Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Super Scooter Site !!!

Go down 
+6
Waspie
DenGraham
matthew
tankyuong
scooterbob
JeffR
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Super Scooter Site !!! Empty
PostSubject: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make this post to inform everyone of a good NEW Super Scooter site. ScooterBob has started a new site for Super Scooters at www.allsuperscooters.com . Let's support his site and join. It is a couple of months old now and it would be great to support his site. It is for all Super Scooters and they are a great bunch of people. There are a few from this site that has already joined. So if you would like more info and would like to be active in another site please join.

I have been a member since it was a few days old, I think, and it is a good site. So let's support Bob. BTW, it isn't just a site for the USA but it is an international site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:10 pm

I tried to register on this new site but must have done something wrong. They said I had tried to access it too many times, try again later.
I won't try again later. Frankly I'm tired of all the hoops I have to jump through to access any of these sites.
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm

u p tom wrote:
I tried to register on this new site but must have done something wrong. They said I had tried to access it too many times, try again later.
I won't try again later. Frankly I'm tired of all the hoops I have to jump through to access any of these sites.

Those "Hoops" you mention are to help keep the "spam bots" out. The same is true for the amount of tries before the registration process is locked out. A site with no such "Hoops" is an open invitation for problems, unless there is a full time staff to address the issues.

Have a great day in the winter wonderland,
bob
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Same here, the codes are hard to read
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Please be patient. Without these safeguards there would a lot of spammers and things. A few people had trouble with this site but then I registered them and told them to change the password. But when running a site you don't want to invite spammers in. It is a good "all scooter site" that is probably going to replace another site that seems to talk about motorcycles a lot. So keep trying. I'm sure it will be a very good souce of info for many rally's around the country as it grows.

There is a popular rally up around your area 'u p tom'. It is in Minnesota and seems to attract a lot of riders and will probably keep growing as the years go by.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:29 pm

I just signed up with almost no problem. The only thing was getting that pesky code thing right, which took 2 or 3 tries to be able to read it. I guess that's exactly the point, in order to keep automated spambots out of the mix.
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm

Jeff,
I tried to register and got locked out. I tried to log in and it said my email is already in use but my user name is wrong. I need help. Any help will be appreciated.
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Dennis,

Are you talking about this site or the new www.allsuperscooters.com site? If it is the www.allsuperscooters.com site then you will need to contact "Scooterbob". It is his site. Since you were able to post on this site I assume all is ok with this site. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:54 pm

matthew wrote:
I just signed up with almost no problem. The only thing was getting that pesky code thing right, which took 2 or 3 tries to be able to read it. I guess that's exactly the point, in order to keep automated spambots out of the mix.

Most sites have a "Refresh comfirmation code" button below the code. If you press that button, you will get a new code to read. Some people are a little color blind like me which makes some of the color combinations hard to read.

And Matthew, you do ride in some of the nicest places I never been to.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:07 am

JeffR wrote:
BTW, it isn't just a site for the USA but it is an international site.

Yeh, so stop picking on the way I spell things.

Your tire, my tyre etc. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am

Waspie wrote:
Yeh, so stop picking on the way I spell things.

Your tire, my tyre etc. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That can get tyring New Super Scooter Site !!! Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:32 am

I just joined, with no problems. I kept clicking on the "Refresh Confirmation Code" until I saw a code that I was certain of, entered it, and completed the registration.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 am

Geeze Waspie, I haven't been able to fault your spelling. It must be the majority who are wrong this time, oops time to shoot through.
Oh well its all in good humour innit?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:19 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Geeze Waspie, I haven't been able to fault your spelling. It must be the majority who are wrong this time, oops time to shoot through.
Oh well its all in good humour innit?

I was dryly mentioning the fact that whilst the other site is international and being predominantly English speaking. "We" all, American, Australian and British all have varying nuances of a language that is a bastardisation of so many languages amalgamated into the hotch potch of what we speak and write today. (In my case - badly). Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wonder what 'English' will be spoken in five hundred years time.

No doubt a mix of todays English with text speak added to make it unintelligible to those of us today!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 am

Waspie wrote:

"We" all, American, Australian and British all have varying nuances of a language that is a bastardisation"

He is obviously refering to the Kiwis!! New Super Scooter Site !!! Lol New Super Scooter Site !!! Lol

English is constantly evolving as long as we humans evolve. Look at all the redundant words that have either been bastardised to mean the opposite of their original meaning or just faded away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tried to register   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 am

u p tom wrote:
I tried to register but the site I used to much time. I will stick with this site.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:13 pm

New Super Scooter Site !!! Icon_evil While registration was not difficult, I find that the format of the forum is too much like the Burgman forum. It also impresses me as being the old Maxi Scooter site reincarnate. Now all that remains is to see if I can successfully unregister. New Super Scooter Site !!! Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:09 pm

"Bastardisation" ??? Is that an English word? Sounds French to me. Laughing I bet all you "We" are really French disquising your French Eiffel tyres as English. (HUMOR HERE EVERYBODY, I am being silly again.)
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Thats what we need!!!! A section for HUMOUR and jokes... this could be a great benefit with all the comedians here.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Thats what we need!!!! A section for HUMOUR and jokes... this could be a great benefit with all the comedians here.

It would be humorous mixing Kiwis and Aussies New Super Scooter Site !!! Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:

Kurt,

Ask and Ye shall receive New Super Scooter Site !!! Icon_cheers Great Idea !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Super Scooter Site !!!   New Super Scooter Site !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Super Scooter Site !!!
Page 1 of 1