Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VictorLouis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2020-04-26

Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Empty
PostSubject: Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit   Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 12:07 am

Found this one here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Reflex-Drivers-Backrest-kit-Complete-SALE-59/270772988952?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It was received fairly promptly, and the instructions were fairly straightforward. One thing not mentioned I will point out for anyone else that buys one. Then you attach your bike's steel 'tracks', don't cinch the nuts down taught. That's what's visible in the shot where I am holding up the cover pad. You want to leave some slop. Otherwise, you won't be able to slide them all the way up under the seat. Also, it was easiest to install the tracks to the mount, mount to the seat, first. Only then do you want to bolt on the OEM rest.

That pad that covers the nuts amounts to just 'better than nothing'. However, I think I will do something with foam and black duct-tape.
If it works out, I'll have a local upholstery guy dress it up properly in black vinyl. Rode it to pick up some groceries, and it seems to be worthwhile so far. Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Padup10
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Seatle10
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Seatri10
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Padup10
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Seatle10
Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit Seatri10
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit   Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 8:57 pm

I have the same one. Sooo much more leg room backrest is a solid metal part. You won't regret buying it I didn't, I changed the angle a bit with spacers and a bit longer bolts where it bolts on to OE rest.

Nice photos.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit   Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 12:23 pm

I have a different version of that extender and love every time I ride. Im 6' and make the seat so much better.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit   Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 7:56 am

That is the exact one I bought back when my SW was new! I love it! Only caveat for me, if you do two-up riding it is easier to take it off for that. Takes 5 min or so. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit   Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motor-Mate OEM backrest riser kit
Page 1 of 1