Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dyno tune with Power Commander

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ARC582
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-08-11

Dyno tune with Power Commander Empty
PostSubject: Dyno tune with Power Commander   Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 12:57 am

As stated in introductions I must say I’m a little disappointed in the FI induction system. I’ve always been a carb man looking for raw power... not fuel efficiency or longer lasting spark plugs. Haha. My dumbass originally thought it’s great that the Swing is FI’d and would self tune. No more jetting multiple times to get right until the weather or conditions change like my small scooters. Wrong? Even the Swings with an 02 sensor is not self correcting at WOT.

After installing the exhaust and eliminating the stock air box I quickly realized how lean the factory tune is and that I would certainly be creating a even more dangerous lean condition. So I haven’t even run the engine and instead of faking out any temp sensor that I would try to do the right thing and invested in a new “discontinued” DynoTune PC’r III at the anal ease tune of $370. Called today at nearest dyno tuning center and they quoted me $500. Seriously?? Then when I change the bikes configuration..... right back out the ballpark again. All for throttle bodies that are most likely too small, potential loss of program during a ride, electrical failure, etc etc.

My first impression is screw the $500 dyno tune and just try a generic tune to download close to my application. I mean really how much more benefit am I gonna gain? Couple HP, possibly a few? Not sure if it’s worth it at this stage. I always like running my engines a tad on the rich side to have a safety factor and a little better cooling. Totally worth a fraction less power with more frequent oil changes.

I guess what I’m asking to all the veteran Swing hot-rodders is:
- Has any of you changed to carbs?
- Has your experience shown dyno tuning the FI worth the cost?
- Has anyone swapped to larger throttle bodies/Injectors?
- Is faking out the IAT sensor the better solution at this level with a mostly stock engine vs. the PC?
-Does anyone have a program that I could download that would put me in the ballpark for now?
-Or..... just download the European map and call it a day and start ditching more weight?? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dyno tune with Power Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyno tune with Power Commander   Dyno tune with Power Commander I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 8:30 am

I do recall reading somewhere, I don't think it was here, of someone boring out the throttle body.

There is an earlier thread here about an IAT sensor mod which was originated by a guy from Holland and was posted in the now defunct European Silverwing.org forum. Use the Search function here to find that conversation.*

IIRC There are a couple of posts here too regarding full-on hot rod engine rebuilds.

I trust you are aware that the weak link in delivering horsepower to the rear wheel is the variator and belt drive. It will be interesting to see your approach to that.

Your enthusiasm is admirable but do bear in mind that many of us here are into our geezerdom and, having survived the follies of faster times, now enjoy our Silverwing as-is for the pure zen of the ride.

*Edit:https://www.silverwing600.com/t10310-poor-mans-power-commander-iat-sensor-modification-intake-air-temp-sensor
Back to top Go down

Dyno tune with Power Commander
Page 1 of 1