Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
todays rideout I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

todays rideout

Go down 
+7
Meldrew
papa johns
Waspie
RArch
MikeO
tarmacburner2
marco
11 posters
AuthorMessage
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-21

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:23 am

We have been blessed with a sunny day here in the north west uk today, so me and a friend on his nc 700s went out for a good ride. The silverwing has done just under 500 miles now and is loosening up nicely, and is 'ran in'.
On a lovely clear stretch of road my friend tried to out accelerate me on his nc700, but I stuck with him no problem, I dont think I was on the throttle stop, and every gearchange on the nc700 noticably lost a bit of speed . I had a big grin on my face, and my friend was suprised I kept up with him. A great day, 175 miles, filled up just before home 12.8 ltrs of fuel, I dont know what that works out at on MPG, ??, but Im very happy. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Colin was probably just playing with you Mark!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:14 pm

175 miles on less than a tankful of fuel is very good!
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 pm

it was brimmed up before we left mike, so a full tank to 175 miles, Ive just been told by colin it wasnt the gearchange losing speed, he was hitting the rev limiter!! Laughing , Im even happier now..
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Here is something else to grin at; 175 miles for 12.8ltrs equals 62mpg Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:41 pm

MikeO wrote:
175 miles on less than a tankful of fuel is very good!

I couldn't match it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I joined 200 twisted souls at the Scoot-a-Que, the annual Scooter Rally in Columbus, Ohio, USA. We rode the Ribbon of Tar North West of Columbus through Farm Fields of Corn, Soybean and Dairy Cows. There where three Silver Wings and about the same number of Burgmans. There was a collection of tin Vespa and Lambretta's. A large collection of modern Vespa's, Honda's, and genuine Buddy. At least two Vespa with Side Cars. We find the pleasure of meeting friends from past rallys that we see only on these occasions. There are clubs in all the large cities of the Midwest United States. I logged 162 miles today. The young folks will be partying tonight, I have slipped back home for a fine dinning evening.
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 am

With the engine not having its first service yet, although ran in I try to keep the revs below 5000rpm which still gets the s/wing up to 60mph quick enough, criusing between 4500-5000 revs, only accelerating hard once or twice. Because of the milege, I am being a bit careful with the throttle, which is probably why I achieved 62mpg, saying this, I was still making a good pace and progress, staying with the others, maybe this 'gentle throttle approach ' isn;t a bad thing.
Sounds like a great scooter rally in Ohio , papa johns.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:15 am

I think it's more to do with you having a new model Silver Wing and going on a long run rather than short commuting rides. I've posted on the Muppets about quite regularly getting 170+ miles out of a tank without going onto reserve, when the older models were usually on reserve on 130 miles.
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 am

good point, I forgot to mention, I was on reserve ( last bar flashing)for around the last ten miles
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 am

This week has been 5,6,7 ,and today 11 C will be my last ride of the year. Last years riding was over Oct 15 , this year Nov 22 will be my last Swing coffee run of 100 kl +. This is all bonus for me, I usually Ice fishing by know with 8 " of ice. If this milled weather keeps up I might be riding some time in March. Ho knows , If this trend keeps up we might become the Miami of the North. Smile chickendance motorcycle
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Alas, today is the final day of riding here too Sad Both scoots are on the patio and up on stands to sit out the winter. Today was able to ride to Thanksgiving service at church, stop at the grocery to buy tomorrow's feast (not today!) and then scoot home only to put him up for the winter. A sad, sad day each year. Crying or Very sad

Tomorrow may be looking out the window at the white stuff Shocked

Come on spring!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Just did my final ride of the year.Will do oil and filter change and fog the cylinders next week. Storms are brewing ,snow is coming .Will be ready come springtime. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 pm

I guess I had better keep quiet on this subject if I want to keep friends. My mother always told me not to brag when I have something a little better than others. But come summer I will be the one whining. Razz
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:45 pm

I think I might of had my final ride out today also. Went for a short jaunt to the cemetery this morning to sees my Mom's grave and marker. She passed away Sept. 28th of this year. She had a good long life she was 93 and passed away peacefully with five of her seven children at her side. You can't ask for much more than that.

The short jaunt took my mileage to just over 30,000 smiles since I began riding 26 months ago.

May try and do the Toys for Tots ride on Sunday, Dec. 2nd here in Chicago if weather permits.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone on this side of the pond. Smile

swing

Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:25 pm

It is finely over, I change the oil and filter ,fog the cylinders, removed the the battery,and put the cover on. Hope to an early spring. Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

todays rideout Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays rideout   todays rideout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

todays rideout
Page 1 of 1