Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 3:47 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 3:27 am

» LF extended back rest
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 2:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 11:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 3:15 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 1:27 am

» New to Me Swing
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)

Go down 
+6
Murf
Mike from NS
Meldrew
GHM-PM
Loosemarbles
rustysdream
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) Empty
PostSubject: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 9:08 pm

I just cleaned all the little holes on my rotors. Front and back.

Q-tip with water to get the dirt loose; other end of the Q-tip to remove the dirt and dry.

After that, I sprayed BraKleen on the rotors and calipers, cleaned with car wash solution and dried.

I did this for my 2008 Silver Wing and 2016 Burgman 650.

There were dozens of holes. Probably hundreds. Possibly thousands.

I didn't care. Two reasons why ....

1. I have new holes to fill in my semi-retired, quarantined schedule.

2. When I am anxious (and these are anxious times), I find it comforting and calming to do a brainless, repetitious task. Last year before a major hurricane was supposed to hit, I built a 50-foot rock walkway positioning every rock by hand. It was immensely relaxing and satisfying.

So, how is everyone filling the extra holes in their schedules?

Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) Img_4017

Last edited by Delray on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2020-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Hmmm.... Not a bad idea at all. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Great idea. Those holes get really manky and is probably the reason why you never get a totally clean disc even after hours of spraying and wiping.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 pm

For me, yesterday I changed the oil in my truck (it was overdue). Next on the agenda is changing diff fluid on our side by side, then the oil/filter in the Silver Wing will be done. In addition to keep busy, we moved in January and am trying to organize my tools (less space available here. So I purchased this toolbox and the setup and assembly are keeping me busy!

Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) Toolbo10
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 am

Very handy. I have a pretty good sized roll around with a tool box with eight drawers on top. I have a bunch of plumber's tools and electrical tools in drawers in my workbench. I don't to much work on things these past couple of years, knees, hands and wrists with arthritis kinda stops a lot of that. I've already sold my welding gear, shaper and table saw and a few other things. This getting old is pretty discouraging it almost seems I can't do things I used to and it gets worse every few days something else gets too difficult. Goldwings and other bikes all gone now but I'll hang onto my Silver Wing until they pry my cold, dead,.... well you know
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 9:24 am

exavid wrote:
This getting old is pretty discouraging it almost seems I can't do things I used to and it gets worse every few days something else gets too difficult. Goldwings and other bikes all gone now but I'll hang onto my Silver Wing until they pry my cold, dead,.... well you know

Why do you need a big heavy twin cylinder maxi scooter like the Silver Wing at all if you suffer from arthritis or if you're not as physically strong as you once where.

One of the modern crop of 300cc scooters is the way to go, my Forza has all the performance of the Silver Wing and is 140 lbs lighter. Mr Grinsel is still strutting his stuff on a 300 Kymco, and Old Limey before he left was full of praise for his SYM Cruisym 300.

Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Time to KIll ......

I've been working on eye strain (and procrastination) by way of too much internet time.  At the point when things started shutting down I bought a few cans of paint with the plan to re-paint my home's interior.  This is where the procrastination comes in .... nothing I dislike more among the home maintenance chores than painting !!  Good thing the projection of the "time to kill" might go on for 18 months. Boredom may set in and drive procrastination away.

But, a A Good Friday tradition of mine is baking a couple of loaves of bread; which I did on Friday.  However, it has been 30 years since I did this, so maybe it is tradition only in mind.  I will see what happens next year.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 5:49 pm

I clean the little holes with some alcohol on a Q Tip.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 pm

I considered getting a nylon pipe cleaner that I could wet and plunge into each hole a few times, then spray it down. Messy but effective. I already had Q-tips on hand and plenty of spare time.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Mike from NS wrote:
Time to KIll ......

At the point when things started shutting down I bought a few cans of paint with the plan to re-paint my home's interior.  This is where the procrastination comes in .... nothing I dislike more among the home maintenance chores than painting !!  

Whatever you do, don't use the paint straight after you've bought it. All paint needs to acclimatise within the interior for at least 6 months before use.
Well, that's what I tell the wife when she wants painting doing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 12:08 am

Agreed, paint needs to become acclimatized to the Earth's magnetic lines of force or it will show brush marks. This process takes quite a bit if time like 20-50 months. It takes longer with thicker water based paint. Worse yet new paint weathers rapidly to look like old paint so why do it at all?
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-23

PostSubject: Arthritic scooter review.   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 1:35 am

Meldrew, you are not wrong about the smaller bike. I test rode a Kymco 300 after cancer healing and before Silverwing. (bone and joint aches normal for me). The Kymco brand new would have been $3500 USD. Too small TOO 🤬in small. Great if it fits though. 300's are more than adequate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)   Holes to Fill (Time to Kill) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holes to Fill (Time to Kill)
Page 1 of 1