Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)

Go down 
+6
joncallihan
matthew
crahar
Waspie
MikeO
tankyuong
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) Empty
PostSubject: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Mine was 41 miles.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:02 am

Toi be honest, I haven't a clue - I haven't done any really long rides on the bike yet and, as I ride for pleasure mostly, I only keep any kind of check in order not to run out of petrol.
My 'long' trip back to England for a rideout with friends was planned to ensure I didn't get anywhere near empty and that I stopped every hour or so.
The bike was only a couple of days old so I'd not have got a true picture of miles per gallon per my riding-style anyway.

I will check next time I fill up, though, for interest's sake. How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 am

I don't know exactly how many miles, but I do know that the gas gauge is MUCH slower at the beginning than at the end. Which is a bit exasperating, to tell the truth. Rolling Eyes

Have others noticed this? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:26 am

Emeskay wrote:
Have others noticed this? How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) Icon_eek

Yes, but it doesn't annoy me yet!

I know I can achieve 180+ miles per tank so top up at a suitable point dependant on what type of riding, commuting or pure selfish enjoyment! How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) Icon_smile

Whilst never spotting at which point the first bar disappears, it is around the 40 to 55 mile point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 am

Somewhere around 52 miles, but I could not swear it's the same every time It depends on the mood I'm in as to how I'm riding.
Craig
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 am

Yes, I've noticed that the gauge is slower up front, then speeds up as you get along. Seems like it takes much longer to drop that first bar than any of the others. I will say that when it reaches half way though, that does seem to be an accurate measure. In fact the gauge seems to be pretty accurate altogether.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:29 pm

This was discussed at length in another thread, either here or on the FJS600 forum. The consensus was that the number of miles on the first bar pretty well indicated the number of miles to expect once the last bar started flashing. I have found this pretty accurate, however I have never run it dry to fully document it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:55 pm

50 almost every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 pm

somewhere between 50 and 64, depending on speed and wind direction. i don't drive as fast as most of you. i really like 45-50 mph. the first bar seems to be a good indication of mileage but i sometimes don't notice exactly when it changes. wish it had a beeper or click or something. but then if wishes were horses ...
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:50 pm

It varies depending on the air temperature and how aggressively I am riding, but the worst was 44 and the best was 54. Does it seem to anyone else that you get lower miles per gallon when the air temperature is less that freezing?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 pm

If you fill the tank to the maximum level ... then the first bar disappearing closely approximates your MPG based on your current conditions.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I found the same thing the Bill has found..that's the gas mileage you should get, if rode the same way, when the first flasher goes off. When I'm on the interstate just doing the speed limit I get right at 50-52 mpg. But that is if I keep it at 65mph (actual).
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm

JeffR wrote:
I found the same thing the Bill has found..that's the gas mileage you should get, if rode the same way, when the first flasher goes off. When I'm on the interstate just doing the speed limit I get right at 50-52 mpg. But that is if I keep it at 65mph (actual).

I also agree with Bill and Jeff on both points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)   How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many miles until you lose first bar(gas gauge)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: