Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 6:01 pm

» New to Me Swing
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First Real Ride

Go down 
+3
DennisB
JeffR
WarrenK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WarrenK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
WarrenK

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-22

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, finally got the title work done, state inspection done, and headed out today for the first ride on the "new to me" Swing. I'm really impressed with it, no doubt, but I'd have to say it's the Rodney Dangerfield of two-wheelers. It don't get no respect...at least not until other vehicles can't run away from it....hahaha.

It's got to be the farthest thing from a Harley, and I'm lovin it.

W
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~hogwarren/site/
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Congrats on finally riding it. You should be very happy with it since it is smooth and powerful. I think it is as fast as the sporster 883 I had but I think it might have been just a tad quicker. But the SWing is so much smoother and more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

I still think this Silverwing is like Heaven after riding that old PanHead for almost 20 years. Would not go back to a Harley if someone gave me one.
Back to top Go down
WarrenK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
WarrenK

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-22

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 am

I agree with you both. My only experience riding a Harley was a 4 hour rental I did back in 2005. It was a birthday gift from me to me, just to satisfy my curiosity. For years I wondered if there was something I was not seeing that was drawing people to spend so much money for what I thought was inferior to so many less expensive offerings on the market. My current bike at the time was a Honda ST1100, another very smooth and efficient bike. A half-hour into the ride, I had my answer and would have taken that Road King back if I could have gotten a partial refund for it.

It wasn't particularly bad, but it convinced me that people are paying twice as much for the Harley image and getting less than what they could get in most 800-1100cc Japanese cruisers. I would have been hopping mad to have paid $20K for that kind of performance.

This scooter is just the opposite....people look at it and expect to be trapped behind it at 45mph, and are shocked if you leave them in the dust. I can't wait to surprise some other bikes sometime.

I think I mentioned that this is really for my son to learn on and I actually ride a Goldwing, but I could see myself with just the Swing if I wanted something lighter or less expensive. You can't beat the Goldwing for carrying passengers though. I would imagine a good size passenger might have a bigger effect on the Swing.
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~hogwarren/site/
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 am

I've never ridden a Harley so can not really objectively compare the bikes with anything else. That does not stop me from my subjective analysis though...

I think the posing is possibly the most off-putting thing about the HD rider. But I feel the same way about the Jr. Wanna Be racers on their zip splats.

WarrenK,

Glad you got out for a ride. I think you are correct on the GW as the better people hauler, but my wife and I each ride our own SilverWing and know that it is a capable touring machine. I'm not sure if Honda meant it that way, but that is how we use them. Your son will be able to tour with you when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Riding 2 up..   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:37 am

My wife and I made a trip from Rison Arkansas to Colorado Springs Colorado late last year. Rode about 60-70 MPH most of the time... trailered the scoot to Tulsa and back for maintenance issue, but road the Swing over 2000 miles round trip. My wife made no complaints about the ride and I have nothing but praise for the way the scoot handled the trip. What a great machine....

What is a Harley? Do they make scooters? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 am

Opalsboy wrote:
What is a Harley? Do they make scooters? Twisted Evil

Hardley used to make a scooter called the Topper.
Back to top Go down
BlueSwing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BlueSwing06

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-03-03

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 am

I two up a lot of the time. The swing isn't as responsive with the added weight but it handles it just fine. I have done 200-280 mile days and she never once complained. Both my passenger and my Swing. Honda built the Swing as a light tourer. But mine has tackled everything I have asked it to do and it has still come back for more. Congrats on the Swing and hope you enjoy it for many more miles to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Real Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Real Ride   First Real Ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Real Ride
Page 1 of 1