Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Led brake/turn light strip?

Go down 
+3
tarmacburner2
MikeO
jshcastle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jshcastle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jshcastle

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Led brake/turn light strip? Empty
PostSubject: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

im thinking of getting an LED brake light strip, with integrated turn signals, but im not sure where to look or what price im looking at. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and what they used to do it. I want to put the light strip on the back of the silver mount where you mount top cases (i dont have one on at the moment.).

I think that i may purchase one of DennisB's perfect connectors to do this:
https://www.silverwing600.com/t2847-the-perfect-connector

So, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Admore do a couple - I have the Mini Light Bar connected via DennisB's excellent Perfect Connector. There are pictures in my album.

The bar is very good although not cheap.....but quality costs!

http://admorelighting.com/index.php?page=products/index.php&subpage=5

Back to top Go down
jshcastle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jshcastle

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 pm

those are probably very good, but im not really willing to drop 150$+ on a brake light kit at the moment. are there any good cheaper alternatives? im looking to spend no more than 90$ or so, including Dennis's perfect connector @ 32$, so, is there anything good around 55$ to 60$?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Dynamics-M109-C90-Rear-LED-Array-Turn-Signals-AMBER-RED-AMBER-/150870164191?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23209002df

Expensive!

I have two twelve led strips mounted on the rear of my Silverwing. Eight on each strip are red, the other four are amber. Four of the red ones are on all the time (same as stock) and four light when a brake is applied. Obviously one strip's amber leds used for indicating left, the other for right. I bought them on ebay and can't find them at the moment.
Here is a piccie. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89523430/2012-04-09%2012.59.40.jpg
The red lights that aren't illuminated are the brake lights.

Here is something that might do for you.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Bike-LED-Strip-Stop-Light-Integrated-Indicators-/150854085086?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item231f9aa9de

The red leds only light up with the brake (but you could wire it to the rear lights)

trawl ebay and see what you can find.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

How about this $41.95. I have one mounted under my top box, with a piece 1&1/2" aluminum angel. It's right behind the top of the rear of the spoiler or whatever if's called.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/gyb-products-versa-light/part/GYB-2005
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 pm

I used a different approach to lite up the back of my 06 wing.I replaced the rear single filament turn signal sockets with a two filament socket to give me two more rear lights.You can find them at your local junk yard or auto prats store.I like the older(bayonet)type. You have to modify the socket our the housing to install the different socket. No big deal. I like to leave the scooter alone and modify the socket.Wiring is straight forward. Make sure the turn signal is the brighter filament. Try and find the most red bulb you can find.
When traveling in the am in the Smokey mountains I was told they really made the scooter visible from the back. And around the Chicago area you need all the help you can get. Howard NWSSC
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Check out (http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-accent-lighting/) and let your imagination run wild. I used strips in the reflectors of two different top boxes for running ,brake, and turn signals. A little time and effort saves some money the hardest part was making a plug that would unplug and plug back in when taking the box off and on. Used a microphone plug and jack from an old CB radio and epoxy to hold it in place.
Back to top Go down
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am

model28a wrote:
How about this $41.95. I have one mounted under my top box, with a piece 1&1/2" aluminum angel. It's right behind the top of the rear of the spoiler or whatever if's called.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/gyb-products-versa-light/part/GYB-2005

I just finished hooking up my "new", unused, 10+ year old BackOff light bar similarly to this. Aluminum angle from Ace Hardware and my own version of Dennis' connector made from eBay-purchased plugs and my collection of wires and electrical stuff. I bought the bar way back when for my CB400F at a GoldWing rally and never got around to mounting it on the 400 or on any later bike, until now. This one does not have turn signal functions, but does do brake and turn. What I really like about it is the fact that the brake light is almost painfully bright. Cagers have a hard time ignoring it.

Next is the four-ways, using a neat looking handlebar mounted switch and DPDT relay, as well as headlight modulator. I'm really cheap and so would like to try the S75H4 from Comagination. Any advice, experience, etc on this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led brake/turn light strip?   Led brake/turn light strip? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led brake/turn light strip?
Page 1 of 1