Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?

Go down 
+11
The Scootist
jobo2mi
Waspie
"Hi Yo"
tankyuong
smorkle
surlybiker58
dspevack
tarmacburner2
Winger61
cjuzda
15 posters
AuthorMessage
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-16

What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? Empty
PostSubject: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Here are two I just had recently:

"Is it gas or electric?" - asked while they were standing at the right rear of the bike looking directly at the exhaust

"Do you actually ride your "moped" on Highway 5? "

(Highway 5 has a speed limit of 80 KPH)

Chris
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I was pulled over by the police for a 'routine check'. The guy looked at the Wing and said "What size engine is it then?" "600cc" says I. "Oh, do they make 'em that big then?" says he. You know, for the life of me I daren't reply! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I pulled up at a favourite biker stop. Stopped and dismounted (that includes getting the crutches off from where they are fastened on). One biker strolled over to look at the scoot. Enquired about the engine size and other usual questions. He then asked "Can you ride it?" I bit my tongue and just said "Oh yes, no problem." I think it was then that he realised he had seen me pull in and stop!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm

I had the following conversation with a motorcycle police officer at a stoplight he was riding the Harley police bike.
Officer: How big is the engine?
Me: 600cc
Officer: How fast does it go?
Me: Why, it goes the speed limit officer (with an innocent look of indignation).
Officer: How fast would it go if there was no speed limit?
Me: About 110.
Officer: Damn, I wouldn't want to get in a high speed chase with you. You'd outrun me.

Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Everyone seems to ask me the same dumb questions :

"Can you ride it on the highway ?" then followed by "how fast will it go ?"

Those drivers who encounter me at stop lights soon find out.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:16 pm

I rode my silverwing from Kansas City to Hot Springs, AR once to visit my family. On my return trip I stopped at a gas station where there was a group of 3 Harley riders. One of them asked me where I was headed and I told him I was going to Kansas City to which he replied "on THAT thing?!?!" I just laughed when I told him that I had, in fact ridden it down here and I figured it was gonna have to get me back too. Don't you just love complete ignorance?
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:56 am

"where's the toe shifter?"
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 am

I think mine was the man who said, "Oh, it's a scooter, it doesn't go very fast." And this was the guy doing the state inspection. Granted. he was asian and probably thought of the hoards of scooters in his home country.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 am

Aren't most questions from non Wing riders dumb, based on ill informed info or assumptions based on the fact it's covered in plastic.

I just ignore them if they are too stupid! (Most are).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 am

Why .... oh why .......... do people INSIST on calling it a 'moped'???? Yes, it has a motor (the 'mo-') but THERE ARE NO, NOR HAVE THERE EVER BEEN, PEDALS (the '-ped')

As you say, Waspie, ...they are too stupid! (Most are).

GGgrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:51 pm

A while back I was sitting at a stop light and I had a wanker on a cruiser comment on my "Moped" and ask how fast would it go. I knew he was just trying to get a rise out of, so I answered by asking, "If you want to see how fast it goes, then let's race for pink slips and if I win I take your pile of Milwaukee sh*t." This obviously irritated him, but not enough to race for title. Which was good for him, because when the light turned green I opened it up and easily pulled away from him.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Being a "new" rider at the time, about three and a half years ago, I was on my very first group ride with about 10 Legion Riders fellas. Nothing was said until after we had stopped for burgers in this one little town and were fixing to head back home on a high speed (70mph) four lane highway for 40 or so miles.

We were mounting up when the ride captain took a look at the SWing and said, "Will your Vespa be able to keep up?"

I got a good laugh out of it because he pretty much said it "tounge-in-cheek". Really, most of the wonderment I've received from these folks is comments about "those little wheels". They know it goes fast, they just don't understand how it keeps doing it...
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Over all the years and motorcycles and scooters I have had and ridden; one "dumb" question always crops up... After pleasantries about riding I invariably get asked "what do you do when it rains?"

After so many years I just smile placidly and respond "I get wet".
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 am

"Where's the motor?"

Back when my '03 was still shiny I pulled over at restaurant/fuel stop on the Interstate and parked along side several 'Bad, bad Leroy Brown'-type cruisers. Later as I was returning to my scoot and the cruisers were loudly pulling away, a couple of well dressed ladies and a gentleman were admiring my scoot. "Where's the motor?", they asked.

I feigned shock, looked at the step thru, opened the seat & looked in there, walked around to the other side of the scoot, bent down & looked underneath. Then got up and looked at them with wide amazement while stating "Oh man, there was one there when I pulled in...them damn Harley guys must have done something..."
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Cosmic Jumper: applause
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 am

"You rode here on that?!" Um, duh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?   What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the funniest or dumbest question anyone has asked about you SWing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: