Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trying to locate the starter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-03-16

Trying to locate the starter Empty
PostSubject: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:22 pm

Can someone tell me with specificity where the starter is? Pleease! My project bike came with the battery disconnected. There's two cable ends in the battery compartment and two long cables laying loose in the storage compartment that I assume are supposed to connect to the relay and starter respectively.
Maybe I'm not searching correctly (I am computer illiterate) but I'm not finding any help in my searches thus far on this site.
I ordered a digital manual first of the week and for some reason I haven't been sent a link to download it and the seller isn't responding. So I have no manual and a nice sunny Saturday that I don't want to waste.
Any help appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Are those loose cables in the storage compartment from a battery tender? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 8:36 pm

The only cables in under seat are the battery connections and light but just the light lens should be visible.  Who knows some connection old owner installed.  Starter is hard to see down in there under intake throttle body area.  There are 2 small fuse boxes visible left front next to tool tray pocket under seat. Trying to locate the starter Tray10
Two blanks to left fuse box cut outs.
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 6:53 am

Loosemarbles wrote:
Are those loose cables in the storage compartment from a battery tender? Just a thought.
Thanks for the thought, but no, they are regular battery cables. Maybe from another scooter?
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 6:58 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
The only cables in under seat are the battery connections and light but just the light lens should be visible.  Who knows some connection old owner installed.  Starter is hard to see down in there under intake throttle body area.  There are 2 small fuse boxes visible left front next to tool tray pocket under seat. Trying to locate the starter Tray10
Two blanks to left fuse box cut outs.
Thanks so much for the info! Armed with that knowledge, I'm getting ready to try again Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 7:26 am

I'd have thought the golden rule to any major tinkering, fettling, or more than simple maintenance jobs on the Silver Wing, is to purchase a Factory Service Manual.
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 7:44 am

Meldrew wrote:
I'd have thought the golden rule to any major tinkering, fettling, or more than simple maintenance jobs on the Silver Wing, is to purchase a Factory Service Manual.
That IS the golden rule and I did purchase (supposedly) a digital version of said manual. The seller, however, failed to give me the link to be able to download it. I would think I'd been scammed but there appear to be other satisfied customer out there.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:22 am

Andraco wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
That IS the golden rule and I did purchase (supposedly) a digital version of said manual. The seller, however, failed to give me the link to be able to download it. I would think I'd been scammed but there appear to be other satisfied customer out there.

That other customer may well have been a friend or even the seller who knows on the net. The best you can do at this point is complain to ??? or give him a 1 rating and see if he responds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to locate the starter   Trying to locate the starter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to locate the starter
Page 1 of 1