Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My Son's New To Him Suzuki

Go down 
+5
GHM-PM
Cosmic_Jumper
bikehiker
oldwingguy
Dale N.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

My Son's New To Him Suzuki Empty
PostSubject: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Yesterday (11-1-2020) I got up at 7AM which is unusual for me. I usually don't set an alarm unless I have a doctor's appt. or something like that.

Anyway, my son, David, came over and at 8:30 we headed out to Winona, MN to pick up a 2006 Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800cc with only about 15,000 miles on it. The trip was about 160 miles each way. The guy was supposed to meet us at noon at his house. Well that didn't work out as planned. We got about 1/3 of the way there and David got a message from him that he was heading to Decorah, IA to help a friend with vehicle problems and he'd be back around 5pm. He finally showed up at 6:30pm. So... We had 5 extra hours to kill which turned into 6 1/2. We had lunch and killed some time there. Then went to Walmart and killed some time there. Then sat in the parking lot and killed some more time there. Finally we headed over to his house to wait for him and had about 1 1/2 hours more to kill. I was getting so tired and bored of waiting it wasn't funny.

Finally he showed up. We looked the bike over and Craig started it up. It sounded great. He was selling it because he had too much other stuff to do he only put about 160 miles on it the whole summer. Davie took it for a short spin just to check things out and came back happier than a fly on a mound of Poo Poo. He paid Craig for it and we loaded it on my converted boat trailer, strapped it down and took off. We hit a couple of rough spots still in town and pulled over just to give it a check to make sure the straps were still tight. They were. WHEW!

The trip back was at night. So much fun when tired. Anyway, we made it to my house without anything going wrong with either the truck, trailer or bike falling off. Prayers do get answered. David got into his truck and we drove to his place to unload it. That also went without incident. WHEW again. I drove home, which is about 1/2 hour from his house and was sure glad when I pulled into my yard at about 12:30am. I parked and went in and had a couple of Crown Royals to relax a bit then went to bet at about 1:15. I don't know why but I was up at 6:15am. Sure didn't sleep all that long. David rode over around 11:30 and we went for about a 50 mile ride just for the heck of it.

It was a fun ride and I got to show him just how good a SWing is!! I was following him but kicked it into "high gear" and flew by him. Can't let a Suzuki show up a SWing can I? Heck NO!! All in all it was a fun ride and we might get one or two more in this week as it's supposed to be in the upper 50s to low 60s for a few days.

Sorry for the long rant. Here's his Suzuki.

My Son's New To Him Suzuki Suzuki10

My Son's New To Him Suzuki Suzuki11
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 6:47 am

Nice cruiser nicer when you can ride with your son Smile
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 7:00 am

Long day, paid back with safe ending and good buy.

Nice Suz. Shaft drive, good fairing for wind protection, built-in accessories, retro cruiser look, white walls, spokes. Still some good riding days left up there in MN with wind-protected bikes.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 7:26 am

Nice report Dale. I’m darn proud of you staying up all that long day without a nap.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 7:28 am

It was tough to stay up that long. And I didn't sleep as long as I wanted once I went to bed.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 7:50 am

Looks like a good find! How much, if I might ask? Suzuki is a very reliable brand so it should have many miles on it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am

He got it for $1,200.
Back to top Go down
kupid
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Dale N. wrote:
It was tough to stay up that long. And I didn't sleep as long as I wanted once I went to bed.

Good looking ride Dale N., your son picked up an a good price
kupid
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 3:03 pm

I made a mistake on the year of his bike. It's a 2004.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Dale N. wrote:
He got it for $1,200.
cheers
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 pm

That is a good price. Hope the two of you get lots of miles together!
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Nothing wrong with Suzuki great bikes. Great price.

Why can't I find great deals like that? Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
nooner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 10:19 pm

I've always loved stories with happy endings. Great find. Great price. Looks great. My last bike was a slightly newer version - an '06 Boulevard C50. I'm sure your son will love his Volusia.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ozzman

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2015-03-27

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:36 am

I just saw this in my email and thought about the time I bought a 79 KZ1000,  I paid $1200 for and minutes after unloading off the pickup. . I went to crank it over when it back fired just hauling it home.  Next thing I see, the air cleaners on fire and moments later flames were 20 feet high.
Took me a few years to get it back on the road and shortly after the timing chain locked her up.

Then of course I went on a 400 mile wild goose chase once after going up to detroit area for a $1200 yamaha majesty I saw on craigslist.  The address he gave me didn't exist after I got there. POS Would not answer his phone until My buddy called on his phone.  

I decided to pay a little extra buying my swing from a dealer after those mishaps.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am

ozzman wrote:
I just saw this in my email and thought about the time I bought a 79 KZ1000,  I paid $1200 for and minutes after unloading off the pickup. . I went to crank it over when it back fired just hauling it home.  Next thing I see, the air cleaners on fire and moments later flames were 20 feet high.
Took me a few years to get it back on the road and shortly after the timing chain locked her up.

Then of course I went on a 400 mile wild goose chase once after going up to detroit area for a $1200 yamaha majesty I saw on craigslist.  The address he gave me didn't exist after I got there. POS Would not answer his phone until My buddy called on his phone.  

I decided to pay a little extra buying my swing from a dealer after those mishaps.

I've had a couple " very nice condition " meant all the paint hadn't faded or fallen off. One thing we have these days we didn't have back when is google earth, type in an address drop the little guy on the street and take a look to see if it's real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Son's New To Him Suzuki   My Son's New To Him Suzuki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Son's New To Him Suzuki
Page 1 of 1