In true no-fault states, every driver out on the road is required to carry a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) policy.
Personal injury protection pays all the necessary medical bills following an auto collision with no maximum limit on coverage.

Ohio system of auto bike insurance is a BIG joke, when obtaining your license or renewing your plate all you have to do is say or sign the yes word, many do that don't have insurance.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Thanks for you all who expressed well being. Let me explained a no-fault insurance state (NY) for instance. Two of my vehicles were hit by another vehicle (collision). My insurance carrier came to look at both vehicles ,which I drove home (luckily) . Upon inspection and noticing they were cause by someone else wrote me a check on the spot ; both vehicles were considered totaled:.I didn't have to do any calling around like here in Arizona. My insurance goes after the other vehicles insurance and collects. Quick and simple.
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 4:50 pm

The fly in the ointment is whether or not the other party even has proper insurance and if there is personal injury involved.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 12:00 am

Wow! That's really dodging a bullet. Glad you survived ok, considering! I almost had my 9th bad spill on two wheels (bicycle/motorbike) about a week ago. This one IN A PARKING LOT. They'll get you anywhere. I was leaving the hardware store parking lot on my XMax 300 scooter. The (distracted?) lady was coming into the lot toward me. She was probably thinking of turning left into a parking space because I noticed she was coming closer to me but moved as if she was going to wait till I (having the right-of-way) moved straight out of her way, then she would naturally turn in. But whatever she was thinking/texting/singing/talking on the phone, I thought she was DRIVING. As she came closer to sideswiping me I realized what was then really happening--She didn't see the object right in front of her!????? I immediately twisted the throttle hard to get past her. My estimate is that you could get a piece of paper between us as I scooted forward. How she missed me, I don't know, but since it would have been my 9th spill on two wheels, I'm thinking the Man upstairs likes my wife so much, He wants to keep granting her that same set of big ears to receive her constant nagging. I'll take the deal.
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 8:40 am

MUCHoldERwingguy wrote:
The fly in the ointment is whether or not the other party even has proper insurance and if there is personal injury involved.
We've a good system in Ireland. the M.I.B. acts as an insurer of those who ignore the law and drive without insurance. We all pay for it through a levy on our own insurance and it covers the uninsured for injury and property damage they may cause. It's not a free ride, though; they will pursue the uninsured driver for the rest of their days for the outstanding damages, ignoring even bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm

bikehiker I hear ya, it's pretty scary out there no matter what two wheels you are riding. Here in Tucson,AZ at stop lights I see quite a few people texting and phoning which are illegal but the penalty is something like $250.00 fine. Seems the "police" don't seem to care or they are blind and don't want to ticket the driver(too much like work). The person that caused my accident just bought his Mercedes Benz last month by looking at his insurance card. So he must be fully covered>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first vehicle accident on two wheels.   first vehicle accident on two wheels. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first vehicle accident on two wheels.
Page 1 of 1