Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Warning: Deserter in our midst

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RiverSong77
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-09-17

Warning: Deserter in our midst  Empty
PostSubject: Warning: Deserter in our midst    Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 7:12 am

Greetings S’wingers ..
I have to make a confession ..
I purchased my Silver Wing about a year ago as it was essentially a Godsend for a rider with leg weakness due to nerve damage .. Too painful to be changing gears and using a foot brake, so the Swing meant I could keep riding with far less pain and the feet forward thing was ideal .. I’ve been riding for around 50 years and I just couldn’t bear the thought of not being able to ride anymore .. The Swing was my 12th bike over the years, the rest have been predominantly Triumphs with the odd Honda and BMW thrown into the mix .. Long story short, the leg strength has slowly been improving and when the opportunity came up a couple of weeks ago to pick up a very tidy “Thruxton”ised Bonneville T100 at a ridiculously affordable price, well, I just couldn’t say no .. The Silver Wing has a proud new owner (it sold 35 minutes after I put the ad up), and I am back where I belong (on a a Trumpy) .. I’d almost forgotten just how sweet a ride the Bonnie’s are, and my bride is far happier on the back of the Triumph than she ever was on the Honda (she found it too tall, and awkward to climb on and off) .. Having said all this, in a few ways I’ll miss the Swing .. I’d love to have been able to afford to keep both, but when it came down to the necessity of choosing one, it was a forgone conclusion .. I am a Triumph man !
I’ve enjoyed the fun, information and camaraderie of this group, and fully intend hanging around to enjoy it into the future .. That’s if you’ll still have a “deserter” in your midst 😂
Enjoy the ride folks, in the end, that’s what it’s all about !
Cheers,
AJ 👍
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Warning: Deserter in our midst  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warning: Deserter in our midst    Warning: Deserter in our midst  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 8:14 am

Hello AJ. It’s good to hear that your strength has much improved.

From all of us here, best wishes and good luck with your new ride.

And yes, the door is always open. So do stop by for a visit.
Back to top Go down

Warning: Deserter in our midst
Page 1 of 1