Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I'm moving--honda 125 cub next

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

I'm moving--honda 125 cub next Empty
PostSubject: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 11:07 am

In the process of selling my house and moving to eau claire wi. Chattanooga high cost to me---don't really like the people or their driving....but will make a lot of money on my house----before the bubble bursts.

At moment my Kymco 2019 X-Town 300i parked
Dalton GA Kymco dealer.  Scooter sales very slow here! Does not matter price.

Replacement in WI will be Honda Cub 125---for me, great, foot pegs for feet and leg control.  easy valve adjust, enclosed chain.  At 82, fine for me, they work well in winter,too. Since 1990, 11 new maxi scooters for me---tired of buying belts/over 400,000 miles with these scooters/2 new SilverWings---In Japan Post Office uses them in mountains with tire chains.   been daily rider since 1955 and plan to continue---still in pretty good shape, Love getting back to WI---stilll can get $1.00 beer in Eau Claire U. dis district.

Only one repeat ride I want to do---Hyder AK....like riding thru Canadian Rookies.  Other wise just daily use....as I hate to drive my car.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 3:20 pm

The legendary DaBinChe just completed (2nd place) the 4000+mile  2021 Scooter Cannon Ball Run from Bar Harbor ME to Eureka CA on his daily driver Honda 125 Super Cub --after having first ridden a circuitous ~4500 mile route from the SF Bay area in Calif to get there to the SCBR start in Maine. Never a trailer queen for that lad.

So I guess you'll have no problem riding from Eau Claire to Hyder Mr Grinsel.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 7:56 am

Good luck, John! Hope all goes well with the move, I hate moving but sometimes it is necessary!

For those not familiar with the Cub, check this out for clarification:

https://powersports.honda.com/street/minimoto/super-cub-c125
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:34 pm

I suffer from gout now and again and when it first started bought myself a 1999 Cub90.

I love it to bits. It steers so well, it runs on air and I can drive it like a hooligan without ever breaking any laws. The enclosed chain is great; I run Metzler ME22s; change the oil every 1000 miles and I've fitted aftermarket rear suspension.

Touring is a fantastic experience - but interrupted by a fuel stop every 100 miles - mind, used to get by syphoning some from my grandmother's lawnmower.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 5:43 am

I bought a used Honda C90 back in the 1980's as a go to work on and winter hack. After all it was the main transport of a generation of working blokes on L plates who back then renewed their Provisional Motorcycle Licence annually. They were happy with that arrangement and had no intention of ever getting their Full Motorcycle Licence.

I have to say the appeal of Soichiro Honda's legendary Honda step through motorcycle that sold millions worldwide was completely lost on me.

My time with the C90 ended when it was stolen from the parking space outside my then home. Initially I was pissed off at the theft, but not pissed off enough to make a theft claim from my insurers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm moving--honda 125 cub next   I'm moving--honda 125 cub next I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm moving--honda 125 cub next
Page 1 of 1