Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My worst nightmare became true

Go down 
+6
steve_h80
cello33
Meldrew
Loosemarbles
gustav
Dutch SilverWing
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

My worst nightmare became true  Empty
PostSubject: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 1:21 am

Every motorcyclist's worst nightmare is being hit by a car on a roundabout.  🤬 [27 januari]

Luckily she pleaded guilty.
I have had all the luck in the world that this didn't happend on a freeway or a B road but within the city limits and with a slow speed.
But with big consequences for me and my SW

My foot is badly wrinkled and my beloved SW is very badly damaged.

She's at the dealer and I've gotten the bad news that she is a total loss 😫
The insurence will be paid and I'm already looking for another beautiful SilverWing.

There are not that many beautiful, uniquely colored Silverwings to be found overhere in the Netherlands. Most of the SW's here are silver colored.

Through 2 different motorcycle dealers I have all ready shown interest 2 Silverwings.

The first one is a very good looking silver colored SW from May '06 with 38,000 km with ABS but this one had 5 previous owners. Comes with a top box and a Givi 214 shield. But she's silver, not one of my favorite colors. Keep in mind that my '01 had no ABS.

The other is a beautiful blue SW, she is from the first owner, comes from June '01 and has only 18,000 😱km on the clock.
She is still completly original and on the pictures she looks just awesome.
Of course, everything that what is needed will be replaced and/or refreshed for things like coolant, oils and other important parts such as tires, battery, V-belt and rollers. This coming Tuesday I'm going to see her, it's around a 2 hour ride. The dealer knows the bike and her previous owner.

Personally I lean more towards the blue SW, because of her more unique color, because of the extremely lowmileage and also because of the fact that everything is still original.

But here's my Sunday's question;
What would you do? 🤔
Go for a '01 with 18.000 km or a '06 with 38.000 km?

Have a great weekend & please stay safe 🙏🏻
My worst nightmare became true  Screen12
My worst nightmare became true  Screen13
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 2:08 am

Blue
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 4:45 am

The silver shows off her contours more readily with less reflection to distract the eye.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 6:35 am

I'd personally look for a later model  SW-T 600 Silver Wing. But if you prefer the FJS version in a colour that isn't the usual boring black, blue, or silver, there's a gold 2003 with 52932 km on the clock for sale on your Marktplaats  website going for €2250.My worst nightmare became true  17d28710
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 am

Sorry to hear of your incident buddy, I think all SWings are very similar apart from the ABS you should be good to go with any of them. My 02 has 40K miles no ABS and 4 previous owners but been with me for 5 years now and very happy with it , apart from the soft forks she rocks!
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 11:19 am

Knowing Silverwings like we do I wouldn't worry about the kilometers, but I wouldn't want a bike without ABS so I would go for the newer one, despite the hideous colour scheme.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 12:50 pm

I’d wait for a later model (2008 +) preferably with ABS. You’ve been given a rare carte blanche for a new Silverwing.

Why not get the most up to date model available —even if you have to wait. I’d sacrifice the paint color cosmetics for up to date improvements.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 9:36 pm

I agree with Tim. Wait for the latest model you can find. I have an 08 SWing and when it had only the original two wheels I'd get about 50 MPG with it. Now that it's a trike it suffers more around town but only about 5 MPG less on the highway so I'm not complaining. Although, it doesn't have ABS.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 4:44 am

I've had another poke about online and there's plenty of used Silver Wing's for sale in the Netherlands and in not too far away neighbouring countries as well. It all depends how much you much you wand to spend and how far you want to travel. I'd still go for the later SW-T 600 or even the 400 version if I were looking.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Later model. Lower mileage. Newer parts, wear items. ABS!

Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 11:24 am

Hey guys,
May I introduce my beautiful FJS400 D from 2008 and only 18.600 km on the clock. 😏
I'm so freacking happy right now.
Time to get her ready.
Oils, coolant, filters, new battery and a nice wash and polish.
I would like too say; see you guys on the road 😏, but I think that there are not many Dutch SilverWing riders on this awesome forum.😏
My worst nightmare became true  Img_2028
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 11:38 am

Congratulations. Best wishes for many happy and safe miles.
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 3:15 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Congratulations. Best wishes for many happy and safe miles.
Thnx 🙏🏻
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-11-12

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 7:35 pm

sorry for your lose and that you got hurt. but if you plan on buying another one keep that one for parts even if you have to buy it back from the insurance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My worst nightmare became true    My worst nightmare became true  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My worst nightmare became true
Page 1 of 1