Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» noise under load
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:38 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Collected my Swing

Go down 
+3
cotetoi
Cosmic_Jumper
GeoffM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoffM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-01-15

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 am

Collected my Swing yesterday, from Bournemouth Honda. 4350 miles on the clock, very tidy, bit of bubbling on the rear shock chrome bits and very minor chips on the wheels, rest of the bike is very good. not bad at all for a 2010 Swing. Had a great ride back home, about 50 miles, although the weather could have been better only 4C and wet roads with a fair amount of road salt in places. So this morning spent washing off all the salt residue and spraying some protector on and having a good look over the bike, all in all really impressed, and very comfortable. Bit of wind buffeting, probably need a taller screen, it only has the standard screen. I now have a list of mods to carry out, hyperpro front springs, touring screen, heated grips, DR. Pulley sliders, should keep me busy until spring gets here. I'll post some pictures shortly.

Geoff.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 am

Congratulations, Geoff.

While no one has ever expressed regrets at upgrading to Hyperpros, I often wonder if just changing the shock oil to 20wt wouldn't be an inexpensive yet marked improvement.

Touring windscreen? Givi AF214 adjustable is the best to date --unless you're a giant, in which case you are on your own.

Tim
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 am

Geoff, Welcome to the forum.
You have buckets of experience on all sorts of bikes. I bet you'll enjoy the SWing just as much, if not more than the previous rides. It is a solid reliable piece of machinery ! With the mods you have lined up you'll have all the comforts too !
Jay.
Back to top Go down
GeoffM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Congratulations, Geoff.

While no one has ever expressed regrets at upgrading to Hyperpros, I often wonder if just changing the shock oil to 20wt wouldn't be an inexpensive yet marked improvement.

Touring windscreen? Givi AF214 adjustable is the best to date --unless you're a giant, in which case you are on your own.

Tim

Thanks for that, I may try thicker oil first in the forks. I have used HyperPro springs before on other bikes, and they do seem to improve things. Givi screen was what I was looking at, I'm 5' 10" so should be fine.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 am

Enjoy the new ride.
I'd be tempted to add tyres to the list as they will be aged by now.
If you are taking the transmission apart to put some DrP's in have a good look at the belt. If in doubt pop a new belt in while it's apart.
Back to top Go down
GeoffM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 am

steve_h80 wrote:
Enjoy the new ride.
I'd be tempted to add tyres to the list as they will be aged by now.
If you are taking the transmission apart to put some DrP's in have a good look at the belt. If in doubt pop a new belt in while it's apart.

It has a new pair of Bridgestone Hoops on it. I will be fully checking all the transmission when I put the DrP's in as a matter of course. thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Geoffm, make sure you get the Givi "Airflow" screen the standard one has no adjustment.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2017-10-20

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 pm

The givi airflow instructions are pants. You'll also find that with a later model bike like yours, that many of the bolts/holes required in the instructions are already on the bike. Mine's an 07 and I only needed to drill two small holes to access a pair of empty captive nuts for the top set of mounts. Be wary of the little metal brackets/templates provided... the edges are particularly sharp. I got a 'paper cut' off the edge. It was ok at first but after a few days was more sore than ever. It was on the top of a knuckle and I'd yelp/scream every time I caught it, which was surprisingly often!

I'm looking at getting either new sliders or a whole new variator on mine. I've noticed it tends to hold about 5,000rpm during full throttle acceleration, and then revs up higher once past about 50-60mph when it really gets a shift on. From looking at some dyno charts form Arrow and Delkevic, it seems that the engine really comes on cam at about 6,000rpm. So swapping sliders/rollers or a new variator could give a big performance boost simply by changing the rpm during hard acceleration. Let me know how you get on with those sliders. I've also noticed a slight dip in revs at about 5,000rpm during acceleration, possibly due to the ramp profile in the variator. Would be interested to see if Dr Pulley's cure this.
Back to top Go down
GeoffM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 2:25 pm

gavinfdavies wrote:
The givi airflow instructions are pants. You'll also find that with a later model bike like yours, that many of the bolts/holes required in the instructions are already on the bike. Mine's an 07 and I only needed to drill two small holes to access a pair of empty captive nuts for the top set of mounts. Be wary of the little metal brackets/templates provided... the edges are particularly sharp. I got a 'paper cut' off the edge. It was ok at first but after a few days was more sore than ever. It was on the top of a knuckle and I'd yelp/scream every time I caught it, which was surprisingly often!

I'm looking at getting either new sliders or a whole new variator on mine. I've noticed it tends to hold about 5,000rpm during full throttle acceleration, and then revs up higher once past about 50-60mph when it really gets a shift on. From looking at some dyno charts form Arrow and Delkevic, it seems that the engine really comes on cam at about 6,000rpm. So swapping sliders/rollers or a new variator could give a big performance boost simply by changing the rpm during hard acceleration. Let me know how you get on with those sliders. I've also noticed a slight dip in revs at about 5,000rpm during acceleration, possibly due to the ramp profile in the variator. Would be interested to see if Dr Pulley's cure this.

Gavin,
I'll bear that in mind about the screen fitting, and I'll let everyone know when I upgrade the sliders. Incidently, I've just moved to Wiltshire, I had lived in Tintern, near Chepstow for 10 years....

Geoff.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: New addition   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Congratulations on your latest addition. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Ride Often !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collected my Swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected my Swing   Collected my Swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collected my Swing
Page 1 of 1