Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

driven face boss inner surface

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
Lenny
winged warrior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-08-31

driven face boss inner surface Empty
PostSubject: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Hey guys,

I am changing my belt, and am intending to put new oem rollers in as I am over 100 000 km and have never looked in there.

The manual (page 1-18 near the bottom) says that the driven face boss inner surface needs lithium based grease - I am about to not do anything beyond the belt as I am not sure if I do have to grease anything - or where to apply - I get the impression that everything gets put back together, don't put grease on it (from videos and tutorials)

It also says the movable driven face cam groove needs grease - I'm not sure what that is - is it connected to the pully drive?

Finally when I am putting all the bolts back on the drive pully cover, is it ok to put some engine oil on them?

Anyway, just want to do it right the first time, the Honda Dealership is closed indefinitately near me.

All the best and thanks for any suggestions you can send my way (:

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Lenny
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2019-09-08

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 2:15 pm

https://youtu.be/82MUIwzfCPo
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Perhaps you're confusing the Drive Pulley, aka
variator (the front pulley which Is attached to the crankshaft and which holds the roller weights) with the Driven Pulley, which has the clutch attached and also has the big torque spring as shown on the above video. No grease on the variator pulley weights (but you can use a dry, Teflon based spray lube like PBlaster with Teflon). The Driven Pulley needle bearing could use a kiss of grease though.

Drive Pulley vs Driven Pulley.
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks Tim, got it! Lenny that is a great video, really shows the steps. I can't imagine I'll ever work on the spring pully but it's good to know.

Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Variator bolt needs a drop of oil on threads before torqueing. Outer belt cover bolts don't need any oil on threads.

Guy on video could have gotten more grease in driven pulley outer face by filling it around edges and then sliding it over and wiping whatever came out. There is some space in there that he didn't fill. That's how I did it anyway.
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Thank you for your advice and help, there was a lot of stuff in the drive pully area, I cleaned it all out and replaced the rollers, they were covered in material - worn out, and wiped everything down with brake cleaner.  At first I torqued the variator only to 26 pounds per square inch (I always do something wrong) then realized my mistake and took it a part, re cleaned and torqued it to 76 pb/sp ft.

the foam filter was disgusting but intact, so I washed and thorougly dried that.

The belt drive now makes a sound that could be taken as a joyful lament from days of yore, but the engine and everything else sounds great, the ride feels good - this was the first time I've done this (aside from having belt changes every 30 000 km by Honda) - it really needed a cleanout and am grateful  for the support here.
Back to top Go down
Oldschool
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-02-09

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 2:54 pm

If you are sure that the belt is running in the right direction, i believe that noise is going to disappear in the first few miles.
Happened to me.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm

It took me longer to put the cover bolts back in than to do the roller swap, but I did get it slightly wrong, so many bolts!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 3:04 pm

JamieB wrote:
It took me longer to put the cover bolts back in than to do the roller swap, but I did get it slightly wrong, so many bolts!

I either use small plastic cup with a " where it goes " note or my newer system, a piece of stiff card board with the hole it goes in noted, remove the bolt press it thru and now when you or someone else gets back to the project there's no doubt.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Yes, great idea, that’s exactly what I should have done.

Spark plugs being swapped this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

driven face boss inner surface
Page 1 of 1