Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 12:17 pm

» noise under load
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:38 am

» Hello from Illinois!
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First post! Great to be here...

Go down 
+4
gustav
oldwingguy
GHM-PM
Imageittoday
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Imageittoday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Imageittoday

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-04-05

First post!  Great to be here... Empty
PostSubject: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven’t ridden motorcycles in a few years but still have the bug. I wanted to try something different this time. So I found a 2011 Silver Wing with 6800 miles on it. Rode it... it was different than a motorcycle. So I’m making a decision shortly to buy it. Wanted to say hello from Northlake Texas.. I’m north of Fort Worth.

Test drove it today... was a little different feel as expected... but a really neat ride... any advise is welcomed... paying $4000 is in great shape and has service records...

Be well!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.imageittoday.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 7:32 am

Good choice! If at a dealer I would try and negotiate the price down a bit. Maxi scooters don't resale well. At 10 years old the tires probably need replacement, among other things. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 7:54 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Good choice! If at a dealer I would try and negotiate the price down a bit. Maxi scooters don't resale well. At 10 years old the tires probably need replacement, among other things. Have fun.

Welcome and have fun with it. What maintaence did they show as having been done?
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Welcome I, the wifey and I did 100 miles today on our 2013 SilverWing. We love it! Wife will not pillion on my bikes. She's a SilverWing gal. Those bikes do it all, imo. Paul
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 9:36 am

Welcome aboard the board imagineittiday!
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Welcome on the site Imageittoday,

You will find  a lot of knowledge here and good friend ready to help... Your choice is perfect. The Swing is a good machine reliable, real good  fro riding in town and highway even better... Just get use to it... After riding motortcycle since I was 16 years young now 64  beleive me you will love that ride.

If you ever feel like  crossing the border , you are welcome home anytime.

Michel
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Welcome Imagineittoday! What Michel Vachon said about getting used to it is good advice. I rode mine around town for a while to get used to it. She's a different kind of ride compared to a shiftable motorcycle. Once you do get out on it a bit you'll probably fall in love with it as the rest of us have.
Back to top Go down
Imageittoday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Imageittoday

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 12:11 am

Thanks for the encouragement... went out for a few miles and I’m already adjusting to it really well!First post!  Great to be here... 04009010

Last edited by Imageittoday on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 12:11 am

Hello IIT, Welcome to the site. Great knowledgeable people here. I have an 11' swing as well and really enjoy riding it. I see you also had a choice of Black, Black or Black. Mine is black also. I have ABS and my only add on is a Givi aire flo. i I enjoy twist grip no shift riding. There is nothing I dont like. Enjoy your ride.
Back to top Go down
Imageittoday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Imageittoday

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 11:27 pm

Greysilver wrote:
Hello IIT, Welcome to the site. Great knowledgeable people here. I have an 11' swing as well and really enjoy riding it. I see you also had a choice of Black, Black or Black. Mine is black also. I have ABS and my only add on is a Givi aire flo.  i I enjoy twist grip no shift riding. There is nothing I dont like. Enjoy your ride.
Thanks for the shout... I’m looking forward to put some miles on it... been riding some small trips around the neighborhood... I’m loving it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post! Great to be here...   First post!  Great to be here... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First post! Great to be here...
Page 1 of 1