Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
First Service I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First Service I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 2:15 am

» Drive belt prices
First Service I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 1:28 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First Service I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:27 am

» New to Me Swing
First Service I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
First Service I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
First Service I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
First Service I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
First Service I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First Service I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First Service

Go down 
+3
john grinsel
steve_h80
MikeO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3792
Registration date : 2009-06-29

First Service Empty
PostSubject: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Managed at last to put enough miles on the Forza to qualify for the First Service; 596 - superb judgement!

It's been a difficult period, chest-wise, and the wind has been stronger than I care to ride in for pleasure so it's been a long process, nearly five months.

The service was not cheap but it's done now; I feel well looked-after by Newcastle Motorcycles so it's worth it.

I had a long chat with Paul, the salesman, about hand-guards, muffs, heated grips and heated gloves; the arthritis in my hands is progressing rather quickly so I want to get the most appropriate device to relieve the discomfort. I like muffs but there are so many buttons on the left-hand side of the bars I want to be able to see them.

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 5:20 pm

I used these on a bike a few years back. Very easy to fit and they do keep the wind off your paws.
https://www.24mx.co.uk/motocross-parts/plastic-kits_c380/hand-guards_c392/acerbis-hand-protection_pid-PM-0090096?gclid=CjwKCAjw_tWRBhAwEiwALxFPoe7s7uF580NJSNfBz5PxX6JrswLwJow4NCzKvIocBEAO93v-1PTbZxoC9bkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 6:27 pm

Thanks, Steve.
I adapted a pair of motorcycle ones for my first Silverwing; they were very good.
I've tracked down three different Forza-specific guards, one of which is Givi, of course.
I'm having a think. Wink

Here's the post in which I described the handguards:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1595-hand-guards-deflectors?highlight=hand+guards
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 4:05 pm

My hands will soon be 83 yrs old---but they have worked for 67 years of riding and over 1.4 million miles. Protecting them important----muffs do not work for me, too dangerous. Just had tune up operation on right hand---trigger finger ring finger, middle finger done 15 years ago----upcoming removal of cyst on left wrist. Bike riding I always wear gloves.mitts of some type---you probably will not die of hand injury, but it sure hurts getting well. For rain/cold I find cheap ski gloves under Aerostich over mitts--3 finger good in rain or cold. Old Belstaff/Barbour over mitts work, too...but they can be a little slippery.
New bike/scooter I always add sponge over grips---increase diameter, reduce shocks, last about 30,000 miles-----Heated grips probably should come standard on all 2 wheelers---I have only ridden BMW with them=worked! Hand comfort important, really so as you get older!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Thank you, John. I will re-read and digest what you say. Smile
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 7:34 pm

Hi Mike,

I keep looking at the Givi hand wind deflectors plus a taller screen.

Getting a little bit of buffeting when my helmet is flipped up but nothing too bad, just think the taller screen will make it just right without having to duck down a little.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 10:51 pm

First Service 3ecba310

I originally had these Puig handlebar mounted wind deflectors on my Forza along with the stock Honda screen and Wunderlich screen top wind deflector.

They were fitted in anticipation of Puig bringing out a taller touring screen soon afterwards to compliment them.

I eventually got fed up waiting for the Puig screen and ordered the newly released Givi high screen from Italy instead. It's not that much taller or wider but it really does the job. Then when Givi brought out the matching bodywork mounted wind deflectors, I removed the Puig hand guards and fitted the Givi ones.

Thinking about it now, I'd pretty much added all the accessories and useful bits to my Forza in the first nine months of ownership.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 1:50 am

Very nice, attractive and well made.

Off topic about 30 years ago had A Suzuki RMX 250 with factory hand guards hit a large rock and crashed on right side minor tip over. I popped it in neutral still running and picked it up dropped it in gear and wheeled away only to find the front brake was engaged from it pushed against lever. Well that went well down I went again.  Fun times on dirt bikes.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 8:51 am

JamieB wrote:
Hi Mike,

I keep looking at the Givi hand wind deflectors plus a taller screen.

Getting a little bit of buffeting when my helmet is flipped up but nothing too bad, just think the taller screen will make it just right without having to duck down a little.

For me, it's definitely worth having the few extra centimetres, Jamie.
As I said elsewhere, the height of the original screen is just on the cusp of buffeting or not for me.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 11:55 am

My Silverwing has a Cee Bailey windshield on it. I measured it and they custom made it. Works perfect, sadly they no longer make windscreens for bikes.

Now my Forza came with the "shorty" windshield...as my dad would have said "it is useless as t*ts on a bull". I purchased a Givi unit and when I get to my summer place it will be installed! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Service   First Service I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Service
Page 1 of 1