Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shocks setting
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:31 am

» Side stand “shoe”
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby MattinAZ Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Swinging in the Rain
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» Front wheel wobble
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» HayvenMoses
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Tell us a joke
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 12:18 am

» Squeaking Rubbing sound
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:38 pm

» any gilera gp800 riders
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:21 pm

» The Blue Suit
Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeby terrier Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:40 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacement tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Replacement tires Empty
PostSubject: Replacement tires   Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:54 am

I only have about 8,000 miles on my '07 SW but I know that I need to be thinking about replacing the original tires. I found that the Dunlop 305 and the Pirelli Diablo both come in the sizes for the SW and wondered what others recommend. The Dunlop seems to be a little more costly, but the cost is not a concern for me.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Replacement tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement tires   Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:05 am

The standard stock setup with bridgestone hoops was in my opinion the worst choice for handling. I've had a set of Michelin Pilot Sports which are much better, but they wear quicker. Toward the end of their life (rear tyre) the handling dropped off a little. Apparently "Metzeler Feelfree" and Pirelli are good,whilst Avons don't get a good write up, poor in the wet.

Strangely and by accident due to not being able to get the tyres I wanted, I am currently running with a bridgstone hoop on the back and a Michelin Pilot Sport on the front, which so far has been by far the best setup for handling. Wear I imagine should be good as the bridgestone rear (where you need it) is quit hardy.
Back to top Go down
mikbak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mikbak

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Replacement tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement tires   Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:31 am

Bernardo wrote:
The standard stock setup with bridgestone hoops was in my opinion the worst choice for handling. I've had a set of Michelin Pilot Sports which are much better, but they wear quicker. Toward the end of their life (rear tyre) the handling dropped off a little. Apparently "Metzeler Feelfree" and Pirelli are good,whilst Avons don't get a good write up, poor in the wet

Currently just done 1500miles to Scotland on Avon Tyres a lot of the time in the soaking wet, just a couple of 'stepouts' but I take it real easy in the wet..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maxi-touring.co.uk
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Replacement tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement tires   Replacement tires I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:09 am

Very wise to go slower in the wet and especially the winter.... It was quite frightening on the maxi-muppet site this winter just gone, the number of riders that had a wee spill thanks to slippy roads. But now that the summer is nigh, things are much more fun, notwithstanding I am also getting out on the bike a lot more aswell as the scoot. Smile
Back to top Go down

Replacement tires
Page 1 of 1