Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My Silver Wing is up and running!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-03-16

My Silver Wing is up and running! Empty
PostSubject: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 8:09 pm

I am so excited to have my scooter running! I got this bike out of a guys shed in pieces. He had planned to part it out and quit. I wasn't making much headway for a while but then I was in quarentine over covid exposure (tested negative) this week so more time and attention available of a sudden Smile I was quite surprised but the only thing wrong with it was a blown fuse behind the left rear panel. It was the 30amp one. Last registration was 2014. I poured fuel into it after replacing the fuse and it fired up immediately. I hopped on it and was surprised at how peppy it was and how wobbly I was! I am no longer an experienced rider I guess. Extra caution will need to be the order of the day for a while, I think.
Anyway, the adventure continues...
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 3:17 am

It sounds like you're doing well out of the whole deal. 🙂
Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 am

Congratulations it's always nice to solve a problem and ride. An idea to ponder, 30A is a pretty good hit, was it something someone else did accidently or is there a deeper problem?
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 8:56 am

oldwingguy wrote:
Congratulations it's always nice to solve a problem and ride.  An idea to ponder, 30A is a pretty good hit, was it something someone else did accidently or is there a deeper problem?
The fuse hasn't blown again in about ten minutes of riding around my neighborhood. I'm hoping previous owner tried to jumpstart the scooter and crossed their jumper cables to blow that fuse. I'm hoping this because the ONLY thing that looks new on this scooter is the battery Smile If it's a deeper problem then I may be in trouble. I'm no good with electrical stuff. I'll ride it some more today. I'm optomistic because fuses seem to blow quickly if they're going to blow. At least in my limited experience.
Any thoughts? I like to resolve that issue before I buy tires and a windshield.
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 8:59 am

steve_h80 wrote:
It sounds like you're  doing well out of the whole deal. 🙂
Enjoy the ride.
Thanks alot!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Andraco wrote:
oldwingguy wrote:
Congratulations it's always nice to solve a problem and ride.  An idea to ponder, 30A is a pretty good hit, was it something someone else did accidently or is there a deeper problem?
The fuse hasn't blown again in about ten minutes of riding around my neighborhood. I'm hoping previous owner tried to jumpstart the scooter and crossed their jumper cables to blow that fuse. I'm hoping this because the ONLY thing that looks new on this scooter is the battery Smile If it's a deeper problem then I may be in trouble. I'm no good with electrical stuff. I'll ride it some more today. I'm optomistic because fuses seem to blow quickly if they're going to blow. At least in my limited experience.
Any thoughts? I like to resolve that issue before I buy tires and a windshield.

Correct they go as quick as the amperage is exceeded, if not you let the smoke out and that's BAD.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Big short. Jump started it wrong for sure. That's what the main fuse is there for mostly. I've seen 120AMP fuses blown from the same thing most of the time nothing fried. Starts and rides should be okay. Ride it Spring is here.
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Big short. Jump started it wrong for sure. That's what the main fuse is there for mostly.  I've seen 120AMP fuses blown from the same thing most of the time nothing fried. Starts and rides should be okay.    Ride it Spring is here.
Hey, thanks so much for weighing in. I still need to get the title sorted before I can hit the road. Previous owner didn't have one, just gave me a bill of sale. I hope it's doable. I've been bitten by the scooter bug Smile Headed to the DMV tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 am

Excellent news that could be a cheap fix! Good luck with the DMV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Silver Wing is up and running!   My Silver Wing is up and running! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Silver Wing is up and running!
Page 1 of 1