Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sad Silver winger

Go down 
+7
crahar
"Hi Yo"
billc.
Cosmic_Jumper
tankyuong
matthew
jdeereanton
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 am

I am supposed to be in Florida riding my Wing Sad Silver winger Suspect Instead I am at home looking out the window at fog ,and waiting for the hospital to call . Sad Silver winger Icon_sad I am waiting to have open heart by pass surgery .One week has passed and I could have as much as five more to wait .
In the mean time I am not supposed to do much as I would not survive a heart attack . The longer it takes for them to get around to me ,the less riding I will get to do ,assuming that I will survive ,and still be able to ride . If all goes well I should be on the road by the middle of June . Sad Silver winger Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 am

I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

Hope all goes really well for you and yours.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

You'll be fine
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 am

I'm sure that you'll be fine in no time.

It could be worse though; you could be here in the States, and though you'd only have to wait 1/2 that time it would end up costing you 2/3rds of your life savings as well as your home. You know that that pesky little heart problem just might have been due to a pre-existing condition. So the Insurer wouldn't have felt obliged to cover that surgery. And they've gotta keep those bottom-line profits up there so they can pay out those big CEO bonus'.

Hang in there...we're all in this together
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 am

Excell, this us just a minor "bump" in your road, and I am sure you will be fine...best to you...billc.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Sad Silver winger 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Sad Silver winger 744535 Here's hoping that everything goes well for you. Just remember that God never closes a door unless he opens a window, but damn those dark hallways. Get well soon and get back to riding.
Back to top Go down

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:59 am

Thank all of you for your kind words .Yesterday I ran into an old friend ,it turned out that he had the very same operation two years ago . He told me that it was not that bad .Apparently they have made a lot of improvement in the procedure in the past few years . He was back at work in six weeks and he has a very physical job . I am feeling much better about all of this now .
You guys in the U.S that have to pay for it your self should consider going to
India where you can get it done for $6000.00 .They are pioneers in the field and have first class hospitals . It would beat loosing every thing that you have .I considered going my self,but I should be done within the next five weeks . If it was 14 months like I waited for my knees I would be looking into it further. With out surgery I would not last that long .
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Hang in there youngun ,I made it through 5 bypasses an loss of better than 50% of the heart muscle and can still ride. Our prayers are with you.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Excel... glad to hear you are a little less tense about the future procedure to work on the old ticker... I haven't had the bypass job, (yet), but have had three stents done in two separate surgeries. Looks like I will be a bypass patient at a future date. I meet with some friends everyday at the local hang out and almost all of us has a scar to show about the heart surgeries. There are about 5 of them that have had the bypass and all are doing just great. I forget that they have ever had the problem before. Here bypass surgery is kinda like having a vasectomy only takes less time to get over it.
By the way all of us still own the same house, have money in savings, didn't have to mortgage the grandkids. One of the group did change wives after the procedure. (the heart not the vasectomy) There is no one I know personally that would consider leaving this country for ANY kind of surgery... the health care here is top notch. Costs have gone up for all kinds of reasons over the last 40 years. But what hasn't? The first new car I bought was a 1966 Mustang and I think ( here goes the memory thing again) I paid $1800.00 for it. I bought a new 3 bed room house in 1967 for $9900.
I didn't start this to beat anyone over the head or anything. I am proud of this forum, my country and all the friends from Pert, Canada, Texas, UK and all the other wonderful places to ride a scooter or just lay in the grass and look up at the clouds... appreciating those things helps keep the heart calm.

If ANYONE is offended by this post, please PM me and I will pull it immediately. I honestly have one intent for the post and that is to offer more encouragement to you Excel... where ever and when ever you have it done, God is in control.
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Well this is what I was intending to say first time around before I became kefudlded;

I tell you what is fun.... the Morphine! I had open chest surgery a few years ago and for 24 hours they gave it to me through a drip. Wow you truly think you are superman, although it can mess with your mind a bit. In fact I distinctly remember believing I was a huge bouncy ball that could ricochet around the room if I just let myself go. So look forward to the legal drugs Excell.... it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:51 pm

wingnprayer,

I took care of your previous posts. Hard to give up the morphine huh?

Those prescribed ones are quite amazing.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

MORPHINE... if I ever choose to change my insurance coverage... Morphine is going to be one of the required items before any type of surgery and maybe even eye exams... Morphine... I can understand very well how someone can become attached to that stuff... I might even consider going to India for that... nah... too easy to get it here if I really need it.... drunken
Back to top Go down

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks guys . I already know about the drugs ,As I have had both of my knees replaced .The first time I took a little to much Oxycontin and thought the hall
was full of puppets . The second time I refused to take it and just went with
Ty3 .I am used to pain .
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Excell, My prayers are with you my friend. I am about 5 years removed from a triple bypass and feel just great. However while waiting for surgery the anxiety of the unknown was for real. Modern medical procedures are amazing today but my greatest reassurance came from my maker above. You should come through this just fine. I'm sure looking at the ages of our members that more than just a few have gone through this procedure. I am not trying to down play the seriousness of your surgery but just trying to ease your mind a bit. Good luck and God Bless, Dick
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Two friends of mine had bypass surgery and one of them was in his 80s and had been a long term smoker. Both came through well and recovered rapidly. It's pretty well become a routine procedure nowadays and the prognosis is quite good. As one Ex to another I agree with you about drugs, I hate the weird feeling they give you. I don't like 'em and on various surgeries and broken bones I've gotten by with the absolute least I can and I've never seen a hall full of puppets either. Good luck and hope you're riding again soon.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:24 am

Excell,

How are you feeling? Still anxious? Have been thinking about your medical situation as a friend of ours is having a heart valve replacement in the next week. Any word on the scheduling of your surgery yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad Silver winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Silver winger   Sad Silver winger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad Silver winger
Page 1 of 1