Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Centre Stand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 4:50 pm

OK the good is that I always use the centre stand, mainly because once i was washing my CBR on the sidestand and as I was on my knees cleaning her she toppled over and hit the garage pilar with yes u guessed it the tank!

Put a lovely big dent/crease in my lovely contoured tank....so never ever do any work on the bike with the sidestand now.

To make matters worse the Swing leans like a bugger when on the side stand and the extra weight on the tail of a Givi VR 46 top box means it would not take much to topple over or roll fwd and collapse on the left.

OK now the issues , the rubber bung has been lost on the centre stand and looking under neath after 10K miles its wearing a patch of the swingarm / belt cover so any ideas where I cna source a rubber bung from , looked everywhere.

Next issue is with the bung off the added clearance of the centrestand means she does not touch down on the left any more :(so far) but when the bungs on that extra half inch means she will start sparking. I dont lean like a hero by the way just moderate angles of lean and crunch she makes contact .....any ideas , I guess i might need to jack the rear end upp a bit ....
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 3:57 am

Totally pi$$ed off with myself yesterday, went to take the bike of the centre stand as normal (bars turned to slightly right as normal) and it went too far to the right for me to hold it, straight into my pride & joy, my GT86 was dented and a big scratch on the front wing, luckily I have SMART insurance which covers up to 300mm diameter & damage is around 140mm, bike has no bloody marks on it at all !! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Centre Stand Screen11
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 8:40 am

cello33 wrote:
[Snip]. OK now the issues , the rubber bung has been lost on the centre stand and looking under neath after 10K miles its wearing a patch of the swingarm / belt cover so any ideas where I cna source a rubber bung from , looked everywhere.

Next issue is with the bung off the added clearance of the centrestand means she does not touch down on the left any more :(so far) but when the bungs on that extra half inch means she will start sparking. I dont lean like a hero by the way just moderate angles of lean and crunch she makes contact .....any ideas , I guess i might need to jack the rear end upp a bit ....

If item #3 then part # is 50502-KAB-000

Centre Stand Image27
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Thks Cosmic and yes she really is a big heavy girl, love her to get some weight off and be a little more managable responsive but i do like her Wink
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I think secret getting heavy scooter safely off centerstand---get on bike, roll off stand going straight ahead, hands ready for brakes.
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 pm

I think a weight reduction program would do well with the SW but not sure where it would come from. I have changed the silencer and that must have saved 5-8 KG alone but have a Givi Top Box which is worth its weight in gold.

Anyone have any ideas......some peeps have taken off the hand brake caliper but its there for a reason so not me ......
Back to top Go down
Seadog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-03-25

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm

cello33 wrote:

To make matters worse the Swing leans like a bugger when on the side stand and the extra weight on the tail of a Givi VR 46 top box means it would not take much to topple over or roll fwd and collapse on the left.

That's not right - my Swing doesn't lean over like that.  I guess your bike has had the side stand (or its mounting) bent.  

Might be bodgeable by mounting (bolting?) a plastic, wooden or metal 'shoe' under the foot of the stand so it holds the bike more upright.  (Make sure it doesn't prevent the sidestand from fully retracting.)

I had that excess lean problem on a previous bike - a Varadero 1000.  Previous owners were keen tourers and, er, not tall, and seemingly regular mounted their already heavily laden bike while it was still on the side-stand  Rolling Eyes .

Oh, and you can eliminate/reduce the risk of it rolling forward off the side-stand by applying the parking brake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Centre Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centre Stand   Centre Stand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Centre Stand
Page 1 of 1