Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

ENGINE VIBRATION

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikem420
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-03

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 pm

buying a 2004 silver wing with 1300 miles, has a bad vibration on take off and when riding everything shacks . Very weak acceleration don't know whats wrong with it also rear wheel spins at 20 mph when idling on center stand . didn't buy yet deciding if its going to be an expensive fix . does anybody have any advice thank you mike

I just talked to the owner of the silverwing he said when he took the cvt cover off the belt looked brand new and that when he ran it with cover off the belt was really loose flapping around all over the place . H e wants 2000.00 for scooter I just hope that the fix is very cheap I m very mechanical and it would just cost me parts no labor , do you think its worth buying

Last edited by mikem420 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm

It could be the springs on the clutch are broken/too weak that are causing it to drag and turn the wheel.

It sounds like the drive train needs a good overhaul. 1330 miles isnt many... I'm wondering what has dried up, the belt could be showing signs of cracking I'd change that as a mater of course.

Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:18 am

If the engine runs smoothly at idle, then theres no problem there. That leaves the most likely culprit the CVT. Having sat for so long, and with the rear wheel turning at idle, it sounds like the variator plates aren't opening/closing like they should. Not a whole lot of parts in that CVT and I seriously doubt any have gone bad; maybe a good cleaning is all that is needed. Might be worth your while to talk to a Honda shop tech to see what they suggest, and get an estimate on cleaning/checking the CVT.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Offer him $1500 now----my take not expensive fix---the shaking may be clutch judder-----then that can be fix by simply running the engine up against the brakes, cook glaze off rear clutch-----Owner had drive case off? Heaven only knows what he might have screwed up-----it is normal for CVT belt to flop around and it and the drive system do their job. If bike isn't too cobbled up $1500 good deal in my book. 1300 miles not much can be worn out---belt may have aged as also the tires.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I agree with John, sounds like it just needs a good clean up! It will do you good to get familiar with the down-under Laughing

Just shake your head alot and sigh a few times and see if he takes your offer!
Back to top Go down
mikem420
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-03

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 pm

It turned out that one of the rollers where jammed in between the face plate on the drive causing it to get stuck in high gear.Belt staying high on pully turned out to be an easy fix . Thanks everybody for the advice , bought silverwing for 2000.00 with 1300miles and it didnt cost my anything to fix it.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 am

Now that's a result bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Sponsored content

ENGINE VIBRATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENGINE VIBRATION   ENGINE VIBRATION I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ENGINE VIBRATION
Page 1 of 1