Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Information, please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Information, please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Information, please Empty
PostSubject: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:15 am

Hi Guys ( & Gals ? ),

I've bought a 2005 Silverwing 400 from a fellow Farang here in Thailand. He used a local dealer ( from whom he origanally purchased the bike ) to sort out the ownership transfer, so it's all legit.

I need to get some parts for the bike, but am not certain what model it is ( FJS400 or FSC400 ? ). The two numbers that I've got are MC16-1008708 & NFO1E-1000799 which I presume are chassis and engine. Are you able please, or do you know anyone / anywhere to tell me what model the machine is ? If it's any help, it doesn't have ABS.

Also, I'd like to get copies of the Owners Manual & Workshop Manual. Once I know what model I've got I can do a better search. In the meantime, I've found several suppliers of Silverwing 600 manuals ~ apart from the cc, are there any major differences, or would a manual for a 600 suffice for doing routine chores on a 400 ?

Thank-you in anticipation.........................

Steve ( a.k.a. Proffesor )
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:24 am

Welcome to the forum! Information, please 186319 The 400 isn't available in the US as far as I know maybe a member from the Europe or Asia can help.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:25 am

I'm guessing - I think the fsc/fjs distinguish between Silverwings with and without ABS.
I repeat, it's only a guess.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:13 am

I seem to recall reading on here somewhere that the fjs/fcs bikes are the same, except that the fjs is in the European (and maybe Asian?) market, while the fcs is here in the States.

Don't take my word for this however! I'm just reporting what I THINK I saw here sometime. Good luck with sorting it all out.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 am

Proffesor wrote:
Hi Guys ( & Gals ? ),

I've bought a 2005 Silverwing 400 from a fellow Farang here in Thailand. He used a local dealer ( from whom he origanally purchased the bike ) to sort out the ownership transfer, so it's all legit.

I need to get some parts for the bike, but am not certain what model it is ( FJS400 or FSC400 ? ). The two numbers that I've got are MC16-1008708 & NFO1E-1000799 which I presume are chassis and engine. Are you able please, or do you know anyone / anywhere to tell me what model the machine is ? If it's any help, it doesn't have ABS.

Also, I'd like to get copies of the Owners Manual & Workshop Manual. Once I know what model I've got I can do a better search. In the meantime, I've found several suppliers of Silverwing 600 manuals ~ apart from the cc, are there any major differences, or would a manual for a 600 suffice for doing routine chores on a 400 ?

They sell the Silverwing 400 in Australia ( http://hondampe.com.au/repository/motorcycles/products/scooter/silverwing400/introduction.aspx ) ... you could contact any dealer and ask for location of model/serial numbers and they may be able to help locate the manuals for you.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:20 pm

I believe the "J" in fjs stands for "Japan" which would make it the asian market variant.

Your dealer should definitely be able to answer your questions and certainly get you parts and manuals.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information, please   Information, please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Information, please
Page 1 of 1