Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove Empty
PostSubject: Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove   Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 7:22 am

Because some of you have visited Nova Scotia and made your way to Peggy's Cove Lighthouse I want to share this ...which I find disturbing.  Some may say it is progress.  HA !  I call it foolish.  Anyway, take a look if you wish.

Just a bit of news on the potential ruination of Peggy's Cove.

The government in their "wisdom" are planning a viewing platform to keep visitors safe.

This article tells some of the story:  https://www.halifaxtoday.ca/local-news/picturesque-lighthouse-at-nova-scotias-peggys-cove-to-get-viewing-platform-3265536

It might make walking a bit easier but it won't keep people safe .... because you can't legislate intelligence from stupidity.  Anyway, since this news broke, there is mounting opposition to the spending of $3.1 million on something that will destroy the natural beauty of the place.

This platform will be built such that the road way we traveled will be removed and the structure will extend out over the rock towards the water towards the right of the road's present location.

A Face book group was begun last night by some who are greatly bothered by this development.

Here is the link in case you wish to join and at least it gives you some info on what they are planning. I'm not sure if we will go for the protest walk this weekend (we usually don't take part in these kind of things) but this is a significant annoyance.  There are greater problems that could use $3.1M and
wouldn't ruin an iconic landmark.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/711552792840763/announcements

https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/

Take care

Mike
Back to top Go down

Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove
Page 1 of 1