Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  Empty
PostSubject: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Just wondering, how many of us (especially you on the "other side") watched, attended, or even care about the NFL in the UK?

Jacksonville is my home team, and usually a win for them is a big surprise for us.  

So today is no surprise.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 3:23 pm

American Football has been on British TV since the early 1980's, the games basics was helpfully explained on Channel 4 by a Brit. Mick Lucknurst who had been the kicker for the Atlanta Falcons.

Back then it all seemed to be about the Chicago Bears and characters like William 'The Refrigerator' Perry, and Dan Marino and the Miami Dolphins.

I found it interesting but the games featured too many ad breaks, meaningless statistics, and analysis by ex players pointing out stuff we Brits obviously missed as novice viewers.

Back then living and working in Rugby League mad West Cumbria, the game was generally rubbished because of all the padding and protective gear worn unlike rugby players, having different teams for Offense and Defence, and a special lad who comes on just to kick at goal.

It was also amusing calling a game where everyone handle the ball football, and irritating to here our proper football called soccer.

Now nearly forty years later we're more educated, it's still on TV on satellite channels, there are British and European teams playing in a fairly obscure league, and when visiting NFL teams play at Wembley Stadium they're well attended, Mrs M's been to them a couple of times.

She occasionally also stays up half the night watching the Super Bowl, me I just fall asleep early in the game.

But to be honest I don't have more than a modicum of interest in any ball game whatever it's shape or team sports generally, I never have.

Although I have to say if I had a favourite NFL team it would have to be the Buffalo Bills. I once bought a Bills cap which I had for years until it was lost it somewhere at Disney World on a family visit.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Meldrew, with you on that. Just got tired watching professionals act childish while (whilst? ) earning ..hah... 7 figure salaries. Many of those guys go on to show bad moral character and a demonstration of greed over fairness in the name of $. That being said I watched a football to you(soccer) cup playoff one year and could call every hit that lead to an injury about 7 times in a row. Had enough. Better to play sports than watch them.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2019-10-09

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 am

what´s a wembely? wasn´t there a Boris too who was beating lots of little balls with his racket a long time ago.
and what did your big cats loose there?
Is that something like that Nike guy with the big hair who always kneels down to beg for money?
Have stopped watching sports since I heard they can buy and sell a player - must have been in the 70th.
Back to top Go down
https://hosiwi.blogspot.com/
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 7:46 am

Although I have to say if I had a favourite NFL team it would have to be the Buffalo Bills. I once bought a Bills cap which I had for years until it was lost it somewhere at Disney World on a family visit. <> that hat wasn't lost, it was stolen by a steeler on a 1/4 < sneak cheers
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 am

A 1/4 < sneak? scratch That's absolutely lost on me. I've already used my best American football quote on here too.

’You go to prison as a Tight End, and come out as a Wide Receiver'.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 9:15 am

quarter back sneak Smile

All kidding aside after watching different games from both sides of the pond soccer has to be the or near the top of physical demanding sports, constant motion best describes it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?    How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many of us enjoyed watching my Jaguars lose at Wembley?
Page 1 of 1