Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Slight pulley and face b wear.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-04-08

Slight pulley and face b wear.  Empty
PostSubject: Slight pulley and face b wear.    Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2022 7:48 pm

Hello,
I am not sure if this has been posted ...looked around this site and if I missed it .... It happens.
I found a two grooves in the variators plates , I assume it's the lower at take off and the upper of cruising speed where the belt lives to spend most of the time..... I have 21 000 km on it and thought I should get triple that before replacing the variators for some $400 plus ,cost..... Can I take 2000 grid sandpaper to clean the glaze and work the wear area or is this to scientifically minded.(ha) .... I mean if I have to replace it any way why not.....has anyone attempted this already ..... Don't really want to spend 15g like my car which runs just as good as they I bought it....... Happy trails
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Slight pulley and face b wear.    Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 9:53 am

It's odd you have noticeable wear at such low mileage, SW600 pulleys are very robust, yes, you can sand pulley faces, as is often recommended to sand pulleys lightly when installing a new belt, some do it to extend life or save $$, depending on the damage/ridges you can start with medium sandpaper 180-220 grit and finish with red then green scotchbrite, do it dry. You don't want the surface too smooth/slippery.

The most important thing is to use a sanding block (or anything flat) to back up the abrasive, not bare hands (they are not flat), try to do evenly and in a random pattern.

I don't know the currency conversion to BC, shipping, Taxes, etc., but I got all 4, front and rear pulleys (to squirrel away), I paid approx. $250 USD with free shipping at Ron Ayers  Slight pulley and face b wear.  1f44d

https://www.ronayers.com/
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Slight pulley and face b wear.    Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 10:10 am

My experience---with over 400,000 miles with rubber band drive scooters----put it back together and ride it...Monkeying can cause problem you do not need.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Slight pulley and face b wear.    Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 10:38 am

Thanks to the both of you , I'll do a cleaning and put it back together ....ride this afternoon and let it be......I never did get any vibration or strange sounds.......... Happy trails
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight pulley and face b wear.    Slight pulley and face b wear.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slight pulley and face b wear.
Page 1 of 1