Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Empty
PostSubject: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Two Years on my Silver Wing and HAMS was my first Maxi scooter Rally and it was fast riding in great country with very good Hospitality from Maggie and the St. Louis Riders. 1200 miles for the weekend for me riding to St. Louis from Dayton, Ohio and returning with another 400+ miles at the rally. Participants from all the Points of the compass rode to Hams. Muleprw road 1750 miles from Apache Junction AZ. What fine People to ride with. I had a very good time. The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 am

papa johns wrote:
Two Years on my Silver Wing and HAMS was my first Maxi scooter Rally and it was fast riding in great country with very good Hospitality from Maggie and the St. Louis Riders. 1200 miles for the weekend for me riding to St. Louis from Dayton, Ohio

Is that you Mike?? If so Mike rode with the fast group on Saturday The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:36 am

Mike,

This is Dale (& Kim), We were happy to meet you at HAMS and glad you had a good time. Welcome to this forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 am

honda_silver wrote:
papa johns wrote:
Two Years on my Silver Wing and HAMS was my first Maxi scooter Rally and it was fast riding in great country with very good Hospitality from Maggie and the St. Louis Riders. 1200 miles for the weekend for me riding to St. Louis from Dayton, Ohio

Is that you Mike?? If so Mike rode with the fast group on Saturday The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_cool

Ya Bill it's Mike I was thinking of you and mule and the weather west of St. Louis It's great to see you puched through the storm.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 pm

papa johns wrote:
I was thinking of you and mule and the weather west of St. Louis It's great to see you puched through the storm.

I never saw a drop of rain or rain clouds on Sunday or Monday.
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I never saw a drop of rain or rain clouds on
Sunday or Monday.

That's Great! the storm must have been coming from the north west. St. Louis was to have a storm at 12:00 noon on Sunday so we where getting out of Dodge before the fireworks began.
Do you have another big Rally ride schedule? I'm trailering to Boise, Idaho unloading and heading into the Northern Idaho Rockies July 22-23 then I'm going to SLC and riding the Wasatch Range and Wendover Desert. The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 pm

I forgot to mention before when I was running the Bull Shoals Ferry. A little after I arrived a husband and wife were each riding their own sport motorcycles asked me about the SWing. They were surprised how well/fast it handled the curves.

papa johns wrote:
Do you have another big Rally ride schedule?

At this time no.

papa johns wrote:
I'm trailering to Boise, Idaho unloading and heading into the Northern Idaho Rockies July 22-23 then I'm going to SLC and riding the Wasatch Range and Wendover Desert. The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_smile

That sounds fantastic ... I am sure that will be great riding area.

You might want to checkout http://www.soundrider.com/nwse/rally/
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:49 pm

papa johns wrote:

I'm trailering to Boise, Idaho unloading and heading into the Northern Idaho Rockies July 22-23 then I'm going to SLC and riding the Wasatch Range and Wendover Desert. The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_smile

Let me know if you want any recommendations on good rides along the Wasatch. There are some nice mountain rides with lots of twisties and great scenery. Perhaps we can meet up for a ride.

The ride from SLC to Wendover is not that great IMO. Superslab all the way, with a lot of truck traffic = a lot of buffeting on the S'Wing. Basically straight, uninteresting ride with boring scenery compared to the Wasatch range.
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Mike H, I would like to connect with another rider in the mountains. I'll be in West Valley during my stay. I rode around the Western mountains of the SL valley last year and enjoyed lunch at penny's and a visit on the poney express route west of Sarasota. I always about exploring the roads. I really Like the mountains and of course the mountains are my first choice. after July 23rd is my time frame and pm me for cell if you would like to ride.
Mike
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: soundrider   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Bill, Thanks for the heads up on the Northwest Maxi Scooter Rally at Stevenson, Washington. I have registered for the four day event and will be riding in the Columbia River Gorge. Leaving Saturday trailering west. I will be rolling for a month in the west. The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Papa johns,

If you get out to the San Francisco bay area let me know. There are some great rides out this way. Have a great time at the Northwest Maxi Scooter rally. Do you also know of the following sites:

www.maxi-scoots.com

www.burgmanusa.com (there is a guy (mod) there named "Daboo" that puts info on that site about the NW rally. He lives in the Seattle area)

www.silverwing.org (Just don't mention you go to this site)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/?yguid=224953824

Maggie is a cool person. I have chatted with her quite a few times on the www.maxi-scoots.com site and she advertises her rally here too. She is very active in all things scooters.

Hope you had a great time out there. I'm from Illinois and would love to get back there and go to her rally sometime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site   The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Heart of America Maxi Scooter Rally let me know about this site
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: