Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Can you handle your Silverwing?

Go down 
+2
sc00ter
Loosemarbles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1570
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Can you handle your Silverwing? Empty
PostSubject: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 pm

I don't know whether this is old news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegpNBY7DIc
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 11:20 pm

Mad skill! I was chasing a poorly ridden rocket bike thru some fast sweepers on a off ramp. I got the Silverwing (my wifes when it was still 2 wheels) pegged at like 90mph into this turn and got a head shake/body weave! Silverwings hate long, fast sweepers at high speeds. I not only got control of the Swing but I passed the crappy rider on the sports bike. But I've never pushed a Swing that hard into a turn ever again. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 4:14 am

Loosemarbles wrote:
I don't know whether this is old news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegpNBY7DIc

It is, the video was made 14 years ago and it's a long time ago since I first watched it.

That bloke has another short video where he's riding his white Silver Wing on our left (proper) side of the road. Strange seeing a white Silver Wing if it is in the UK, so he may be riding an import

A nice touch is the background music, it's the theme tune from the 80's TV series 'Airwolf'. Smile
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Just shows you how well they handle, great scoots..
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 6:21 pm

sc00ter wrote:
Mad skill! I was chasing a poorly ridden rocket bike thru some fast sweepers on a off ramp. I got the Silverwing (my wifes when it was still 2 wheels) pegged at like 90mph into this turn and got a head shake/body weave! Silverwings hate long, fast sweepers at high speeds. I not only got control of the Swing but I passed the crappy rider on the sports bike. But I've never pushed a Swing that hard into a turn ever again. Lesson learned.

I've also felt that with SW leaned over it starts to weave and flex I always thought it was the frame bending or flexing. It's not the frame it's the rear shocks after buying some Ikon shocks it holds the line without weaving. I find myself riding 10-15mph faster on the same roads with much better steering feel and road tracking.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 6:58 am

Unlike some I never had a problem with the OE rear shocks on the Silver Wing. They seemed to me to be identical to the ones fitted to the Burgman 650 I had previously. Both sets were easily adjustable by hand, and using the numbered settings recommended by the Owner’s Handbook for rider or rider and passenger were set and forget.

In contrast the rear shocks fitted to my Forza aren't numbered and have no idea what they're set to. I haven't changed them since I rode away from the dealers over three years ago. Whatever they're been set to I get a comfortable ride with or without a loaded top box. The Forza handles great on the bends of rural North Yorkshire so I've no incentive to change settings

So it's rather puzzling when I read forum posts from owners of the same type of Forza 300 and SH300 and 350's fitted with the same rear shocks complaining that they're cheapo rubbish. scratch

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 am

No, me neither just as it left the dealership 👍🏻
Back to top Go down
kpinvt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 8:49 am

I used to take my '03 SWing on group rides with the BMW club I belong to. They would always lose me on the straightaways and I would always catch up to them in the twisties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you handle your Silverwing?   Can you handle your Silverwing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you handle your Silverwing?
Page 1 of 1