Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New Winger I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Winger

Go down 
+6
Michel Vachon
sonuvabug
exavid
MikeO
Cosmic_Jumper
ARC582
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ARC582
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-08-11

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 7:06 am

Hello to all. I just purchased a 2003 Swing 600 ABS w/ 16416 miles and instantly fell in love with it. Seems strange. A scooter? I would of never guessed. I started riding at 5 years old on a Honda 50, many XR-75’s, started racing an RM-80 at 13, up to a 250cc racing flat-track till 16.

Then came cars. Hot Rod cars. Drag cars pretending to be street cars. At 55 years old I end up purchasing a cheap 150cc Chinese scooter for RV use. The seed was planted. Now I have several highly modified small scooters built up to 232cc water cooled and air cooled.

Needless to say I have the need for speed. I don’t like anything stock so immediately I have turned away most of you. Hehe! I have always enjoyed being the underdog. I like to make vehicles do what they were not engineered to do. Ex: Make a VW Bug run over 100mph, take a Pontiac V8 and outrun BBC’s, Hemi’s, etc, and make a slower bike get the fast bikes nervous.

So no I’m not interested in a crotch rocket just the same I’m not into Top Fuel dragsters, full tube chassis, or anything that takes the challenge out of making it much faster. I’m also not into high maintenance either. If it can’t live a reasonable amount of time in real driving conditions I have no use for it.

So hold to your panties you old timers because this nut-bag is gonna take this big fat overweight pig and scare the poop out of some murder bikes. My original intentions were to take the drive-train and wiring out of the Swing and fabricate into a featherweight 150cc scooter but I have delayed that till I get the most out of the Swing itself. I’ve had it a few days now and have dropped over 50lbs and time it’s over you might be viewing the first Bobber Swing. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 8:23 am

Hello ARC. Welcome to the forum. I’m along for the ride and looking forward to seeing what you can do.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 am

Welcome from me, too, and I wholeheartedly agree about Top Fuel and all that goes with it.
Friends and I campaigned what was then a Junior Dragster - 4-speed manual gearbox, carburetted, 89 ci on petrol - in the mid-70s.
We ran high 10s between 120 and 130 MPH, not too bad in those days in the UK.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 12:25 am

The need for speed affects many of us. Some satisfy the itch, some don't. Flying low across Alaskan tundra used to do the job for me.

Once my brother was visiting me in NW Alaska. I picked him up in Unalakleet, AK where I was TDY. A couple days later we flew my Pacer back to Kotzebue. About half way there of the barren tundra my brother asked me if I was flying too low. I told him to look down and see if the tire was spinning. He thought I was kidding but while we were talking I'd let the plane down about a hundred feet while were flying over the brush. I let her down a bit more and told him to look now. I had just slapped the top of the brush and sure enough the landing wheels were spinning. He turned a bit green, I eased back up to 100' altitude and flew there most of the 100miles left to go.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 am

Welcome aboard this board ARC. It'll be interesting, to me, to see what you come up with. I too shed 30 lbs. ... that was simply through portion control ... Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am

Hello Arc,

Welcome on the site !
Can't wait to see a SW bobber .
Michel
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 8:33 am

Hi, Arc
I live in NW Florida so drive over anytime. Taking a SW and modifying it will be interesting. I always thought about what could be done but love my Scooter to much.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2014-02-13

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Welcome ARC to the BEST SWing site on the net.
It will be very interesting to see what you end up doing to the SWing.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 7:10 am

Welcome aboard ARC I've got to see this gem when it's finished, when you post a pic make sure the back tire is letting off smoke, oh and no braking on the front SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Welcome.. You're going to need to boost it Turbo to make any good HP numbers on this engine. Small throttle bodies and such. HP isn't cheap then you need a way to properly tune it.

Drive line mods will only get you so far it' 50 HP stock. I've seen some Yamaha T-Max videos turbo charged and they can fry the tire. Let her rip.
Back to top Go down
ARC582
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-08-11

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and open minded point of view. I actually thought most people would think this guy is a fool(partly true).... as we know how well engineered these bikes really are. After all isn’t that the main reason we have one? My attitude is simply improvements can always be made to anything for personal and intended use. Any well engineered mass production vehicle is impressively thought-out but one configuration doesn’t really hit the nail on the head for everyone. Actually I don’t plan on modifying the engine very much and mainly focusing on overall weight, unsprug weight, along with the CVT tune, A/F ratio, induction, exhaust, etc. I say it isn’t how fast you go..... it’s how fast you go with what you have. Hehe! Now after saying all that poop everyone all ready knows I probably need to get out of introductions and start a new topic because I’m a little disappointed in this Fuel Injection / Power Commander situation. I’m starting to think I should scrap the entire setup and install a couple carburetors. I am a Swing newbie and certainly not a know it all so all you Swing veterans are welcome to fire away with any Pro or Con you come up with. My skin is thick. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Good luck, be safe, and happy motoring to all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Winger Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Winger   New Winger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Winger
Page 1 of 1