Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 1:19 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm

» checking the oil
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 7:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 11:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 am

» LF extended back rest
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corona Virus

Go down 
+18
rustysdream
Winger61
GoonerKev
MikeO
terrier
Meldrew
Delray
Garfeild
Easyrider
The Bern
Dale N.
sonuvabug
Lenny
Sepp
GHM-PM
Mighty Mouse
oldwingguy
steve_h80
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Corona Virus - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

While this isn't totally related to SWing topics I just want to pray and hope that you all stay safe and healthy during this trying time.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 pm

The Government has announced today that, for the Easter break, certain groups can go to go to parks and Beaches and invite friends round for BBQ’s.

That explains it then at least 50% of the government is on that list.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 10:44 am

So after weeks of lockdown, we have a partial lifting of restrictions  so we can get out and travel more with the emphasis still  on the importance of social distancing.

What happens here in North Yorkshire, a group of about 30 bikers congregates in a car park in the picturesque market town of Helmsley, a regular weekend meeting places for bikers up here. Inevitably some weren't playing the game and staying well apart from each other. Concerned local residents complained to the Police, they arrived and the group gets moved on and the area cordoned off to prevent it reoccurring.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 11:53 am

Yesterdays cage ride to our hills and the state parks there showed me another side of " lockdown " not only were the fences and other miscellaneous devices used to prevent entry but now they have guards stationed there also.The first we saw I didn't think anymore than that one was just checking the area, after the 4th place I realized what they were doing. Go a mere 20 miles to other state parks and they are open for use, the only things shut down are the lodge and cabins / camping area. In the big chity they are going for normal but not doing the best job of it. If we don't get another uptick in numbers it will be a big surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 11:56 am

Hi bud Smile

We have a special breed of moron around here as well Evil or Very Mad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-52696720
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Seems the lockdown here has been mostly political. Those in power have boosted the numbers a lot. Talked to nurses who were asked to write Covid as the cause on death certificates regardless of the cause. Many, many doctors concur. I know of one personally. Also hospitals were getting more money for Covid related cases. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad flu indeed, just not as bad as the hype. Speaking of the hype(hypo) there are many billions + to be made on vaccine. 🤔
The use of ventilators killed many old people who needed a different form of apparatus. In New York younger people with the virus were put into nursing homes and then the old were infected and died. There was an entire convention center available and the U.S.S. Comfort a hospital ship. This pisses me off 😡🙁.
The Swiss did nothing and have nary a difference in cases compared to the rest of the world.
Italy's hospital system is awful and it's population very old.
Most of us are old and should definitely be extra careful. It is a very contagious flu. Most of what they tell us to do is common sense. Doctors do not concur on the use of masks either. 😷🤧🤒
Those young people likely weren't a risk to themselves, possibly to others true. I am not here to fuel their anxiousness, but I do feel they may not be entirely wrong. An open space with supervision may have worked and prevented them sneaking off which is worse if they were infected. Be well. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Bern, you could call me bud.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Hiyo wrote:
Seems the lockdown here has been mostly political. Those in power have boosted the numbers a lot. Talked to nurses who were asked to write Covid as the cause on death certificates regardless of the cause. Many, many doctors concur. I know of one personally. Also hospitals were getting more money for Covid related cases. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad flu indeed, just not as bad as the hype. Speaking of the hype(hypo) there are many billions + to be made on vaccine. 🤔
The use of ventilators killed many old people who needed a different form of apparatus. In New York younger people with the virus were put into nursing homes and then the old were infected and died. There was an entire convention center available and the U.S.S. Comfort a hospital ship. This pisses me off 😡🙁.
The Swiss did nothing and have nary a difference in cases compared to the rest of the world.
Italy's hospital system is awful and it's population very old.
Most of us are old and should definitely be extra careful. It is a very contagious flu. Most of what they tell us to do is common sense. Doctors do not concur on the use of masks either. 😷🤧🤒
Those young people likely weren't a risk to themselves, possibly to others true. I am not here to fuel their anxiousness, but I do feel they may not be entirely wrong.  An open space with supervision may have worked and prevented them sneaking off which is worse if they were infected. Be well. Be safe.

A neighbor is a maintenance supervisor at a LARGE hospital, I asked him if he was covered up with work. No he said in fact it's slow as they are not accepting new patients unless it's an emergency. A grandson of ours is a supervisor at another hospital, his floor was set up for the COVID ATTACK and remains mostly empty Sad Personally I know of no one that has it.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Same here. I returned to work last week after a five month absence expecting the normally chaotic but well organised environment.

Wrong. No phones ringing, no raised voices, no visitors, everybody going about their business...almost tranquil.

I work in an Acute Medicine ward environment (non-medical), an offshoot of A&E.

It's almost eerie scratch
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm

I went for a ride yesterday down Lancaster PA. way and it's spooky no traffic not many people are outside. Weather wasn't the best mid 60's and some very lite rain here and there. Some parts of PA. are opening up but not where I'm at yet . Last weekend I stopped for lunch went outside to eat at a table and was told I couldn't sit there even though I was 100 feet from the door and the only one there.
Stupid. So I moved 10 feet away and sat on curb near my bike what's the difference????

I agree political BS
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 7:13 am

They are most likely worrying about litigation and having to clean the table afterwards and they can be arsed 🙂
There is a bit of science saying that under laboratory conditions Covid remains viable on some surfaces for up to 72 hours, but in the real world significantly less I expect. Still I'm avoiding touching things that a lot of other folks will have touched as far as possible as that is the most likely source of contamination for me.
As ever some folks are turning hysterical, overreacting and wanting the good fairy to make things safe for them whilst others are in denial that Covid 19 even exists. The rest of us just need to get on with things and accept it's another life hazard we need to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm

This reminds me of an interview on The Johnny Carson show with the comedian Jerry Lewis:
So in the middle of a conversation he stops makes a quiet sneeze and then grabs the hankie box from the desk and pulls out about thirty tissues. He then just dabs his face.
NOT SO FUNNY NOW IS IT?
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 12:04 am

There is another post in this forum that says Bush and Obama were right, shows two old film clips of them asking for money for pandemics (which they didn't get) and another of Trump clips as the news portrays him that makes him seem like he bumbled the whole thing. OK all are entitled to their opinion. Besides leaving out the 60 some thousand that died of H1N1 during Obama's time, it seems our administrator locked the post. That's the part that worries me, locking the post! (after our health and well being of course). Moving the post or removing it maybe, but locking it seems a might direct and not in the interest of allowing folks to agree, disagree or agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 am

If your not happy with the current choices for president I'm running this year. Look for my name on the ballot. Noneof Theabove I'm an independent pull the big handle and listen for the flushing sound that way you will know your vote got counted.

I'm social distancing myself so much this year. Need some vital stuff Lunch only a hundred miles and always seem to get lost on the way back. 2K so far.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 2:47 am

Mech 1 twa

Have heart matey, I look at as a big pimple and it's trying to pop.
The worst we had it here is having to wear masks in grocery stores. It is still only a suggestion, this is over the border in Indiana. In Illinois our corpulent leader says we will not open up until there are no more cases. That can't happen. Guess the state will just have to go more broke. 😐
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus   Corona Virus - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corona Virus
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4