Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
A bit windy I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A bit windy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

A bit windy Empty
PostSubject: A bit windy   A bit windy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 4:26 am

I usually have a ride to the coast once a week, a round trip of seventy five miles. The weather prediction for Wednesday (my usual day for going) was, heavy rain, so I went on Tuesday. It was a bit windy I thought but not that bad. The evening news said it was blowing 60-70mph wind, well I've been in stronger winds than that. Wednesday, was cloudy so I went again, no rain, just a bit colder. I was reminded of a common saying we have in the North " Weather prediction, for the South, gale force winds do not travel unless essential, for the North, you will need a thicker coat".
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

A bit windy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit windy   A bit windy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am

I've been mainly using my Dutch push bike this week and it's been hard work with these winds. Being more of a load carrier than a leisure bike, it's a big heavy slow beast to pedal even on flat roads. We' recently changed gyms to a one nearer to home, so I'm pedalling a couple of miles there, doing my routine on various machines, then more legwork on an exercise bike and a treadmill, before showering and riding my push bike back home.

I was also out doing my voluntary litter picking yesterday morning with my bag and tongs, dressed in the hi-vis orange German dustbin mans outfit I bought in Hamburg way back in 2000. The recent winds had blown all sorts of litter about some from unsecured recycling boxes, snack wrappers from school kids, and a lot from the inbred lazy tossers who just drop their empty drinks cans, soft drink bottles, and cigarette packets etc. Most stuff I clean up is from a nearby area I don't live in.

I see quite a few retired old gits like me going round their local patch or further afield litter picking, and you know after it's been windy on recycling collection days there'll be stuff to pick up.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

A bit windy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit windy   A bit windy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 6:03 am

and a lot from the inbred lazy tossers who just drop their empty drinks cans, soft drink bottles, and cigarette packets etc. Most stuff I clean up is from a nearby area I don't live in. <<>>

Amen Meldrew it's no different here, perhaps one small one as our road isn't a short cut to anywhere so it has to be locals, fast food restaurant wrappers, one particular kind of beer cans and cigarette pack so it's probably the same slob Sad
Last week I called the sheriff because a pile looked to much like a bottle meth lab mess and I wasn't about to touch it, it was gone latter in the day.

Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

A bit windy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit windy   A bit windy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

I keep toying with the idea of organising a litter squad up here to deal with the messy buggers.
I don't think getting volunteers will be difficult, it's getting the kalashnikovs and ammunition that has me stumped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A bit windy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit windy   A bit windy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit windy
Page 1 of 1